Pot5: THE place for space

-KeggER-

Back in SWG JTL days, the place to find the best pilots was on the Starsider Galaxy. With the introduction of GSF into SWTOR, the question now is which server will you find the most skilled pilots. These are the people you want to get with to learn to fly effectively, and also where to find coordinated teams to dominate.

For pilots on all servers, who are serious and are all about GSF and twitch-based space combat, Pot5 is the server to be on. You won't find such a strong pilot community on any other server. Premades are unavoidable, so getting into a good one will help you tremendously and your best chance to find quality pilots to group with are on Prophecy of the Five.... both Imperial and Republic

Oh, if you que into a match against Imperial Death Squadron, take your licks, keep at it, and get better. Don't get all butt-hurt. Instead, gear your ship to your style of play, and come back at us...

See you in the que

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they used to say the same thing about Pot5 and ranked? And what happened to that? Please Pot5 is where communities go to die.

You say this.... And you probably have some basis for the statement...

I have seen at least three people make a toon for GSF action here... then transfer a toon because they like the server. I am in Black Squadron with Wux and Jiggo and Wuxtry on Empire. After flying with Both Black and Death Squads, I am impressed with the respect and communication between the two factions . These people act and behave like we want agood GSF community here.

Make a toon get destroyed and still love it. The desire for community is so nice youll see Lyte chase a gunship for the whole match and come in low on the charts. Why is this good? Because both pilots loved the match.

When both sides keep looking for each other there will always be matches. And a place the FTP and preferred crowd knows people will help and have a community based on respect.

Didn't they used to say the same thing about Pot5 and ranked? And what happened to that? Please Pot5 is where communities go to die.

Yep. They used to go around and post on every server and got people to leave their original servers and killed the ranked community on those servers only to have people go there find out it sucked and leave.

Sounds awesome, right?

Maybe for ground pvp, but twitch-based space combat >> ground pvp. If you enjoy piloting, then why not go where the largest "pilot community" is? Prophecy of the Five has it

I'd Agree with my homey Wux I am lyte wrath Leader of Black Squadron and shout out to all our death squadron for holding it down for the imps.

I came from harbringer server and I played in the pts admitted I had a op gs in pts and was rining in a amazing 88% hit acc average with around 70k in damage every match and thts a lot of why I love my pike some much now got burnt out on the gs. Honestly guys if you want to enjoy the good and the bad of the GSF then you should roll a alt or something with us we are allways glad to welcome new people from other servers no matter what side you play on .

I have played on some others my self as well and when gsf launched me and my homey Nix made black squadron here on pot because it was a standard pvp srver so we fig'ed good place for pvp andto focus and hone our guild as a stand alone GSF based guild. It has took some work but knowing what the ships do and component's and crew do and when to use your abilities and various stratigies . it takes a lot of work and you have to be willing to take the wins with the loses but at the end of the day you should have enjoyed your play experience.

Any time you guys that arnt on pot 5 want to check it out just roll a toon or a alt and come holler at us no matter what side it is your going tohave a good fight.

I'm sure kegger and shadfist and shock and all the guys would welcome new players as do we.We broad cast on twitch live streams when wehave our flights rolling and there is also some good vids on you tube you are welcome to check it out our guild forums are http://www.blacksquadron.forumotion.com and you can find everything there.I'm sure Death Squadron has something similar setup aswell.

just remember best can only bedefind by who you are playing aginst and the final score at the end of the day a win means everything not kill counts or damage or assist but the score board says it all

and putting all bs aside you have 2 GSF guilds to chose from if you are a serious gsf pilot

Black Squadron republic side and Death Squadron Imp side and the rest get well you can be the judge for yourself

Make a toon here and come say hi and make new friends its a love hate relation ship but it is a blast

Largest doesnt mean the best.

At this point in the game's life, when the guilds are 20, 30 people large, it counts for a lot, imo.

Disclaimer: Black Squadron has become a thing since I went on vacation and I have no idea how many people have joined Death Squadron, so I could be off, but the communities are still pretty small compared to e.g. the warzone communities.

You say this.... And you probably have some basis for the statement...

Make a toon get destroyed and still love it. The desire for community is so nice youll see Lyte chase a gunship for the whole match and come in low on the charts. Why is this good? Because both pilots loved the match.

This, I sucked wind for the first week and a half until i changed my mouse settings. Even still I kept plugging along because it was a great time. Also I wish you got some sort of credit for this, I can't tell you the number of times I've spent the whole match ducking and diving underneath an opposing satellite while being chased, dedicating 2 or 3 of the imps to controlling the cap, and get no credit for it. :mad:

I'm sorry but i have never met someone from Pot5 who wasn't stuck up and extremely elitist. I don't care how good your PvP is, your community is nothing but a cesspool.

You know not of what you speak. The pilot community on Pot5 is friendliest community I'm come across in this game. Many of us fly on both sides, and we're fairly open with info and tactics.

I've played with some toxic communities in this game (totally not looking at you Ebon Hawk), and I've found Pot5 to be the most helpful and most fun, being totally honest.

I had no idea we where elitest wow every pilot on pot 5 is elite and stuck up hmmm that don't sound right to me

Sure we have our fights in space imp vrs pub but asfar as I know and have seen that's its like not said

The as you say elitest play both sides here and try to help when they can as much as possible weather its knowledge

about the game or strats I have neven seen anything game go as good as gsf has on pot 5 with the team work and communication it is great heck even the pugs here do a lot better then on my old harb server and yes I was imp there

and now im pub here

You know not of what you speak. The pilot community on Pot5 is friendliest community I'm come across in this game. Many of us fly on both sides, and we're fairly open with info and tactics.

I've played with some toxic communities in this game (totally not looking at you Ebon Hawk), and I've found Pot5 to be the most helpful and most fun, being totally honest.

Well your community doesn't show it, both from the people i have met in-game (i used to play a toon on pot5 but have since retired it permenatly) and on the forums.

Your pilot community might be perfectly good but to me it is marred to much by the fact that most encouters I have had with pot5 people is along the lines of "I am from Pot5, We are legion, We are better than thou, You are a scrub for not playing on Pot5"

I'm sorry but you are never going to convince me, I have yet to have a positive interaction associated with that server and am more than happy with Jung Ma's smaller but close-knit server community.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Well your community doesn't show it, both from the people i have met in-game (i used to play a toon on pot5 but have since retired it permenatly) and on the forums.

Your pilot community might be perfectly good but to me it is marred to much by the fact that most encouters I have had with pot5 people is along the lines of "I am from Pot5, We are legion, We are better than thou, You are a scrub for not playing on Pot5"

I'm sorry but you are never going to convince me, I have yet to have a positive interaction associated with that server and am more than happy with Jung Ma's smaller but close-knit server community.

So you just sit here on forums crying about us for page after page?

Jesus, they must have really had you in tears.

For everyone else, we've got a great GSF community. Come join us.

So you just sit here on forums crying about us for page after page?

Jesus, they must have really had you in tears.

For everyone else, we've got a great GSF community. Come join us.

If transfers were free, i would. ToFN queues are insanely long, and the players are TERRIBLE.