Kaon Under Siege final boss - hard mode

Hey guys,

I've seen some videos in youtube explaining the mechanics of the final boss fight. So, there are 3 guys to beat. The middle one is the commander, wich everyone says in the videos, should be the last one to take out.

I saw 1 video where the person talking said the commander should be the first to be killed. He didn't say the reason for it, but I imagine its because it's the commander who gives the order for the other 2 to attack a random group member. So by eliminating the commander first, no more orders can be given and the tank can control the other 2 as he pleases.

Am I correct or not? Opinions please.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hunched over rak has a move where he pins the target to the ground for a very long time and he soft enrages, increasing his damage by a significant amount, if you kill him first it just makes your healer's job a lot easier. A geared and skilled enough group could honestly kill them in any order though.

Hey guys,

I've seen some videos in youtube explaining the mechanics of the final boss fight. So, there are 3 guys to beat. The middle one is the commander, wich everyone says in the videos, should be the last one to take out.

I saw 1 video where the person talking said the commander should be the first to be killed. He didn't say the reason for it, but I imagine its because it's the commander who gives the order for the other 2 to attack a random group member. So by eliminating the commander first, no more orders can be given and the tank can control the other 2 as he pleases.

Commander is tauntable by tank, others are not until the commander is dead. Also the big rakghoul dude on the right will have a sort of mini enrage where is says he's growing angry etc so best to take him down quickly as well. So depending on how good your dps is either the commander first (usually) or the big rakghoul if your groups dps is lacking.

Always the small one on the left last.

This FP is nearly one year old, and i have seen EVERY order get talked about.

For me its easy:

get an offtank (better three DDs) for kaon.

Everyone takes one of the bosses and hope for the healer to get pinned down.

So you can play a DD race.

To make it even more interesting, add some hundret k credits in the middle and roll for wich one gets what target.

I have healed it with my columi/rakata gear smuggler even with only tionese/columi dds (shadow dd as "tank").

I found order doesn't really matter as long as people focus. In fact the easiest clear that I did was not target any of them, just mass aoe them all to death (was in HM). I (sniper) dropped Orbital Strikes and volleys, our healer (op) dropped Orbitals inbetween heals, our tank (PT) used Death from Above and Flamethrower, and the other DPS (mara) spammed boosted smashes, of course that works with a strong group of people who know what they were doing. Edited by Athena-Nike

Boss first imo. As long as boss is alive the adds are imune to taunts. If boss tells adds to attack the healer who ofc stands a good distance from the tank he can kite the adds and will not get pinned. (unless the adds catch him ofc.)

Just run a ½ circle and end up near the tank. By then the boss probably is dead and the tank can taunt. And you want to be nearer the tank when the small adds come.

Personally, from the perspective of a tank, I prefer to have control over a fight, so I always ask the groups I run with to kill the leader first (so I can taunt the others) and to stack in melee range. I cannot stand it when ranged DPS or healers try to stand as far away as possible and kite the boss, because all it does is cost us DPS and make everything more complicated than it has to be. You'd have to be exceptionally undergeared or have a very poor healer for this boss to require kiting.

Best tactic for boss is to stick your rdps and healer up on the platforms on the side going up to the final conversation...stick em right up there on the rails and melt the big guy as he targets. It makes the fight incredibly easy and you can really kill any of them you want that way because the 2 adds end up running up to get their target. Using the rail tactic you can kill the commander and then finish off the big guy and medium guy or you can burn the big guy before he even gets close to anyone. If you are doing this with melee dps though no question kill the big guy first.

Both kill orders are correct since it's not like there is a mechanically predefined kill order. Interestingly, every server/faction seems to have its own "default" kill order that people have come to expect (which was an adventure when the server merges first happened and you had to explain what "doing this the usual way?" meant to people with different interpretations of it thanks to learning it on different servers).

The kill order I always default to is right>left>middle (making sure to mark them before we start). None of the bosses deal all that much damage, even if you're appropriate geared for it, so the only really "dangerous" thing is the big guy's pin. When he's down, it doesn't really matter what the other kill order is because the remaining 2 have the same amount of hp and you'll still deal with 1 that ignores threat while you're killing the second with the last one responding to threat regardless.

