Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The End of History?

Lendul
02.11.2015 , 01:59 PM | #11
I think a good faith gesture from the developers at this point would be to fix the outstanding bugs and correct the erroneous tool tips. At the very least things should do what they say they do and be what they say they are.

Verain
02.11.2015 , 02:21 PM | #12
I changed off of sab probe and then back for a blackbolt, and sure enough the enemy ships were wiggling and turning when hit. So THAT bug is still there....

But yes, fixing the bugs would be huge. Sab probe tier 5 snare breaks sab probe, 3rd seeker mine not deployable if talented (broken from 3.0, one of the last standing of that bugpatch), ion railgun t5 has text from summer (55% snare 12 sec, 65% regen reduc 6 sec) and functionality from spring (40% snare 6 sec, 100% regen stop 6 sec), ion missile ninjanerfed (may not be bug), EMP field has tooltip from summer and functionality from spring (claims much larger radius than it is, one of those is a bug), plasma railgun and other dots often break when trying to state the time that the damage is dealt over "6 seconds" became " <<1 seconds" and no longer prints, nor does the rest of the text), maybe some others.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Verain
02.11.2015 , 02:22 PM | #13
In fairness, repair drone's 3.0 breakage DID get fixed with the last minipatch, a very strong repair for us.

DakhathKilrathi
02.11.2015 , 03:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
In fairness, repair drone's 3.0 breakage DID get fixed with the last minipatch, a very strong repair for us.
I'm not convinced they fixed that one on purpose. There wasn't a patch note.

Verain
02.11.2015 , 06:14 PM | #15
I don't buy that they accidentally fixed a bug :P

Gerfaut
02.11.2015 , 07:37 PM | #16
Another bug from 3.0 that hasn't been fixed yet is that the alacrity stat from the ground game still has an effect on GSF tooltips. It is particularly obvious if you have a bounty hunter or commando: the cooldowns displayed on the GSF components tab change when you switch stances (high-velocity gas cylinder/armor-piercing cell increases alacrity by 3% and reduces displayed cooldowns accordingly). Alacrity from gear has a similar effect. This appears to be just a display bug but it is confusing.

Danalon
02.12.2015 , 01:42 PM | #17
Haste from gear affects the cooldown in the tooltip of the copilot ability. Didn't test yet if it also affects the cooldown.

Verain
02.12.2015 , 02:27 PM | #18
If haste effects any functions in game it would be big news. Thus far that has never happened. It did begin effecting tooltips out of game.

When you are in game, I'm fairly certain "you" are replaced with the ship. The XML actually specifies that all the moves are effected by haste and other stats to the engine, so the fact that this has never happens presumably means that "your gear" is replaced by a set that is related exactly to your ship choice and nothing you are wearing in the ground game. Just a guess as to the internals based on which bugs we have and have not seen yet :P