Fix the damn Esseles bug!!!

Just don't force leap there until they fix it. What is it, like 4 normals and 1 strong? Force leap is not needed.

If there's any indication that someone in my group is not a pro, I mention it in chat as well.

That said, it would be nice if this bug were fixed as it has been in the game since launch, basically, no?

This happened to my brother the other day. Thing is, he is a Vanguard and doesn't have any kind of leap or charge attack yet. We really have no idea how it happened.

The boss can knock you down. If you are on the grill when that happens, there's a chance that you'll end up falling through and being stuck below. The best solution now is to pull the boss back to solid ground. Just move back when you engage him and fight him where you don't have a second layer below for your character to bug out to.

• 2 months later...
That doesn't sound like a bug to me....

Then there are some pretty ignorant devs writing some pretty ignorant code for this level.

Just happened to me last night (I was unaware). Teammate had wiped up the mob, so /stuck did nothing. Ended up quitting and going to bed. Will try again some time today I guess, WITHOUT the force leap!

• 1 month later...
It doesn't have anything to do with the boss, so you solved nothing.

it has EVERYTHING to do with the boss knockback you moron. It only drops you through the floor when he knocks you down. Even on characters with no jump or leap abilities this happens and it only happens when he knocks you down. idiot.

I played beta of SWTOR and didn't play the full game until just now as all the bugs put me off, but i figured that after over a year the *********** bugs would perhaps have been smoothed out. I've had this bug happen FIVE *********** TIMES in a row now in esseles and neither /stuck nor exit area did anything at all meaning i was removed from the group or had to leave myself so the group could continue. What. A. ***********. Joke.

No wonder this game has had to go F2P. It's a glitchy, unpolished, clunky-combat style, pile of crap. I tried to play this game with several characters as i was looking for a good story driven RPG to get into, but **** this, it's just causing me too much frustration and anger which is NOT what i want from a game, so i will not be playing any more of it. at all.

**** you Bioware, all these years of making glitchy games and you still do it? ****.

it has EVERYTHING to do with the boss knockback you moron. It only drops you through the floor when he knocks you down. Even on characters with no jump or leap abilities this happens and it only happens when he knocks you down. idiot.

I played beta of SWTOR and didn't play the full game until just now as all the bugs put me off, but i figured that after over a year the *********** bugs would perhaps have been smoothed out. I've had this bug happen FIVE *********** TIMES in a row now in esseles and neither /stuck nor exit area did anything at all meaning i was removed from the group or had to leave myself so the group could continue. What. A. ***********. Joke.

No wonder this game has had to go F2P. It's a glitchy, unpolished, clunky-combat style, pile of crap. I tried to play this game with several characters as i was looking for a good story driven RPG to get into, but **** this, it's just causing me too much frustration and anger which is NOT what i want from a game, so i will not be playing any more of it. at all.

**** you Bioware, all these years of making glitchy games and you still do it? ****.

The bug you are mentioning I think is fixed a long time ago isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

But let's say it hasn't been fixed, even so if there is a situation where you are glitched / bugged due to an environment, you don't change boss mechanics to fit that environment, you fix the environment itself, lest in the other choice the boss becomes too ridiculously easy than already being quite easy to execute. And what is with all the pathetic hate with necromancy, geez.

The bug you are mentioning I think is fixed a long time ago isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, not fixed yet and I would have figured it would have been fixed by now seeing that its only been a year since the bug has been known. But regardless of that, if the OP knows the bug is there and knows what will happen if he force leaps into that situation... don't do it. No I am not saying that it shouldn't be this way but it is what it is. Adapt, overcome, improvise.

• 1 month later...

When I go with friends that are playing a sentinel or guardian, I always knock the mobs back so if they leap they go into the pit. :D

Then again, I'm always trolling them with my sage's "rescue" ability. Heh, rescue, couldn't be further away from the truth; well at least when it comes to me. :rolleyes:

But yeah that bug has been around since beta. It needs to be fixed.

So in the room with the tractor beam controls if you force leap over the pit there's a chance you can fall down into the pit. VERY ANNOYING!

It actually has nothing to do with the Force Leap. there is a glitch on BOTH sides of the platform where you can fall straight underneath the platform. Force Leap doesn't help, but a Guardian isnt the only one who can fall into this "hole".

Don't fight on the ramp...

No problems = win

THIS!!!

I have started reminding my groups of the issue every time we approach that area. So long as you do not fight on the ramp you are fine. but then you have the MORON who chooses to ignore my VERY clear warning, sets up on the ramp and instantly falls through.

I have never encountered the fall through when I get knocked back/down by the boss and I play a guardian tank. There was one time though that I got knocked through the console in the center of the platform and could no longer "see" the boss to hit it with anything. But i attributed that to my own stupidity and have avoided being backed up against that console ever since.

This is about common sense. Workarounds are part of computing. In this case, there is a perfectly acceptable and easily doable workaround, so the "bug" is de-prioritized. If you cannot accept that....too bad..