Changing Product key,but keep EA account...

SimplyCooL

I know this was discussed heavenly back when pre-order started, but can you redeem any valid product key, when the game launches on 20th. Or does it have to be tied to your pre-order code...

You see the standard version i had ordered and registered first, was delayed considerably, 8-12 days post launch. But i also ordered a CE, just in case. Can i redeem THAT product key instead and still keep this account and characters/Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm sure there are a few others,in this situation also.

Before they wiped the threads I read several posts of people getting a pre order code saying they ordered the standard edition when in fact they ordered the CE or the other way around. Most answers were that the pre order code was different and should not make a difference once you enter your game purchase code. However these were answers from other players not an official.

Before they wiped the threads I read several posts of people getting a pre order code saying they ordered the standard edition when in fact they ordered the CE or the other way around. Most answers were that the pre order code was different and should not make a difference once you enter your game purchase code. However these were answers from other players not an official.

Thats why, im asking. There were plenty of discussions, never anything solid. Im guessing i should contact CS. First time for everything. :p

Actually a yellow name said it's your retail key that is important as all the preorder keys did was give the color crystal and early access. It came up because some CE people were able to test the CE store and people complained because they got CE's but their preorder code was standard.

So a yellow name came in and said on release their CE items were attached to the key they will get inside the box. They just didn't get beta access to test it. And even then they didn't give access to every CE preorder just a select few to test the store.

OK I copied this from the FAQ on preorder page. http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209656 I know it isn't clearly stated, but it looks to me that the pre order code and game code are different and shouldn't make a difference. But I would send a quick note to customer service if you are not comfy with this. :)

After Early Game Access ends, will I get to continue to play my character?

Yes. All characters created during Early Game Access will continue to be available in the live Game. There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the Game at launch without completing the following required steps for launch:

1. Fill out your contact information

2. Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account

3. Redeem a Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)

4.Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code

You will have the option of completing these steps during the Early Game Access period so that you are ready to play upon the Game’s official launch.

Log in to swtor.com and visit My Account to get started on these required steps for launch!

Actually a yellow name said it's your retail key that is important as all the preorder keys did was give the color crystal and early access. It came up because some CE people were able to test the CE store and people complained because they got CE's but their preorder code was standard.

So a yellow name came in and said on release their CE items were attached to the key they will get inside the box. They just didn't get beta access to test it. And even then they didn't give access to every CE preorder just a select few to test the store.

OK, i think i knew that. Im asking can you keep you EA characters and progress. What are they tied to?

Should be the SWTOR account right. Cant you redeem a different version product key? And how important is the Preoder coder registered?

By your post id say not very important. . .

OK I copied this from the FAQ on preorder page. http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209656 I know it isn't clearly stated, but it looks to me that the pre order code and game code are different and shouldn't make a difference. But I would send a quick note to customer service if you are not comfy with this. :)

After Early Game Access ends, will I get to continue to play my character?

Yes. All characters created during Early Game Access will continue to be available in the live Game. There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the Game at launch without completing the following required steps for launch:

1. Fill out your contact information

2. Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account

3. Redeem a Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)

4.Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code

You will have the option of completing these steps during the Early Game Access period so that you are ready to play upon the Game’s official launch.

Log in to swtor.com and visit My Account to get started on these required steps for launch!

Doesn't directly say how Preoreder and Registation Code interact...

Id guess, its the product key that matters. . ., but its a guess. . .

Edit... Oh thank you kindly...

Edited by SimplyCooL

OK, i think i knew that. Im asking can you keep you EA characters and progress. What are they tied to?

Should be the SWTOR account right. Cant you redeem a different version product key? And how important is the Preoder coder registered?

By your post id say not very important. . .

They are tied to your account.

So if you originally planned on the Standard and put in the preorder code back in say July. But today you find out your mother-in-law is extra cool and buying you the CE. All you would need to do is put the CE code in your account. Now if you still get the Standard, give it to your wife so she can play too just not with all the shinies. :D

The above is probably not going to happen because nobody's mother-in-law is that cool. ;) lol

They are tied to your account.

So if you originally planned on the Standard and put in the preorder code back in say July. But today you find out your mother-in-law is extra cool and buying you the CE. All you would need to do is put the CE code in your account. Now if you still get the Standard, give it to your wife so she can play too just not with all the shinies. :D

The above is probably not going to happen because nobody's mother-in-law is that cool. ;) lol

ACES!!

Thanks for the laugh...

Edited by SimplyCooL