First. and woo!

Skodan

You know I was wondering if they were going to start featuring more fansites and pocasts in their community round up or something like that.

But why is this fansite forum so sad and at the bottom of everything? It should be in the middle of the page and bigger so everyone can see "there's a new episode of Mos Eisley Radio" or "There's a new episode of Darth Hater". I don't listen to Darth Hater, but you get the idea.

Fansite related stuff should be featured on the community news, because fansites are a big chunk of the community, there should be like a feed, where you can see when they put up new content, etc.

Edited by ChazDoit

But why is this fansite forum so sad and at the bottom of everything? It should be in the middle of the page.

This forum has always been here for those of us who write for Fansites/Press, although up to today its been private and hidden from the masses (actually, I see the old one still is, now we have two :D).

Regardless of where it's located this has the potential to be a very busy forum with a wealth of collected links to Fansite content and feedback. :)

Edited by Dracokyaku

This forum has always been here for those of us who write for Fansites/Press, although up to today its been private and hidden from the masses (actually, I see the old one still is, now we have two :D).

Regardless of where it's located this has the potential to be a very busy forum with a wealth of collected links to Fansite content and feedback. :)

It needs more Visibility if you ask me, It doesnt really matter if it has been here before the creation of the space time continium.

• Dev Post
First! im excited to see what will come and what others will post.

Darn! I knew I should have put “FIRST!” in my sticky. :rak_03:

You know I was wondering if they were going to start featuring more fansites and pocasts in their community round up or something like that.

You hit the nail on the head. It is definitely our goal to help draw more attention to some of the great content that our fan sites produce. This new forum is just one of the steps in that direction.

"A sticky thread with links to every fansite would be useful".

Great suggestion! This is definitely something I can work on putting together immediately. However, do keep in mind that we’re only able to showcase official fan sites. What does that mean? Well, we have a Fan Site agreement that all official fan sites must adhere to in order to claim official Fan Site status. If you’re interested in becoming an official fan site, head on over to your “My Account” page. From there, click “Fan Site Kit” on the left of your screen and you will then be able to scroll down and see the agreement. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions!

I think it's a fantastic idea. Torwars mentioned the fact that maybe Bioware and EA should start utilizing the fan sites more because you can really get a good idea of the heartbeat of your game based on the fan sites out there. I think it's absolutely true. A fan site by nature is the biggest indicator of the state of a game because a fan site is completely dependent on a fan's desire to keep it going. If a game is doing poorly or interest is waning, fan sites will go away. If a game is popular, (at least an MMO) fan sites will flourish and you'll have lots of information flowing. The other thing is, people who run fan sites do a lot more digging and analyzing and predicting than magazines do. They're the ones seeking out interviews from lead designers and story editors and all those obscure positions that PC gamer doesn't have time for. Everything I think I know about SWTOR I learn from fan sites and I love that fact that Bioware is starting to embrace them.