Republic Vs. Empire

JustDocBrown

If you're going to go right back to who killed who first, the Sith rulers are descended from Jedi hunted and exiled into the wilderness for splitting with the Order. That's the ultimate reason why the hatred started and why it's so strong, the whole thing is almost a civil war with the Empire and Republic caught in the middle.

All comes back to the Jedi.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, this is slightly spoilers from the planet Voss, but it answers your question:

The lines of good and evil are blurred. To put it simply, the Sith are actually the victims in this entire scenario and are striking back at their oppressors. Years ago, the Jedi persecuted a crusade against the Sith. They razed the temples of Korriban and Dromund Kaas, as well as bombing both planets.

The Jedi chased the fleeing Sith across the galaxy to Voss, where the 'good guys' corrupted half of the race there into the Voss. Corrupted part of the land into a land filled with darkness and evil. And set the inhabitants of the planet against one another in an endless civil war filled with blood...

-All to capture and kill people who disagreed with their religion-.

To put it simply, evil and good are based on perspective. This is true no matter what. In the Empire my character was hailed as a hero by the Imperials as well. I'm sure Jedi are hailed by the Republic as heroes.

But in that spoiler? Pretty much confirms who the real bad guys are.

So you're ignoring what the sith did to encourage the jedi to try to wipe them out?

That's like nazis saying "They came in and destroyed our city for no good reason! What arseholes :(:( We're the victims!"

So all throughout my RPG career I always, for the most part, tend to lean to the good side, or the good guys. So naturally, when i started swtor, I became a Jedi Knight. I got to level 22 and I was sad that I didn't start on a PVP server. So I decided to work on another character until they implemented a server change so i could move to PVP.

I decided to start a character on the republic side and I became a Sith Warrior. Now, my Sith Warrior is a level 12 and I have Light Side I. Even as a Sith I just CAN'T be bad. But really, my question is...

Is there any good in the Empire? Do they have good morals, do they fight for a good cause? Can someone convince me that the Empire is right? Because as I play as this Sith Warrior and am forced to fight the Republic, it hurts me. Because I like the good guys.

Thanks.

Play through a trooper on the origin world, that will kill any ideas you have about the Republic being inherently good.

I disagree. There are things that are just evil. Slaying children....evil. The Sith disregard all morals for a chance at power and that is in my definition evil. That is not to say that yes they can do good things however they also are not held back by any moral compass so they have the ability to do great evil.

Scenario:

These kids have newly discovered, incurable, and 50% fatal disease X.

Disease X is incredibly contagious.

If these kids get back to their families, milliuos of people will die.

It is consiodered likely that some of these kids will try and escape the confines of this facility.

Here is your rifle.

To be fair, the Empire originally attacked the Republic for no reason other than to conquer them and take over. The Republic knew perfectly well that If they didn't wipe out all the Sith that they would seek revenge in the future.

Actually the empire back then believed that The Republic was planning an invasion. Naga Sadow knew better, but therest were deceived.

So you're ignoring what the sith did to encourage the jedi to try to wipe them out?

That's like nazis saying "They came in and destroyed our city for no good reason! What arseholes :(:( We're the victims!"

Reading over it... it seems Sadow launched an assault on the Republic to conquer it when he was outnumbered. He lost and retreated, he was exiled from Sith space by Kressh and had no real allies left.

Reading some more... the Supreme Chancellor then ordered the complete destruction of Sith civilization. The Jedi destroyed artifacts, teachings, temples, etc. one Jedi in particularly stripped and severed the connection many Sith had to the Force.

I think you were off when you likened the Sith to the Nazis in this case.

• 1 year later...

On the matter of The Empire vs The Republic, The Empire wants to control the galaxy through force and oppresion while the Republic seek peace through freedom.

On the subject of Sith vs Jedi, The Sith simply want to embrace freedom in the force, but Freedom in the Force typically lead to the Dark Side. The Jedi, however, seek peace in the galaxy. But in Order to do that, they have to restrict the Jedi from most pleasantries, as it leads to the Dark Side.

