I feel cheated with the Digital Upgrade Pack

pifias

Im a CE buyer. I bought the CE not just for the digital in game items, but they were "Exclusive" items for those of us who either bought the CE or Digital Deluxe. Now with the Cartel Market everyone can get the same items, except the worthless VIP band?? and for 5$?? Why???

Give us something tangible other than just 1000 cartel coins (worse for the Digital Deluxe buyers who didn't even get 100cc). Update the VIP lounge with something!!

How hard can it be to give us just to name a few:

1. Color Crystals
  2. Unique weapon looks
  3. More unique clothing
  4. Extra rested bonus for logging off your toon on that area
  5. Make it so you can duel?? VIP arena!

I'm VIP. There are thousands of VIPs outthere who want something like that and most of us have been subscribers from day one and we are not getting anything in return but useless stuff. I paid to become a VIP. I paid to have my supposedly "Exclusive" STAP and the other worthless items.

Give me something that I can feel good about the money I spent and keep spending to be a subscriber and VIP. And make the area mean something more other than just going up and down on the elevator.

Make it happen in patch 1.6 and please dont give us a colored candy cane crystal. See, I just gave you a terrible idea that youll probably give away on christmas. :mad:

Please VIPers bump this thread!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying a CE does not make you a VIP(which stands for Very Important Person) It just makes you somebody who purchased the CE. I purchased the CE, and I do not feel ripped off. I received what I paid for. I don't feel the need to be elitist over the other players in the game. Apparently my entitlement is lacking, or I just have a better perspective on the things that matter.

Nothing about purchasing the CE makes any of us very important. I honestly feel the worse thing the devs did was to name that stupid part of the fleet the VIP lounge. So many inflated egos and elitist bs has arisen from something that was supposed to be a fun and temporary distraction.

I wouldn't necessarily be against those that purchased the CE to get a bit extra, and those that preodered should get a halo IMO.

I had trouble justifying a 15.00 for the game two months or so ago, before F2P was announced. I wasn't even sure the game was worth another penny until I got a chance to try out F2P on the PTS.

I can only imagine how slighted folks are that paid all that money so long ago.

Buying a CE does not make you a VIP(which stands for Very Important Person) It just makes you somebody who purchased the CE. I purchased the CE, and I do not feel ripped off. I received what I paid for. I don't feel the need to be elitist over the other players in the game. Apparently my entitlement is lacking, or I just have a better perspective on the things that matter.

Nothing about purchasing the CE makes any of us very important. I honestly feel the worse thing the devs did was to name that stupid part of the fleet the VIP lounge. So many inflated egos and elitist bs has arisen from something that was supposed to be a fun and temporary distraction.

There is a VIP lounge in the fleet for people that bought the CE or DDL (dunno which since i have neither)

Im a CE buyer. I bought the CE not just for the digital in game items, but they were "Exclusive" items for those of us who either bought the CE or Digital Deluxe. Now with the Cartel Market everyone can get the same items, except the worthless VIP band?? and for 5$?? Why???

Didn't you get a statue and a few other collectible items? What more do you want for an extra $90?

Greed, it's out of control...

Give us something tangible other than just 1000 cartel coins (worse for the Digital Deluxe buyers who didn't even get 100cc). Update the VIP lounge with something!!

1. Color Crystals
  2. Unique weapon looks
  3. More unique clothing

I'm VIP. There are thousands of VIPs outthere who want something like that and most of us have been subscribers from day one and we are not getting anything in return but useless stuff. I paid to become a VIP. I paid to have my supposedly "Exclusive" STAP and the other worthless items.

Give me something that I can feel good about the money I spent and keep spending to be a subscriber and VIP. And make the area mean something more other than just going up and down on the elevator.

Make it happen in patch 1.6 and please dont give us a colored candy cane crystal. See, I just gave you a terrible idea that youll probably give away on christmas. :mad:

And this right here, is why people think those who own the CE are snobs.

And this right here, is why people think those who own the CE are snobs.

Dont forget they listed clearly what was included in CE and the so called "exclusive" STAP mount has been part of the DELUXE package since the 1st day you could pre-order and still is.

The digi deluxe people didn't they instead got a whopping 250cc and yup thats it.

False, the deluxe package people where given, a holocam, STAP mount, flare gun, holo dance and training droid.

They gave 250cc extra to the people who bought the deluxe version prior to F2P convertion.

1 - Don't whine like a spoiled brat. You've spent five dollars. FIVE DOLLARS. And you demand priviledges like you paid 100.

2 - While buying DDE shouldn't entitle you to the role of a VIP, the CE buyers pretty much deserve it. I don't know if it's disregard or envy that makes you say such things, but remember that most of those CE buyers are, in fact, players, who decided to invest additional money by pre-ordering a more expensive version of the game to support BioWare. Of course, the Malgus statue is awesome and Gnost Dural's diary gives some fine insight into the fluff, but if $5 can give you everything else(aside from the vacuum robot), then you should at least be treated as a better customer.

