Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

++ Who Designed Huttball? Please Hire Them To Create Another Warzone.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
++ Who Designed Huttball? Please Hire Them To Create Another Warzone.

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
01.03.2013 , 06:29 AM | #11
I love huttball and fully support more maps for it.

And I love people standing in their own endzone ^^
waiting for ...

Spoletta's Avatar


Spoletta
01.03.2013 , 06:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Huttball is always one sided. It's almost never an even match where both teams struggle for a cap. It's usually just a shutout 6-0 game where one side or the other just gets rolled.
4/5 of my huttballs end in really close games: 1-0 2-0 2-1 2-2 1-1 are all typical results. 1/5 end in a quick 6/0

Riivu's Avatar


Riivu
01.03.2013 , 06:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Huttball sux, I want the choice to untick this wz because i get it 80% throughout my PVP days.
U suck Huttball is the BEST WZ in the game!
Zenzey
< Harbinger >
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

vimm's Avatar


vimm
01.03.2013 , 06:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Whoever designed huttball, please break his legs and fire him. Whoever designed Alderaan, please make more. That is my favorite warzone and most of the people I have PVP'd with enjoy it as well. Huttball is, almost universally, despised, because more often than not you'll face a premade who are put together solely to dominate at Huttball and that will be the end of the story.

Now, if what you're talking about is just the map itself, not the idea of trying to get a PuG team to coordinate for a sport, then yeah, the map is cool and it would make for an awesome death match arena.

And huttball wouldn't be nearly so awful if it was its own separate queue - like a sports queue instead of just generic PVP - and there were multiple huttball maps you could randomly roll into.
You say Huttball is almost universally despised because you dislike it? It's the most popular warzone.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
01.03.2013 , 07:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricin View Post
Speak for yourself. Hutball is my favourite WZ. By a looooooong mile
this hutball is the best

some ppl still prefer alderaan to get defo medals for nothing or heal farmers thouh

Millem's Avatar


Millem
01.03.2013 , 07:13 AM | #16
The problem that most people complain about HB are those matches where a PUG faces a Pre-Made. IMO, it is an issue that can happen in every WZ map. Of course, in HB it puts the match to end up in about 4-5 min., which I think it is kinda better than get steamrolled for 10-15 in Civil War, for an example.
I think HB is funny because, even in a PUG, if everyone knows the advantages and the limitations of their own classes, you get a very well tasks division, better than in any other WZ, in which anyone has their own importance as carriers, scorts and defenders.
MILLEM
Pyro Mercenary

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
01.03.2013 , 07:15 AM | #17
I love Huttball for the 3 levels of terrain, the hazards, having something like the ball to throw and even just the solid objects. It is the one map that I felt I could do ok with a merc as I could push melee off into a lower level and LOS to avoid getting a leap and even use the root on punch to get away a bit rather than just delay the inevitable of when another class focuses on that class.

I was disappointed in the new map that you can't throw the orbs to a teammate similar to Huttball and that it yet again was basically a "control 2 points" game on a single plane of play.

Dampeer's Avatar


Dampeer
01.03.2013 , 07:25 AM | #18
Huttball is BY FAR the most well designed WZ, because its always non stop action has multiple levels of terrain not some boring flat surface *cough* Void star, civil war, novare, ancient hpyergate *cough* and especially for my PT fire trap pulls


NEEDS MOARE HUTTBALL!!!

Junkratz - Powertech
Necrolite - Sourcer
Faceless Void - Marauder

Millem's Avatar


Millem
01.03.2013 , 07:34 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I love Huttball for the 3 levels of terrain, the hazards, having something like the ball to throw and even just the solid objects. It is the one map that I felt I could do ok with a merc as I could push melee off into a lower level and LOS to avoid getting a leap and even use the root on punch to get away a bit rather than just delay the inevitable of when another class focuses on that class.

I was disappointed in the new map that you can't throw the orbs to a teammate similar to Huttball and that it yet again was basically a "control 2 points" game on a single plane of play.
Very well pointed! It will be nice to have those "3 levels of terrain and the hazards" in other maps, like control points or attack/defense styles. Think in a WZ at Rancor pit, with you have to jump from skiffs and a Sail Barge... a lot of levels and a deadly (and hungry!) trap... and maybe with some funny scream when someone falls in it....
MILLEM
Pyro Mercenary

Isislol's Avatar


Isislol
01.03.2013 , 07:38 AM | #20
People don't like Huttball because you actually need to be decent at this game to enjoy that map. All the below average players will just get pulled into fire or knocked back off the catwalks and finish the game with 4 medals.