Reading over it... it seems Sadow launched an assault on the Republic to conquer it when he was outnumbered. He lost and retreated, he was exiled from Sith space by Kressh and had no real allies left.

Reading some more... the Supreme Chancellor then ordered the complete destruction of Sith civilization. The Jedi destroyed artifacts, teachings, temples, etc. one Jedi in particularly stripped and severed the connection many Sith had to the Force.

I think you were off when you likened the Sith to the Nazis in this case.

George Lucas used the Nazis as a model for the Empire in his writing :)

George Lucas used the Nazis as a model for the Empire in his writing :)

he used popular, disfigured and based on propaganda model of Third Reich, not much connection with reality.

Empire illuminates with infinite wisdom of the Sith while republic rots from the inside thanks to scourge known as democracy and jedi actvities

Jedi would show compassion, Sith would obey the law.

I disagree. My undestanding:

A Jedi would show compassion within the boundaries of the law.

A Sith would do whatever he/she wants.

Also, Sith is not the same as "Empire" as well as Jedi is not the same as "Republic."

I disagree. My undestanding:

A Jedi would show compassion within the boundaries of the law.

A Sith would do whatever he/she wants.

Also, Sith is not the same as "Empire" as well as Jedi is not the same as "Republic."

Jedi scum show compassion beyond ramifications of law, they are binded by jedi code and if something that republic enforces is against their moral stupidity then they gonna refuse action

Sith, obey the law, only the most powerful and important can get away with crimes and regular ones wouldnt dare to do anything that would end their miserable lives

Jedi scum show compassion beyond ramifications of law, they are binded by jedi code and if something that republic enforces is against their moral stupidity then they gonna refuse action

Sith, obey the law, only the most powerful and important can get away with crimes and regular ones wouldnt dare to do anything that would end their miserable lives

Hasn't been my impression of the Sith so far. More like they say it's the law, then act in their own way, believing they can get away with it due to massive egos.

Hasn't been my impression of the Sith so far. More like they say it's the law, then act in their own way, believing they can get away with it due to massive egos.

when and where? from my playthros I can say that in fact there was one such accident. Siths generally dont wander cities seeking for victims, they dont even abuse that much power, and comparing to regular soldiers who kill theyr subordinates for failures I would say that they are rather balanced. Of course that they kill each other from time to time to get a better title or just to get ride of those they dislike but that is purely Sith Code, official relligion of the Sith Empire.

he used popular, disfigured and based on propaganda model of Third Reich, not much connection with reality.

Empire illuminates with infinite wisdom of the Sith while republic rots from the inside thanks to scourge known as democracy and jedi actvities

Lol

Infinite wisdom of the Sith?

Lol

The Sith would and have killed for fun and are not above killing subordinates or their higher ups for more power. If anything the Sith rot the Empire away. The non force users seem to hate and/or fear the Sith because of all the power they have.

I must note that my troll senses are tingling.

Lol

Infinite wisdom of the Sith?

Lol

The Sith would and have killed for fun and are not above killing subordinates or their higher ups for more power. If anything the Sith rot the Empire away. The non force users seem to hate and/or fear the Sith because of all the power they have.

I must note that my troll senses are tingling.

of course, Sith with their sorcery and alchemy are much more superior over jedi scum

Didnt see such things in SWTOR, but yes, accidents happen. "above", well semantics, they are not below to hesitate on killing them if they want power then they kill them, but regular soldiers do it more often. The non force users seem to love Empire and the Sith, of course that there are exceptions, those who lost their mind and those who revoked their right to existence, in both cases meaningless flesh material that can be fed to beasts in slave pens. Law of the Empire is much more realistic in its fundaments.

also, a mere jedi is much more responsible for death and mayhem than most of the Sith you probably have ever seen. by their inaction, their indolence they capture enemies alive, enemies break loose and kill much more. How many lives could be saved if a Jedi gut a noble Sith, many? many more ?