Don't you try to school me on the fact that all customers are equal. They aren't. There are those, who would freeze their account and unfreeze it only to do the ops just to freeze it again for a week to preserve their subscription. And there are those, who bought CE and probably buy cartel coins. The content you get does not cover the price you pay for it. You are a better customer, because you put more money into developers' pocket. And you should be recognized for it. Why not give some more priviledges to them?

You will probably call me a selfish bastard with oversized ego, since I am one of those, but you can't deny that I am at least partially right and reasonable. Hell, even BioWare said before the launch, that they like the ones who pre-ordered the game earlier more, because they decided to give them the money long before the launch, entrusting the studio and boosting it's budget. Why is it something bad? And they were rewarded with earlier early access. It was super cool of BioWare to treat their better customers.. better. They deserved it. And I see no reason people like me, who support the game more than others should not get additional priviledges like more cool items in CE shop or some discount/bonuses at the Cartel Market.

So yeah, I kinda feel wronged by BioWare as a pre-ordered CE owner, because despite the very nice CC boost, they gave me nothing more for that. It's been a year and no single update for either the VIP or CE shop. But not really as angry as the poster. My discontent seems to be rather reasonable to me.

I would just like to point out that the five items that come with the "Digital Upgrade Pack" are the items that came with both the Digital Deluxe Edition as well as the Collectors Edition. The "CCE Mouse Droid" which was the the Collector's Edition Exclusive item is not included. This upgrade also does not appear to offer access to the in game Collector's Edition Store. I would say its was essentially an upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition Rather then to the Collectors Edition.

I bought the Collectors Edition and I do believe items that were advertised as exclusive to the Collectors Edition Should remain so; but I do not think that letting someone who purchased the Standard Edition upgrade to the Digital Edition; or allowing a new player to purchase the Digital Edition is in anyway unfair to anyone.

I have ce and dont feel ripped off either. Ive gotten what I payed for. Heck they even bothered to make higher lvl versions of the pre-order crystals, which I couldnt care less about if they offer an alternative way to optain them.

Wish they would make the top end pre order crystals level 10 like the pink purple ones and cost about 1-5k then at least it would be worth while to use them Lol!

I am a CE Owner and I bought it because they advertised they would constantly change the store and give us some amazing stuff...never happened.

This is my issue. They said CE exclusives and yes we want some exclusive to us. We spend 3x the amount that other spend on this game for a good reason. This isnt entitlement, this is purely saying "We were promised exclusive ingame items and a CE shop. We dont have exclusive items nor anything worthwhile in the shop"

Stop thinking everything CE owners say is entitlement, we want what we bought which is exclusivity. If some CE owners dont mind it that fine. That doesnt mean all CE owners are happy

1. Color Crystals
  2. Unique weapon looks
  3. More unique clothing

Wait, they have released the STAP, the flare gun, the holo dancer, the camera and the black/yellow crystal on the cartel shop?

This is shocking news indeed!

oh... they havent?

oh, you mean that because people can buy stuff that is similar, they have somehow jibbed you out of the stuff you got for buying the CE pack?

well... thats just kinda selfish and egotistical isnt it?

I gotta say i was a lil disappointed when i saw that they were givin away the CE item (the flare gun) to ppl that buy this pack... I mean there were only 2 special items for CE to begin with: the CE MiniMech Mouse Droid, and the Flare gun, and you had to give one away? I mean I agree it's not a big deal, spilt milk and all that, but i don't see why they had to go and give away one of the items when there were only 2 to start with.

Buying a CE does not make you a VIP(which stands for Very Important Person) It just makes you somebody who purchased the CE. I purchased the CE, and I do not feel ripped off. I received what I paid for.

I wonder how you feel about the CE being reprinted and reduced to 30 bucks 6 months into the game's life. :rolleyes:

Wait, they have released the STAP, the flare gun, the holo dancer, the camera and the black/yellow crystal on the cartel shop?

This is shocking news indeed!

oh... they havent?

oh, you mean that because people can buy stuff that is similar, they have somehow jibbed you out of the stuff you got for buying the CE pack?

well... thats just kinda selfish and egotistical isnt it?

They added it to the DDE :)

CE owners did get something tangible. That was not only the non-digital authentication device but also the nice Gentle Giant Statue of Darth Malgus of which the value of real life money goes up on it over time. Then of course there are the other tangible items that came with it.

I did not feel ripped off at all. A matter of fact, CE owners realistically paid less then regular game owners did. The statue alone holds the value of every dollar we paid up front.

* I will agree that they should update the CE vendor's items. They stated they would be doing this anyway.

Edited by Rehneu

I wonder how you feel about the CE being reprinted and reduced to 30 bucks 6 months into the game's life. :rolleyes:

I felt it was a killer deal considering the swag inside the box. I picked up another 3 as soon as the price dropped. After market prices on that statue will bring in far more then the $30 each box I picked up.