While it doesn't really matter to me what kill order is used, the one thing that *always* perturbs me is when someone runs up to the upper platforms: inevitably, they'll be the one called out resulting in the 2 untauntable bosses running all the way up there (and potentially back down if the rail person isn't inept and knows to take the fall before they're jumped and pinned) which splits the group up and cuts down on the damage the group is throwing out (even if you're burning the center boss first, it still reduces damage output because you're not benefiting from incidental AoE). Don't bother with doing the rail/platform thing. Just stand in the center with everyone else and burn the bastids down in whatever kill order the group decided on beforehand.

Also, when the adds spawn after one of the bosses dies, stay grouped up so that you can burn those adds down faster. It's also a bad idea to use your knockback on those adds: they die crazy fast if they're all together and using a KB just spreads them out and makes them take longer to die (I often see healers running around like crazy or using KB as soon as the horde gets close which is *so* annoying; even if you're in recruit gear, they barely tickle and you're just making it more annoying for your tank to pick up all of them and your DPS to burn them down).

From a healer;

Please kill the commander first. The big one's pin is genuinely a breeze to heal through, and I prefer to have the tank be in control of aggro so it's not on me. I commonly get targetted by the two adds (if you can call them that) and it's just annoying.

So yeah, Commander, then the Hulk, then the tiny one.

THANK YOU :D

here is how i do it:

for names and easyness

the one that commands is #1

knockdowner is #2

attacker is #3

kill #3 first, the #1 and #2 do low damage

now 2/3rds fo the damage incoming are done, kill #2 that way no one gets knockdowned, this lets you kill #1 faster

recap: damager first, then knockdowner, then commander

From a healer;

Please kill the commander first. The big one's pin is genuinely a breeze to heal through, and I prefer to have the tank be in control of aggro so it's not on me. I commonly get targetted by the two adds (if you can call them that) and it's just annoying.

So yeah, Commander, then the Hulk, then the tiny one.

THANK YOU :D

This is probably the worst order ever. One year ago, when we were tanking with 16-17K HP, this order was simply asking "let's wipe please" :)

While it doesn't really matter to me what kill order is used, the one thing that *always* perturbs me is when someone runs up to the upper platforms: inevitably, they'll be the one called out resulting in the 2 untauntable bosses running all the way up there (and potentially back down if the rail person isn't inept and knows to take the fall before they're jumped and pinned) which splits the group up and cuts down on the damage the group is throwing out (even if you're burning the center boss first, it still reduces damage output because you're not benefiting from incidental AoE).

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think incidental AOE damage outweighs the DPS saved from no DPS getting pinned at all. Particularly if you're in a PUG, no pins on a non-tank can make this fight go a lot smoother.

That said, no one (except maybe a healer) should be kiting these guys. DPS should stand on the railings and be smart about it, i.e. jump down before they're pinned, and then go stand on the tank so the mobs head back there. A DPS running around doing little damage might as well get himself pinned and prevent some chaos. And of course with melee DPS a pinning should just be expected.

Edited by Pubsam

Kill the pin one...the order does not really matter, but I hate being a healer watching health bars go down and there is nothing I can do about it because I am pinned. If all pug dps used defensive cooldowns, it would be no big deal, but the only thing important to some is a high dps number.

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think incidental AOE damage outweighs the DPS saved from no DPS getting pinned at all. Particularly if you're in a PUG, no pins on a non-tank can make this fight go a lot smoother.

The problem is that you only get the no-pin when the people on the rail all know what they're doing. Most RDPS and healers, especially in PuGs, get pretty oblivious concerning enemies that they are not target and move out of their direct line of sight (which is what happens with the untauntables when you're on the rail). The rail-drop strat works great for coordinated guild groups that don't really need the extra help, but, for most pugs, they'll just end up screwing it up because they weren't paying attention. It's a risk/reward thing: you're risking the group splitting up and lowering tangential AoE on the off chance that the people on the rail will actually pay attention and drop before they get pinned. A vast majority of the time the risk outweighs the rewards when you're dealing with PuGs.