of course, Sith with their sorcery and alchemy are much more superior over jedi scum

Didnt see such things in SWTOR, but yes, accidents happen. "above", well semantics, they are not below to hesitate on killing them if they want power then they kill them, but regular soldiers do it more often. The non force users seem to love Empire and the Sith, of course that there are exceptions, those who lost their mind and those who revoked their right to existence, in both cases meaningless flesh material that can be fed to beasts in slave pens. Law of the Empire is much more realistic in its fundaments.

also, a mere jedi is much more responsible for death and mayhem than most of the Sith you probably have ever seen. by their inaction, their indolence they capture enemies alive, enemies break loose and kill much more. How many lives could be saved if a Jedi gut a noble Sith, many? many more ?

Many more lives may be saved, but then people would be calling them judge, jury and executioners and basically monsters for doing it and then they'd just be persecuted by the masses.

It's like with Batman. Sure he could kill the Joker. And everyone might wonder why he doesn't. But the minute he did, he'd get looked at as evil by all of them "OMG! I can't believe he did that." Not to mention, just because the Jedi takes the Sith in alive, doesn't mean someone else couldn't have kill the Sith mid transport "Oooops! He tried to escape!"

The Empire is a failed society due to how they act. You're still alive after this big mess?! *Kills all survivors*

The fear of that happening doesn't make better soldiers, it makes for more terrified and more likely to defect soldiers. And it makes for a smaller army period. Republic should be winning on numbers alone by that point, especially considering the Republic can go "Oh hey look! Freedom! Join our side aliens!"

Though, for a story that's suppossed to be basically about good vs evil, I think TOR went a long ways to try to make the Empire feel less evil than the Republic.

Many more lives may be saved, but then people would be calling them judge, jury and executioners and basically monsters for doing it and then they'd just be persecuted by the masses.

It's like with Batman. Sure he could kill the Joker. And everyone might wonder why he doesn't. But the minute he did, he'd get looked at as evil by all of them "OMG! I can't believe he did that." Not to mention, just because the Jedi takes the Sith in alive, doesn't mean someone else couldn't have kill the Sith mid transport "Oooops! He tried to escape!"

The Empire is a failed society due to how they act. You're still alive after this big mess?! *Kills all survivors*

The fear of that happening doesn't make better soldiers, it makes for more terrified and more likely to defect soldiers. And it makes for a smaller army period. Republic should be winning on numbers alone by that point, especially considering the Republic can go "Oh hey look! Freedom! Join our side aliens!"

Though, for a story that's suppossed to be basically about good vs evil, I think TOR went a long ways to try to make the Empire feel less evil than the Republic.

they would become Dredd, and that is fine, monster is over emotionally attached word that mostly describe people who are above petty weaknesses of common folk. Also nobody would ever go after Jedi who killed a Sith, and why would they. well yes, Batman is another example of how terrible storytelling can be and how innocent people are sentenced to die because of one mans sick self moral restrictions.

Empire society is fairly happy and I doubt that they would like to defect, soldiers of the Empire are loyal and every day of the Empire is simply normal, people live their lives. Maybe, simply, Imperials are over all much more intelligent and dont want to participate in pathetic democracy and republic failures and corruption.

Killing survivors may serve well Empire, dependsing on what they have seen or how they have performed. Imperial officers and soldiers dont tolerate failures.

Edited by Surinen

Stop feeding the very obvious troll.

I've seen how both sides are and seen how their societies are.The empire seeks to bring order and stability to the galaxy but they rely on brute force and deception and demand that everyone bow down to their rule.The Republic also seeks order and stability but also encourages freedom and diversity among themselves.Each side truly wants to make the galaxy better but they go about it the wrong way and in turn have brought great strife upon the galaxy.I prefer the republic due to my preferences of a democracy and my preferences for the idea of diversity,but I understand and sometimes sympathize for the empire.But I do not enjoy nor tolerate their acts and their tactics,but I should expect nothing less from a society where Sith are supreme and everyone else is subservient Edited by Lavariusstar

