Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the thermal detonator hate?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Why all the thermal detonator hate?

Farrex
11.22.2012 , 06:30 AM | #11
I still prefer 7/3/31 to 8/8/25. I don't mind losing a small amount of damage on the scoreboard at the end of a warzone if it means I get to keep TD and burst down healers quicker.
~Zanravind, The Progenitor

Hatsheput
11.24.2012 , 10:42 PM | #12
I like energy rebounder quite a bit too. I found I missed it when I went ap for a bit.

Sippix
11.26.2012 , 03:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantasm View Post
The main reason for not having a TD is that u can take +9% aim in tank tree not sacrificing some vital talents in AP tree. That ends having 1830 aim in BM/WH gear for me, and I watch shiny 5k crits from RS on PVE-geared targets. All other skills get significant damage boost too.
Not a single Pyro/Assault on my server running any Steely Resolve variant has ever beaten me in 1v1 combat. The only time Steely Resolve specs are decent is when you're gearing up to optimized WH. After that, it's all about buffing tech/dots and stacking max Power in a 4/6/31 spec.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

DarthRedPhx
12.01.2012 , 10:53 PM | #14
I'm a nub on this game (had it little over a week) but if I was good and was about to go after an Assassin I would use an ability that I know they would use the Shroud on and have a TD waiting for when it goes away and they still have to wait for the Shroud to cool down. As for the TD no comment since my BH isn't there yet.

Kintaroshi
12.08.2012 , 12:59 AM | #15
I dropped td long ago. It was nice to have before the range nerf though. IMO putting your points towards more aim and stronger flame bursts is the way to go. Td wastes heat, doesn't guarantee a crit, and can be prevented. When I switched over to my current spec from my old td one, I was amazed. My damage output was insanely better. Fat flame bursts, and constant 3k+ punches/5k+ rail shots.
Kintaroshi - Powertech
-S- Silent Strike multi-MMO gaming guild since 04' -S-
=Shadowfire's Feared Pikeman Bounty Hunter=
SOE stole my DoTs and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Gyronamics
12.08.2012 , 03:41 AM | #16
It's a mercs talent now, ironically it's mostly useful for them at close range due to casts being fairly crap at melee range.

Ofc at long range they can toss in a TD in for the hell of it when they want to drop the sky on someone.

PT doesn't have a problem with casts at melee range because they are melee therefore they can stick to their rotation.