HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

I want to get the communities thoughts on this here in the General Discussion section of the forums.

Currently one of the requirements for the HK-51 is to go into a PVP Zone. A Free-For-All PVP Zone at that. The Outlaw's Den. The requirement is that you go there to a vendor and purchase one or two items needed for the HK-51 quest. The vendor is the Collector Kezzit. In doing so you are putting yourself in a Free-For-All PVP situation.

My thoughts on this are as follows:

First I am all for the HK-51 being hard to get.

But...

I personally do not like this PVP Requirement. I think they should move the Collector Kezzit to a different location. One that is not a PVP Zone. Maybe the Dune Sea. It seems relatively empty in many areas and is not to far away. My reasoning for suggesting this is that for the players that do not like PVP. If they want the HK-51 they will have to subject themselves to a PVP Situation. What BioWare is doing here is Forcing the players to choose between putting themselves in a PVP Situation or not getting the HK-51. In my opinion that sort of Alienates the Non-PVP Player Base and is wrong. Many players have been wanting and waiting for the HK-51. Many of which are Non-PVP players.

My question to (BioWare) is why should the players have to put themselves in a PVP Situation in order to get this Companion?

Another issue I see is that it sets up a situation for possible Griefing which is pretty self explanatory base on the situation that is set up. I can just see this being a problem from time to time. The possibility will always be there if they leave this setup this way for when the HK-51 quest goes live.

For a PVP Server it does not really matter where the Collector Kezzit vendor is located as you are always Flagged PVP. Unless you just do not like Free-For-All PVP. :rolleyes: So this issue is mainly for Non-PVP servers.

Anyways...

I am curious to see how many players like this PVP Requirement for the HK-51 or were even aware of it?

I have suggested that the Collector Kezzit be moved in the PTS Section but I wanted to get the thoughts of the community here in the General Discussion section as it is used by a lot more people for whom I would like to see there thoughts on the subject. I know there will be those that like the PVP Requirement and those that do not. I respect and welcome all thoughts and opinions on the subject. It is why I am bringing it up. I am just curious as to what these thoughts and opinions are and how many people are for or against the PVP Requirement.

One last thing for those that are wondering. I do not mind PVP. PVP is a needed feature in MMO's and I have even PVP'ed myself from time to time. I just have an opinion that this one Companion (or any future companion for that matter) should not require a player to put themselves in a PVP Situation in order to obtain it or them. I think they should leaves such requirements to other items. Mainly ones that deal with PVP.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible. This happened before on PVP servers when you did the Rakghoul Event in the dunesea. Now your making it so non pvpers can get trolled. Edited by Darth-Malice

So you don't mind world PVP, but you're making this thread on behalf of the people who hate it so much they don't want to set foot in one area for a brief amount of time, for a one-time quest?

How could anyone really be that much averse to something?

(I'm guessing this is a way of plugging the outlaw's den to the people who either ignored it or didn't know it existed. I think it's pretty clear that they expected everyone to be using it at launch. The whole HK thing seems like an attempt to make people more well-rounded players.)

Edited by Stenrik

Its not like your in there for long really... there are 3 venders and 2 of them are so easy to get too. you can walk in and walk out before anyone see's you.. and believe me, no one really goes into outlaws den these days...

You mean I have the risk of dying from another player in a video game? :eek: I better not do this quest, let me go back to afking on the fleet waiting for my group finder queue. :D

Honestly, it's for one item that will take you at max 10 minutes to get if you get camped (which I REALLY doubt it will even take that if you are getting camped). Just do it and never worry about having to die again on your PvE server.

Edited by spectreclees

(I'm guessing this is a way of plugging the outlaw's den to the people who either ignored it or didn't know it existed. I think it's pretty clear that they expected everyone to be using it at launch. The whole HK thing seems like an attempt to make people more well-rounded players.)

They killed the den a long time ago and even after adding a quick travel ability to it in 1.2, they still gave no incentive to go there which totally sucks.

The pvp aspect to this quest is :D:D:D:D biggrins!

Its not that big a deal. Most PVE servers will probably ignore each other for the most part. Kind of like original Illum when noone pvped they just traded killing the vehicles. If its too tough for you then log in during off peak hours and take 10 minutes to go get it. Edited by Soluss

I won't be doing quest if it goes live as is.

Exactly. Never had the desire to be other ... erm ... people's "content" and if that means no HK for me ...

*grrr* where are these greedy suits when you need them? Put this freaking droid in the cartel shop!! I'd pay the equivalent of two months subscription to get this companion if i can avoid the l33t-groupers and pvp- ...erm ... -people!