Stop feeding the very obvious troll.

wrong

I've seen how both sides are and seen how their societies are.The empire seeks to bring order and stability to the galaxy but they rely on brute force and deception and demand that everyone bow down to their rule.The Republic also seeks order and stability but also encourages freedom and diversity among themselves.Each side truly wants to make the galaxy better but they go about it the wrong way and in turn have brought great strife upon the galaxy.I prefer the republic due to my preferences of a democracy and my preferences for the idea of diversity,but I understand and sometimes sympathize for the empire.But I do not enjoy nor tolerate their acts and their tactics,but I should expect nothing less from a society where Sith are supreme and everyone else is subservient

Empire is freedom, freedom from corruption of democracy, freedom from delusional rule of simpletons known as mob and regular citizens whos intelligence is only dozen points above monkeys. Empire offers grand advancement of civilisation, throu conflict and expansion - the most effective way. Empire illuminates its citizens with a master morality, from a mere citizen, thro soldier to the Sith Lords. They are united in one cause; supremacy of the Empire, yet they remain free to live their lives however they want. Empire is a freedom itself

I've seen how both sides are and seen how their societies are.The empire seeks to bring order and stability to the galaxy but they rely on brute force and deception and demand that everyone bow down to their rule.The Republic also seeks order and stability but also encourages freedom and diversity among themselves.Each side truly wants to make the galaxy better but they go about it the wrong way and in turn have brought great strife upon the galaxy.I prefer the republic due to my preferences of a democracy and my preferences for the idea of diversity,but I understand and sometimes sympathize for the empire.But I do not enjoy nor tolerate their acts and their tactics,but I should expect nothing less from a society where Sith are supreme and everyone else is subservient

I don't think the Empire wishes to bring order and stability to the galaxy. At least not the upper tier rankings of it, and as the Empire will kill their own command structures for failures, some will kill just because they were looked at wrong or because you're not Human/Sith. And even those who may think something is wrong within the Empire, tend to change their tune when they're given power.

Republic however has their own problems and just because the Republic as a whole is generally good, doesn't mean they all are.

To sum it up:

The Empire = Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Republic = With great power comes great responsibility.

the empire DO wish to bring order and stability. but there's a certin conceit to their belvie in ut. they belvie if everyone just shut up, listened to them and did as they where told. things would be great.

the Sith empire is on a whole, Lawful evil, to use a D&D alignment. (although many of those running the show are chaotic evil. which is an intresting dichotomy in and of itself)

I don't think the Empire wishes to bring order and stability to the galaxy. At least not the upper tier rankings of it, and as the Empire will kill their own command structures for failures, some will kill just because they were looked at wrong or because you're not Human/Sith. And even those who may think something is wrong within the Empire, tend to change their tune when they're given power.

Republic however has their own problems and just because the Republic as a whole is generally good, doesn't mean they all are.

To sum it up:

The Empire = Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Republic = With great power comes great responsibility.

Empire itself is a stability and order, so whenever it grip reaches, subjects become part of order. Killing for failures is essential to get rid of weak and useless material that may cause even bigger havoc if spared. Sith does not kill for the wrong look, unless it is in public, and someone openly disrespect them, manifestation of power is required. Those who think that something is wrong are usually less intelligent people with weak characters that want to be equal with others just for the sake of it, typical and dangerous.

Absolute power rarely leads to corruption, but such statements are well known for people who try to remain within heart of corruption in democratic states of Republic. It is ill propaganda manufactured to liking of simple folk who feel entitled to rule their countries whenether they cant count to 10 or are simply idiots ( rarely individual agrees to his intelectual limitations ).

Republic is based on corruption, semi mob rule where senate live on bribes. Republic is negation of advancement for the sake of unnatural ideals.

only the most intelligent, powerful and with proper personality people deserve to rule ( about 1% of whole population ) - and that is The Sith Empire, place where everybody seeks challenge, advancement and further development.

The Sith Empire, place that you want to die for ( and most probably you will )

Edited by Surinen