Masterwork data crystals

dmcblues

Does anyone have any idea if these crystals will be gone with the new 6.0 expansion for gearing up. Wondering if I should use them all up before hand. I can't seem to find this answer in the threads, hope this is not a duplicate thread.

From the recent Reddit AMAA.

Question - “Which currencies are you getting rid of? I really think it needs a streamline!

Currently I've got Light Side Tokens, Dark Side Tokens, Command Tokens, Iokath Power Shards, Relics of Ossus, Masterwork Crystal, Monumental Crystals, Alliance Recon Data, Fleet Commendations, Ranked PvP Reward Tokens in the top section”

Answer -

So, fully acknowledge that currencies have gotten out of hand as of late. Historically, currency was used to gauge participation in specific content. However, we should be much more diligent about how many unique currencies are active at one time. For reputation areas I'd like us to lean away from unique's and rely more on the Reputation requirement and a simple Credit transaction.

Currencies planned for deprecation (Credit conversion):

• Unassembled Components

• Command Tokens

• Masterwork Crystals

• Monumental Crystals

• Alliance Recon Data

For the existing reputation currencies we'll be moving them to a new category on the currency window so they aren't competing for "End Game" Status.