When would you fall to the Darkside ?

mefit

If you were a Jedi , when would be the time you would fall to the Darkside ?

Rule:Keep it in the realm of Fantasy .Real Life Politics is not welcomed :)

I am very Passionate about defending the weak and underdogs .

I could never sit still when the weak are dieing from anyway Preventable . Even though the Jedi usually never allow the weak to be punished or harmed , it would be my undoing .

My Jedi Knight is my main , I have been disingenuous about how I got total Lightside by how I played him though. Admittedly . I am in life not so forgiving to those who would harm others and I would not ever be forgiving to someone who selfishly hurt someone else life threateningly for personal gain . In the game I allowed those who harmed or kill others to walk free when if I wasn't trying to gain full affection of my companions and full lightside cheaply and with little money involved .

Edited by mefit

Never. I would go the route of Odan-Urr and spend my time studying The Force, not fighting in battle.

I would be too busy learning to fall to the Dark Side. Plus I'm naturally good-spirited, so that helps.

I can honestly see that , if we were in the realm of StarWars you would be a great Historian/Force Master for sure ! :)

For me, it would probably be over time. I am not a follower of every rule and by the book kind of person. Sometimes doing the right thing ain't doing the right thing[love that line from SWAT]. Sometimes one must become the darkness to fight the darkness.

Along the way i'd probably go to the darkside, but I think with help I'd come back to the light.

For me I'd probably be a jedi shadow, but I'd be more like the assassin's out of assasin's creed "Working in the dark to server the light."

I'd probably fall the same way Kun did: I find Sith sorcery fascinating, and that would lead to reading into forbidden archives.

That, or the same way my Jedi role-model, Kao Cen Darach, died: staying behind to stall someone more powerful so that my friends could escape. That powerful person would end up corrupting me after I was defeated.

It depends on what you mean by fall. If you mean DS5/total corruption, then probably never. If you mean something lesser on the scale....then any time a pragmatic choice needed to be made to ensure victory. Let's just say that

Lord Scourge

approved of my jedi wholeheartedly from Corellia on, except for a softhearted moment when he

saved his lover in the final battle.

;) He wasn't much for leaving an enemy standing who would clearly stab him in the back later, either.

Edited by errant_knight

There are three scenarios which could make it likely for me to fall:

1. Genocide: If a genocide was going on and I had the power to stop it, I might decide to also become prosecutor, judge and executer for those responsible. I'd start murdering them, with growing hatred and anger.

2. What Bird_of_Thunder said: Dark Side secrets are incredibly fascinating. I might delve to deep in them.

3. If there was a ticking bomb scenario, like in the Jedi Knight story chapter 3

when the Emperor is about to eat the galaxy.

If stakes were that high, I would stop looking out for others and leave them to die. I would stop looking out for my inner peace and use everything I could get to gain more power to prevent it from happening.

Edited by Maaruin

Given I am sickly with a bad illness Sith sorcery would be tempting for me to look for a way to repair the damage to my body done by the illness and getting rid of it.

But given light side can heal think more I would end up borderline from studying the force in search for a cure.

I would never see myself as "dark side" but if there was an issue the jedi didn't agree with I would go my own way much like revan and malak did in the mandalorian wars. I would pursue power to do what I believe is right but what I believe is right and what the jedi believe is right would be two different things so I guess at that point I would be viewed as on the "dark side."

Never. I would go the route of Odan-Urr and spend my time studying The Force, not fighting in battle.

I would be too busy learning to fall to the Dark Side. Plus I'm naturally good-spirited, so that helps.

Pride comes before the fall ;)

OT ; I'd probably end up taking the Shadow / Assassin's route. I generally prefer to stay in shadows and out of sight, + I am fascinated by the use of masks to hide one's persona and emotions. I would probably end up being a darksider from the moment I touched my lightsaber.

probably at the beginning, first glance at the weak and defenseless ones would drive me to exterminating them, especially if they were held back by consuming fear and some troopers would die for them just because they couldnt wave a finger - mass force choke for them.

If we're talking along a more real world style, technically I'm already grey.

However, if the force were real than I'd probably be a bit more like Cade Skywalker. Leave the F* alone but would totally use darkside abilities to save those closest to me and hunt down the basterds that endangered them. I have a few friends IRL that would be my balancing act and would fight to bring me back to the light.

I would fall to the dark side as soon as you told me I couldn't get married and start a family of my own :mad:

I understand Jedi are similar to monks in a lot of ways, forgoing attachments and desires of the flesh. But truth be told, I love women lol. Not sure I could give that up no matter what amount of training. True, if I was raised in the Order since birth, I'm sure it would be much easier. But, a lot of Jedi are raised in the Order since birth and many succumb to the dark side because of attachments, love, lust, desire for power. The power of the booty is too strong!! :p

You do know Odan-Urr, yes?
Aurbere, you'd so go dark side. In a flame war between you and MasterMe over Revan you'd just unleash a barrage of Force lightning, screaming "CONCEDE!" :D

Me for one. I'd reject 'light' and 'dark' and go my own path. There is only the Force after all. I would not adhere to any code, or a single idea. However my desire for power would probably drive me down the path of the dark side, I'd certainly dabble in Sith magic, and become an explorer, searching Sith tombs and Jedi temples, and combining the underworld for ancient relics. But I'd never be Sith, not truly, codes are not for me. I'd probably be more like this guy.

Edited by Beniboybling

Aurbere, you'd so go dark side. In a flame war between you and MasterMe over Revan you'd just unleash a barrage of Force lightning, screaming "CONCEDE!" :D

Me for one. I'd reject 'light' and 'dark' and go my own path. There is only the Force after all. I would not adhere to any code, or a single idea. However my desire for power would probably drive me down the path of the dark side, I'd certainly dabble in Sith magic, and become an explorer, searching Sith tombs and Jedi temples, and combining the underworld for ancient relics. But I'd never be Sith, not truly, codes are not for me. I'd probably be more like this guy.

Probably! lol:D

But personally, I prefer to learn rather than fight. Go the route of Odan-Urr and study the great mysteries of The Force. Make myself a Great Library as well. :)

Agreed, although when busting ancient tombs and temples a lightsaber might come in handy...

Indeed. I could just bring some archeologists, but they might accidentally destroy some artifacts.

Then I would fall to the Dark Side. Stupid archeologists destroying artifacts. :mad:

:D