Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 2.0 PTS Testing Requests

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Patch 2.0 PTS Testing Requests

CJNJ
03.25.2013 , 12:34 AM | #21
My question is if scoundrel/operatives DID get 8 man AOE heals then what would be the point of taking sages or commandos into raids? The only things sages beat scoundrels on live in is AOE, bubbles, and a large pool for "oh poo" moments. Scoundrels in turn get better burst and energy management(u still heal and u ain't killin urself), and tbh a better AOE for groups of 4(not significant in 16 mans, but common in 8s)

And I could be because I don't know the classes as well but on live I see no reason to take a commando over a scoundrel, except for if you really like those buffs from the nerfed supercharge cells.

I agree with the other posters tho, scoundrels and commandos should get smart healing

GalenMourne
03.25.2013 , 06:07 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
My question is if scoundrel/operatives DID get 8 man AOE heals then what would be the point of taking sages or commandos into raids? The only things sages beat scoundrels on live in is AOE, bubbles, and a large pool for "oh poo" moments. Scoundrels in turn get better burst and energy management(u still heal and u ain't killin urself), and tbh a better AOE for groups of 4(not significant in 16 mans, but common in 8s)

And I could be because I don't know the classes as well but on live I see no reason to take a commando over a scoundrel, except for if you really like those buffs from the nerfed supercharge cells.

I agree with the other posters tho, scoundrels and commandos should get smart healing
Bounty hunters now get a new 3 second hot off of their aoe. It hits everyone in range with no cap on number of players hit. It isn't a big heal but it is still useful, and everyone affected by the hot will get the damage reduction bubble from supercharged gas. Since BH aoe heal is a 6 second cooldown the hot will add up.

And they got a small heal off of their knock back rocket boost which hits everyone in range, cost 8 and has a 30 second cooldown. All in all BH aoe healing improved a lot. And bounty hunters are really good tank healers.

Besides adding in smart aoe heals(more so for operative with the Bh hot off of aoe), it might not hurt if BH had the ability to build supercharged gas stacks off more of its heals. Maybe 3 stacks off both the aoe and healing scan giving them more options depending on what heal is needed at the time.
"You know spies, a bunch of *****y little girls!"