As to the incidental AoE, you'd be surprised how much additional damage you end up getting "for free" from it: all Smugglers should be dropping Flyby even on a single target but it's friggin' amazing with 3 or more, Focus spec Sents and Guards do a lot more damage when there are 3 targets stacked up, all of the tanks will do a lot more damage when the group is stacked up (Guardians with Guardian Slash and Sweep, VGs with HiB and Pulse Cannon, Shadows with Slow Time and FB), etc. You'd be surprised with exactly how much incidental AoE is in the game.

This is probably the worst order ever. One year ago, when we were tanking with 16-17K HP, this order was simply asking "let's wipe please" :)

lmao, maybe if you're horrible? Again, as a tank, if everyone else has decent gear (Tionese or better, which everyone should have by now, no excuses), its far easier if the middle guy goes down first because then you can control the fight. The pin thing really doesn't do much damage at all, even if they pin the healer.

I think this is all really moot because I have never once wiped on this fight before, ever.

The problem is that you only get the no-pin when the people on the rail all know what they're doing. Most RDPS and healers, especially in PuGs, get pretty oblivious concerning enemies that they are not target and move out of their direct line of sight (which is what happens with the untauntables when you're on the rail). The rail-drop strat works great for coordinated guild groups that don't really need the extra help, but, for most pugs, they'll just end up screwing it up because they weren't paying attention. It's a risk/reward thing: you're risking the group splitting up and lowering tangential AoE on the off chance that the people on the rail will actually pay attention and drop before they get pinned. A vast majority of the time the risk outweighs the rewards when you're dealing with PuGs.

Guess I just get luckier with pugs? I rarely see anyone go up on the railings unless they know what they're doing, since if the pugs are dumb or inexperienced it won't even occur to them to avoid a pin, much less stand anywhere else but in the center.

I'm not sure what the mechanics are for who the Commander orders the others to attack, but when I heal this I front-load some heals and damage when the fight starts and more often than not they go to me. I end up controlling the fight until the Commander goes down (since the mobs don't really have time to chase more than 1 or 2 people provided Commander dies first).

So for me the whole group can be pugs but I frequently see the fight go with no pins on anyone but the tank. But I can understand the reticence to see people running around unless you're personally playing that smart healer or ranged DPS.

Best tactic for boss is to stick your rdps and healer up on the platforms on the side going up to the final conversation...stick em right up there on the rails and melt the big guy as he targets. It makes the fight incredibly easy and you can really kill any of them you want that way because the 2 adds end up running up to get their target. Using the rail tactic you can kill the commander and then finish off the big guy and medium guy or you can burn the big guy before he even gets close to anyone. If you are doing this with melee dps though no question kill the big guy first.

Don't do this, it creates a completely messy situation for the tank to deal with by having adds running up the ramps etc.

Hey guys,

Right to Left has worked for me every single time and every GF team I have gone in with has NEVER wiped.

done this a million times with any kill order with well geared players and under geared players

it's stupid easy, order doesnt matter

the turret fight always causes new players trouble especially if they are the one on the turret

"it keeps kicking me off" and "how do I fire" etc..

lol

done this a million times with any kill order with well geared players and under geared players

it's stupid easy, order doesnt matter

the turret fight always causes new players trouble especially if they are the one on the turret

"it keeps kicking me off" and "how do I fire" etc..

lol

The Tank should be on the Turret during the ambush. That's how I roll.

I try to kill the commander first because it breaks the mind shield and then the tank can taunt properly and now you have a classic tank and spank text-book situation which should be totally do-able. Some-one mentioned this as well but ill reiterate. RDPS should be on the 2nd floor right where you meet the pilot chick and then climb out on the light-post just slighting stick out of the wall. This give RDPS a great advantage they can not be attacked (except for the commander of course). If the RDPS grabs arrgo the 2 bosses will have to run all the way up the stairs to 2nd floor once they get close just jump off the ledge ( they wont jump off with you instead their *******es will run all the back down to the 1st floor).

That my take on the Kaon boss :D

Just make sure all know who is the first target. For a melee group the easier thing would be to kill boss first because he doesn´t run anywhere. If the adds run to the healer he just need to kite abit and end up at tankspot when boss is down.

Basic rule, if you get agro run toward the tank, not away from the tank. Ofc theese adds can be taunted untill boss is dead, but it´s just one of theese things you cant say too much.