Cant decide, Sniper or Gunslinger

Maaajk

I got 50 operative and wanting to make one of theese, i got 26 sniper and 15 gunslinger, just cant decide wich i wanne do, i change my mind every other day, i kinda like the Han Solo style, but also like the sniper style.

Kinda afraid id get bored having 2 characters with same "skills" companions" etc etc, however i like IA quest alot moore then GS, it just seems boring (however, im only 15).

Opinions? :X

I got 50 operative and wanting to make one of theese, i got 26 sniper and 15 gunslinger, just cant decide wich i wanne do, i change my mind every other day, i kinda like the Han Solo style, but also like the sniper style.

Kinda afraid id get bored having 2 characters with same "skills" companions" etc etc, however i like IA quest alot moore then GS, it just seems boring (however, im only 15).

Opinions? :X

Having played both, I can say that, despite mechanical similarities, they do have different feel. Gunslinger has a lot of whacky and cool firing moves and animations, multicoloured blaster fire also looks great.

Gunslinger is more of a smooth pro shooter. Nothing flashy, Just measured, precise, powerful shots.

As far as story goes, Smuggler story is a lot of fun, as long as you get past Taris (Tatooine bossfight, for example, is awesome). Might not be as thought-out and moody as Agent, but it has a light humor atmosphere that helps relax. Also, Smugglers tend to have the funniest responses.

I prefer the gunslinger to the sniper (have a 50 of both, plus an operative). They just seem like they are doing more at any given time due to dual wielding. Sniper is like "...BOOM....BOOM.....BOOM.." compared to gunslinger being more like "pewpewpew.. pewpewpew.. BOOM.. pewpewpew"

Just seems more exciting.

Plus I think a sniper being restricted to 30-35 meters is weird.

I had a 48 Op I just leveled and I deleted him and went rebel and started a gunslinger. I like the companions way better, the gear looks better, and I think two pistols is cooler than a sniper. Just my opinon though.

Regreted every second I played on my Op. Its a joke class. If I want to heal I'll play a sorc and if I want to play stealth I'll play a assassin.

Edited by TheMove

I have a 50 operative too and ultimately decided to change sides to play a slingler. First of all they are conceptually far cooler and have cooler animations all around imo. I also got sick of the Empire frankly. I find it much more fun to have a craptastic ton of Jedi around who are typically very friendly than a craptastic ton of Sith around who acts like jack holes both in rp and normal chat seeing how they all think they should be bad asses all the time.

Slinger also gave me a new story and a feeling I wasn't a pawn for my faction. I walk around with the feeling I can tell anyone to frack off at any time because my loyalties are thin at best.

I have a 48 sniper and a 42 'slinger. Honestly, sniper is boring. 2 levels from 50, and I've shelved him. Gunslinger is a lot more fun. Here's why:

Story. Agent may have an awesome story, maybe the best, but the smuggler is so iconic, and so "piratey" it's a lot of FUN. Yes, you may not blow up thousands of people, but it sure as hell is a ride.

Animations. Sniper. Fire. Fire. Fire. Probably the most boring animations in the game. The most interesting animation

is Series of Shots, which isn't that interesting... Oh, and Shiv, but you'll hardly use it. Gunslinger may be a little repetitive, but at least you fire different, and you play more as a cowboy, ducking, firing quick shots, hiding, fighting dirty. Never gets old.

Style. The look of a smuggler is awesome. There are a lot of choices. You can go for the iconic Han Solo set, or maybe a fur coat and a "cowboy" hat, or you can gear up and go for a techy look. Civilian or Cyborg warrior, choice is yours. Plus, you get dual pistols, or you can switch to one for RP or fooling around if you'd like.

Companions. I love the smuggler companions and the ship just because they -feel- like a smuggler. Agent's companions, while great, don't have the same sense as the smuggler's. Corso is like Luke, Bowdaar Chewie, Risha Leia, and you're Han. Then you get Akaavi, who is probably one of the most BA companions in the game. And Guss, arguably the best companion in the game. Definitely feels like a rag tag team of smugglers.

Convos. Smuggler really shines on his funny little phrases and neutrality. Agents may get flirts and such just as often, smuggler really feels like they were catered for them solely.

Want the wildest adventure in the game? Smuggler probably isn't for you, although it is wild. This is more of the calm, funny story that gives you a break from saving the galaxy and killing legendary foes. Instead, you get girls, money, and, well, a Wookiee.

See you on the hyperspace lanes.

Animations. Sniper. Fire. Fire. Fire. Probably the most boring animations in the game. The most interesting animation

is Series of Shots, which isn't that interesting... Oh, and Shiv, but you'll hardly use it. Gunslinger may be a little repetitive, but at least you fire different, and you play more as a cowboy, ducking, firing quick shots, hiding, fighting dirty. Never gets old.

I'd like to point that when you choose a class which name is "Sniper", you shouldn't expect to be flashy. When you hear the word "Sniper", you must have in mind "steady, well-aimed, deadly single shots". BioWare succeed very well to transcript this feeling.

Indeed, the Sniper's style is opposed to the Gunslinger's style which is much more "gangsta" or "street-fight". In my opinion it would be a success if the Gunslinger wouldn't be so immobile like the Sniper.

From my point of view, the Gunslinger's animations would fit much more a run'n'gun fighting style, even though the cover mechanic fits them too, but I don't see them spending the whole time behind it. When I imagine a dual-pistol using outlaw, I rather see a guy switching between running and entrenching. But the mechanics doesn't really allow it. For me Gunslinger's animation are inconsistent because of it.

Edited by Altheran

I'd like to point that when you choose a class which name is "Sniper", you shouldn't expect to be flashy. When you hear the word "Sniper", you must have in mind "steady, well-aimed, deadly single shots". BioWare succeed very well to transcript this feeling.

Indeed, the Sniper's style is opposed to the Gunslinger's style which is much more "gangsta" or "street-fight". In my opinion it would be a success if the Gunslinger wouldn't be so immobile like the Sniper.

From my point of view, the Gunslinger's animations would fit much more a run'n'gun fighting style, even though the cover mechanic fits them too, but I don't see them spending the whole time behind it. When I imagine a dual-pistol using outlaw, I rather see a guy switching between running and entrenching. But the mechanics doesn't really allow it. For me Gunslinger's animation are inconsistent because of it.

Dirty Fighting Gunslinger: run and gun and almost no need for cover. The only time I use cover is against bosses so I can use "Speed Shot" because it requires cover. Other than that I almost never use cover. Try it. :)

Dirty Fighting Gunslinger: run and gun and almost no need for cover. The only time I use cover is against bosses so I can use "Speed Shot" because it requires cover. Other than that I almost never use cover. Try it. :)

I can't, I chose Scoundrel and Sniper for this reason.

And even with lethality on my Sniper, I don't really feel the run'n'gun style... You can do it for few seconds times to times, but it is too much reliant on abilities like Series of Shots, Cull and Ambush to have the feeling I'm seeking. And cover gives too much protection to be left easily. Personally I feel like my Assault Commando is much more run'n'gun-style, and if he were able to take cover (just hiding behind objects to avoid shots, without the immunity to leaps or interrupts) it would be much more what I'd expect when imagining a Gunslinger.

What I imagined is the stance of Charged Burst or Aimed Shot (I don't recall the name of the ability when he use both pistols but at 90°) but when running, if you see what I'm saying.