Darth Malgus' "New Empire"

Kokurou

Why are we ONLY forced to go against Malgus? The dude makes some very valid points. I feel as though there should be a mechanic (at least on Ilum) where you should be able to side with Malgus, but then be marked as an enemy to EVERYONE, both Imperial and Republic. (Let's be real here, nobody actually goes to Ilum anymore)

On a Store/Lore side, sure it makes sense that Malgus SHOULD fail in his New Empire, but I feel as though he wouldn't ACTUALLY fail given a good portion of the Empire would desert and side with him anyway. And from there, friends/family of the New Empire would convince more to side and mold into the New Empire.

with my sw, I think I'm following in the footsteps of darth malgus and darth marr as said valkorion, I'm a mixture of both I want to protect the empire but I also know that the aliens are considerable allies, I guess it's because of the influence of vette, so that I see it as my sw was blind when it was the emperor's wrath and it only functioned as the empire's attack dog, crushing its enemies regardless of whether they were right or not, then with the events of kotfe I seek to reform the empire as it was the vision of darth malgus and protect it as it did darth marr

All that said, the progress of the sw character fits perfectly with the whole story and with everything that is said.

I am 100% convinced that the outlander is the wrath

Edited by ksareas

The most ironic thing about Malgus' coup is that Acina ends up doing the same thing a few years later, an empire in her own image, almost exactly the way Malgus did, and she used conflict as a distraction to put her plan into motion as well. You know what else is ironic? Acina's fate is just as uncertain as Malgus'

It almost seems like a curse to try recreate a "new empire" from the old one. :D

The most ironic thing about Malgus' coup is that Acina ends up doing the same thing a few years later, an empire in her own image, almost exactly the way Malgus did, and she used conflict as a distraction to put her plan into motion as well. You know what else is ironic? Acina's fate is just as uncertain as Malgus'

It almost seems like a curse to try recreate a "new empire" from the old one. :D

I believe that it is the precise moment for the wrath to take the empire and darth nox as its advisor, I do not believe that there exists in the empire any sith that dares to defy wrath or darth nox to fight in a duel for the throne

Currently there are no more powerful siths than them.

It would be interesting to be able to gather the stories of the other classes in 1 single

Edited by ksareas

I didn't think Acina would be involved in the story anymore because of her potential death, likewise with Jace Malcom?

that is one half of it if you don't support one over the other on Iokath, the other half does survive. Which mean Acina's fate is uncertain. because she could either be alive or dead.

Malgus was always assumed to be dead, but there is a lot of uncertainty if he really did end up dead after our confrontation. Bioware entertained the idea to bring him back a few years ago as a block of metal in the eternal throne room, but it was cut out.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this flashpoint drove me crazy. First time I played was with a Light Side Alien Sith Inquisitor who has made no secret throughout her entire class story that she wanted to do EXACTLY what Malgus is doing: reform the Empire from within, get rid of its anti-alien racism, remove its chronic political backstabbing,, etc. Malgus himself called her out on it, spelling out that as a former enslaved alien she has NO REASON to oppose his reform goals, and I just kept waiting for the dialogue option that says, "You're right. Let's do this."

I flat out can't play it anymore.

Edited by TwilekTrekker