Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on moving to the Semi-Finals next for the Winner's Bracket. Then we'll come back to the Runner-Up Bracket and have the finals followed by the Winner's Bracket Finals and then finally a bonus round between the victor of the Runner-Up Bracket and Winner's Bracket.

I'd just like to question the notion that the hyperspace routes into the Deep Core change daily, this seems conjecture to me as it renders the usefulness of secret lanes completely null. If the routes changed daily then Grievous would never have made it to Coruscant, Bane would never have made it to Tython and Leia would never have been interested in acquiring the secret routes from Pellaeon if they became useless the next day, information which by their very nature would not exist. I'd hazard a guess and say the hyperlanes were very much static.

I'd just like to question the notion that the hyperspace routes into the Deep Core change daily, this seems conjecture to me as it renders the usefulness of secret lanes completely null. If the routes changed daily then Grievous would never have made it to Coruscant, Bane would never have made it to Tython and Leia would never have been interested in acquiring the secret routes from Pellaeon if they became useless the next day, information which by their very nature would not exist. I'd hazard a guess and say the hyperlanes were very much static.

It's in The Essential Atlas. Want me to quote it? OK, here it is!

Travel within the Deep Core ranges from difficult to impossible. With the stars so close together, even a slight navigational miscalculation means a collision and death. Very few safe hyperspace routes are known, and those must constantly be remapped.

The Empire typically restricted hyperspace jumps in the Deep Core to a couple of systems at a time, requiring ships to check in with Imperial patrols and receive the near-daily astrogation updates required for safe navigation.

The only evidence of "static" routes is the following:

Palpatine had secretly dispatched thousands of probe droids into the Deep Core during the Clone Wars, with a handful finding workable routes. As Darth Sidious, Palpatine gave these routes to General Grievous, allowing Separatists to make a surprise strike on Coruscant in one of the last battles of the Clone Wars.

Those are the facts. There are some routes, but we can only guess as to where they all lead.

"Palpatine had secretly dispatched thousands of probe droids into the Deep Core during the Clone Wars, with a handful finding workable routes. As Darth Sidious, Palpatine gave these routes to General Grievous, allowing Separatists to make a surprise strike on Coruscant in one of the last battles of the Clone Wars"

These lanes along with more that palpatine likely found after wards all seem to be static and I believe these are the secret lanes of which are being spoken. So all in all the secret lanes that Pellaeon and Leia know are likely static.

The other lanes that must be mapped daily seem more likely to be the "known lanes" aka people knew about them but they were difficult to traverse.

Edited by tunewalker

I think I agree with Tune here, if there is some kind of static lane then these must be the one's Leia acquired, else there would be no point. Though Bane did acquire a route into the Deep Core but it was perilous an he needed the Force to navigate it, so perhaps the lanes don't change but just fluctuate a little.

Still Grievous was no Force sensitive.

Let me guess: next we're going to just guess as to where these secret routes lead?
Well evidence does suggest that one of the lanes leads directly to the back door of Krayt's throne room...

The Alliance could well pull out a win if they manage to drop some cruisers through that door.

Well evidence does suggest that one of the lanes leads directly to the back door of Krayt's throne room...

The Alliance could well pull out a win if they manage to drop some cruisers through that door.

And that evidence is what exactly?

We can make all kinds of speculation if we want to but ultimately it wouldn't matter the Twins could likely "Maw instillation" it from a more inside place even if the lanes didn't lead all the way there. I think the third scenario that I never really got around to did have something along those lines as a possible where I drop a couple cruisers on their front door while Wedge keep Pellaeon busy a strike team and a full ground assault team go to take down the shield generator while another strike team goes inside Krayt's thrown room with the idea of blowing it and krayt to kingdom come (remember many of the infiltrators didn't even bother escaping their own explosions as long as it ensure the destruction and death of their target). But like I said I never got around to it and I think it was in part because while its a possibility I found it relied to much on speculation and wasn't neccissariy possible or within the personalities of the characters.

Speaking of which I don't think Krayt or talon will open up with their force powers in a fight its much more like them to saber fight to start so I feel the Skywalker twins with the use of Force Meld will take the advantage there and then Krayt and Talon will push the 2 away in a hopes to get distance giving Ig-88 or any of the royal gaurds a potential backstabbing moment during any of it as Krayt has had that happen to him before. Also with the pushing away to set up a blast of force lightning from the 2 (the most likely move for them to make) is the perfect opportunity for Leia to possibly root herself in the force and make Talon and Krayt believe it worked and possibly mind trick Talon into electrocuting Krayt.

Here I was thinking this Kaggath was all but done with and all I keep seeing is people piling on more and more arguments, backed up by very very little evidence at all.

*sigh* I'm nearly due and yet apparently this argument is clearly not over, I may as well just say Tune wins at this point because there is no way I can start putting up arguments.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Here I was thinking this Kaggath was all but done with and all I keep seeing is people piling on more and more arguments, backed up by very very little evidence at all.

*sigh* I'm nearly due and yet apparently this argument is clearly not over, I may as well just say Tune wins at this point because there is no way I can start putting up arguments.

Its not about how many arguments you make but how credible they are, and right now I see no clear victor.

Its not about how many arguments you make but how credible they are, and right now I see no clear victor.

Well I would stop throwing up arguments once this thing is called and questions stop being asked. If you can not make a decision now then focus our debate beni so that you will be able to make a decision.

I would just like to take a moment to finally put the Orinda Campaign between Wedge and Gilad to rest. Tune believes that Gilad needed reinforcements to defeat Wedge, whereas I say that Pellaeon outmaneuvered Wedge. So let's see what a third party has to say:

Fittingly enough, the showdown came at Orinda: The Lusankya and the Reaper squared off, trading broadsides like seagoing battleships of old, while Antilles exhorted Bell to launch her fighters. But Bell waited-her E-Wings had suffered from malfunctions and were designed for pinpoint attacks, not sorties against a huge capital ship. When the Reaper's defenses had been reduced further, she promised, she would strike.

That was when Pellaeon sprang his trap: A sextet of Interdictors decanted in the system, and were followed by the Dominion, commanded by Admiral Teren Rogriss.

Emphasis mine.

I would just like to take a moment to finally put the Orinda Campaign between Wedge and Gilad to rest. Tune believes that Gilad needed reinforcements to defeat Wedge, whereas I say that Pellaeon outmaneuvered Wedge. So let's see what a third party has to say:

Emphasis mine.

ya then read what the trap was the trap was adding 6 more intradictors and another SSD to his team think that would work on any one trap or not, AkA he didn't "out maneuver" because he didn't beat him with what he had, he beat him with a little extra. "outmaneuvering" would be like Wedge vs Akbar when Akbar had the greater number and fire power of ships and Wedge (not adding any additional forces) was able to beat him by maneuvering his ships in such a way that caused Akbar's Maneuver to work against him. Your basing your argument upon authors choice of words rather then the events that happened.

Edited by tunewalker

ya then read what the trap was the trap was adding 6 more intradictors and another SSD to his team think that would work on any one trap or not, AkA he didn't "out maneuver" because he didn't beat him with what he had, he beat him with a little extra. "outmaneuvering" would be like Wedge vs Akbar when Akbar had the greater number and fire power of ships and Wedge (not adding any additional forces) was able to beat him by maneuvering his ships in such a way that caused Akbar's Maneuver to work against him. Your basing your argument upon authors choice of words rather then the events that happened.

So you still don't see my point? Think outside the box.

Also, my argument is based on information provided by a canon source. Pellaeon sprang a trap, thus outmaneuvering Wedge in a series of skirmishes. That's my point.

Edited by Aurbere