C'mon OP have some flavor in your gaming life, after all you are going to get most deadliest assassin in the galaxy and one of requirements is to get assassinated first lawl :rak_01:
That is actually an interesting thought. Assassination as requirement. It has a nice ring to it. :o

I do have flavor in my gaming life though. Remember my last paragraph says that I do PVP from time to time. ;)

I just want to reiterate to everyone. My opinion on this is just based around having PVP as part of the Requirement for obtaining Companions. Even if it is just a possibility of a PVP Situation as a Requirement. Removing that one thing makes it a lot more appealing to more types of players. I just think it would be better all around to remove that one requirement. It just seems to me like a bad move to have it in a PVP Zone for something that is so widely wanted.

I can understand them wanting to make the Outlaw's Den more desirable, but they can do that in other ways other than using a Companion, something that is mostly used in PVE to begin with. For instance, they could just use really good gear that is for PVP as a better incentive for players to visit the Outlaw's Den. It does not even have to be just PVP gear. Any really good Gear would be better Incentive than a Companion. Heck they could have the more Top end Droid Parts drop as loot there. Say some Droid parts that are only for the HK-51. That would be better incentive than having the actual Requirements for Companions being there.

I do not want people to get the wrong impression of me. It is not that I do not like PVP, as I do like PVP. I am also not scared of PVP or getting killed by other players. After all I have PVP'ed from time to time. In fact I was in the Outlaw's Den the other day. I went through there to get that Datacron. It just seems like a bad idea to me to have something that is widely wanted by all types of Players, PVP and NON-PVP alike, have a requirement that makes one type of player be placed in a situation for something they do not really like to do. in this case PVP.

It is just how I feel. :rolleyes:

It is good to see all of you post your views on this though. Even if we all do not agree. It makes for a better community and game if we all express our opinions freely. I hope to see more opinions on this. :)

looking forward to me and my mate ganking people for a few days while they patch this out over all the crying.

Level ones won't be able to go there so you might have a tough time.Then you will be crying because too many high levels were doing it.Like 17 and 18 levels.

You mean like the way they make pvpers PvE to get him?
Good point and I say it as PvE player. My friend playing on PvP server was astonished how helpful and cooperative people were during Chevin event.

PvP or PvE do not determine being punk or bully, so do not expect worst from others. And when you group to go to FFA PvP and fight ensues - you may actually enjoy it in the end :)

Its not like your in there for long really... there are 3 venders and 2 of them are so easy to get too. you can walk in and walk out before anyone see's you.. and believe me, no one really goes into outlaws den these days...

I got to say based on 21+ years of pvp in MMORPGs

Outlaws Den will be packed with greifer pk guilds the very day this goes live and anyone that doesnt accept that is lieing to themselves.

Its designs liek this PKers LIVE FOR

Now granted most of said PKers would prefer it be level 10s coming in as they are not about good fights and challenges. They simply want to ruin others enjoyment.

Personally will not matter to me as I already know what this will be like so will gather large group to go at once to protect each other.

But yeah, its a really lame design by EA and breaks yet another promise made by BW and EA before this game launched (was in the now gone FAQ but following what it said)

Question: Do I have to pvp or will I be able to play the game with out being forced into PVP

Answer : We do not beleive in forcing any play style on any players and will never force a player to partake in pvp for pve content

Thats a rough paraphrase but thats basically what it said

HK is clearly a PVE content add on and yet peopel are being forced to pvp to get this pve content!

Again, doesnt effect me in the least but lets not fool ourselves on this

This is yet another broken guarentee/promise by EA regarding TOR.

As for other poster QQing he cant get HK via PVP only.

Yeah, HK really going to help you in Warzones...oh wait no hes not

well he will help in Ilum...oh wait nope again

Ill never understand this desire to turn PVP into PVE by some people!

Why is it that a crazy percentage of the player-base want this game to be a solo one? So you need to go into a PvP area to complete a quest (by the way, many companion quests already take you into such zones).

The fear - That there will be "griefers" there ruining the whole thing. So, to counter:

1. They cannot be there all the time. So find a time when they aren't there.

2. Even griefers get bored. Trust me, if the pre-mades in PvP eventually get bored of wiping the floor with pugs (which they do) the griefers will get bored of camping in Outlaw's Den

3. Find a team. Have a chat on the fleet and get numerous groups of 4 to go and complete that part of the quest together, for protection. Look at it as another "world event" just to do this part of the quest.

4. Don't do the quest. HK is not an integral part of the game and is there for those that do want "everything".

5. This isn't a single-player game. They have already "made the promise" that your story is something you can solo, which you can. HK is NOT part of your story and so you cannot solo it. Really need to get a grip, decide if you want it or not and if you do prepare to do a couple of things you may not have done before.

C'mon OP have some flavor in your gaming life, after all you are going to get most deadliest assassin in the galaxy and one of requirements is to get assassinated first lawl :rak_01:

Pvpeens like you are exactly the kind of tools the OP is referring to. Thanks for showing up to justify his post.

Edited by Darth_Rathus

That is actually an interesting thought. Assassination as requirement. It has a nice ring to it. :o

I do have flavor in my gaming life though. Remember my last paragraph says that I do PVP from time to time. ;)

I just want to reiterate to everyone. My opinion on this is just based around having PVP as part of the Requirement for obtaining Companions. Even if it is just a possibility of a PVP Situation as a Requirement. Removing that one thing makes it a lot more appealing to more types of players. I just think it would be better all around to remove that one requirement. It just seems to me like a bad move to have it in a PVP Zone for something that is so widely wanted.

I can understand them wanting to make the Outlaw's Den more desirable, but they can do that in other ways other than using a Companion, something that is mostly used in PVE to begin with. For instance, they could just use really good gear that is for PVP as a better incentive for players to visit the Outlaw's Den. It does not even have to be just PVP gear. Any really good Gear would be better Incentive than a Companion. Heck they could have the more Top end Droid Parts drop as loot there. Say some Droid parts that are only for the HK-51. That would be better incentive than having the actual Requirements for Companions being there.

I do not want people to get the wrong impression of me. It is not that I do not like PVP, as I do like PVP. I am also not scared of PVP or getting killed by other players. After all I have PVP'ed from time to time. In fact I was in the Outlaw's Den the other day. I went through there to get that Datacron. It just seems like a bad idea to me to have something that is widely wanted by all types of Players, PVP and NON-PVP alike, have a requirement that makes one type of player be placed in a situation for something they do not really like to do. in this case PVP.

It is just how I feel. :rolleyes:

It is good to see all of you post your views on this though. Even if we all do not agree. It makes for a better community and game if we all express our opinions freely. I hope to see more opinions on this. :)

I say they should have 2 ways to get this item(s) so the pvpers can goto Outlaws den and the antipvpers can go elsewhere.

Most but not all pvpers are starving so bad for world pvp that they WILL CAMP this vender count on it. But I say if they want open world pvp they should go play on a PVP server. Isnt that what they are for? PVErs play on PVE servers specificly cause they want to avoid PVP totally or want the CHOICE to pvp if they want. There should not be ANY open world PVP areas on PVE servers. If one wants to zone into an OPEN Instance where ONLY PVP activities are then so be it just dont mix any PVE content in there.

There are those who despise PVP with a passion and will unsub if you can believe that if required to play in a way that they dont like. HK-51 is PVE content. So PVPers cant claim being forced to PVE for it as you can only use companions in PVE. Being that the open areas are broken. Why would a full time PVPer even want HK-51? They will never use him. Unless they ALSO like to PVE.

I got to say based on 21+ years of pvp in MMORPGs

Outlaws Den will be packed with greifer pk guilds the very day this goes live and anyone that doesnt accept that is lieing to themselves.

Its designs liek this PKers LIVE FOR

Now granted most of said PKers would prefer it be level 10s coming in as they are not about good fights and challenges. They simply want to ruin others enjoyment.

Personally will not matter to me as I already know what this will be like so will gather large group to go at once to protect each other.

But yeah, its a really lame design by EA and breaks yet another promise made by BW and EA before this game launched (was in the now gone FAQ but following what it said)

Question: Do I have to pvp or will I be able to play the game with out being forced into PVP

Answer : We do not beleive in forcing any play style on any players and will never force a player to partake in pvp for pve content

Thats a rough paraphrase but thats basically what it said

HK is clearly a PVE content add on and yet peopel are being forced to pvp to get this pve content!

Again, doesnt effect me in the least but lets not fool ourselves on this

This is yet another broken guarentee/promise by EA regarding TOR.

As for other poster QQing he cant get HK via PVP only.

Yeah, HK really going to help you in Warzones...oh wait no hes not

well he will help in Ilum...oh wait nope again

Ill never understand this desire to turn PVP into PVE by some people!

This hit it on the head. People and guilds will flock at the chance to grief players which is going to cause a massive storm of CS tickets. All you PVP players may not admit it now but you'll be their killing people that are not prepped or have never PVP'ed in this game. Than the one ego Epeen PVP geek who will sit their for days just plucking people for his enjoyment.

You all know this will happen and when enough moaning happens from the PVE players it will get moved. Otherwise the mass flood of CS tickets will keep flowing in till they get tired of it.

Edited by bravotwentysev

Whoa I didn't know you have to go there. It's awesome idea! Now BW just add some small daily/weekly reward for kills and it will be glorious :D

OP you can always gather up people in the fleet for ops and go together. People will always be up for some PvP and to complete the HK quest if there will be daily/weekly in place too. After all you have to go to that scary and awful place just once.

Edited by MelodicSixNine