Ranked PvP Draft on The Colony!

NvrShoutNvr

EDIT: CANCELED

Event is canceled. not enough people signed up Pub Side to even form a team, and there's an odd number of Imp players. Thank you to everyone who signed up, but unfortunately this will not be happening. Hopefully we can get more people to sign up in the future, but it will not be happening anytime soon.

This will be open to any and all who are interested in Ranked PvP, both Imp side and Pub side. You do not have to be a member of a PvP guild, or even be a member of a guild at all to participate. This is purely to have fun with our community and get some ranked comms while we're at it :D This will be pretty difficult to organize, but I'm pretty confident we can get it done. Depending on how many participate, there will be a set number of Team Captains per faction, and a set number of teams for said captains. This will be a multiple hour event, so please plan on dedicating at least 4-5 hours (if not more) of your time if you want to participate.

Website that will be used by captains to select team members:

http://krisjohnston47.wix.com/bcrankeddraft

it's nothing fancy, just something simple with a few buttons to easily navigate through the players. I'm not an HTML genius, sorry guys :p

Players names and rolls will be added to the website as I receive their entries.

Date: Sunday, May 19th

Time: starting at 2 pm PST

Rules:

1. If you are a captain, you are not allowed to pick team members from your own guild.

2. a MAX of 2 members per guild, per team. This is to avoid 7 man Grim or Ascension premades running around and beating the snot out of people.

3. 1 class per person! This means if you sign up on your Assassin, you can't change your mind 3 matches later and change to your Juggernaut.

4. Augment Exploit is BANNED. Anyone caught using it will have their team disqualified from the event. Don't be the one to ruin it for everyone else!

The team makeup (healers, tanks, etc.) will be entirely up to the captains. You will not be limited on the number of healers or Smash Juggs you have on a team, but please try a little diversity to keep things fun. No one likes 5 Focus Guardians jumping on them at the same time.

the team with the most wins at the end of the night will be declared the winner.

If you are interested in participating, please send an in-game mail to Kristus (for Pub Side) and Ammut (for Imp Side)

Please follow the following format:

Toon Name <Guild Tag> (if you have one) - Class - Desired Roll

Team Captains will be picked the old fashioned way (pulled out of a hat :p) If you are picked as a captain, you will be notified by in-game email.

Guild Leaders, tell your members about this! We want to get as many people as possible!

Edited by NvrShoutNvr
new information

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the event being held? On Saturday, May 11th?

the event date is TBD. I would like to have a meeting with all the captains in Vent before a date is set, just to make sure the rules are understood and everyone on the teams are able to make it.

A thought, I think it would help most people if you set a time and take whoever comes. That way people can commit based on their schedules. Also, this may be a good activity to do frequently as long as organization isn't too difficult.

A thought, I think it would help most people if you set a time and take whoever comes. That way people can commit based on their schedules. Also, this may be a good activity to do frequently as long as organization isn't too difficult.

the problem with that, is once everyone shows up it would take too long to pick teams. and not everyone wants to be twiddling their thumbs for 3 hours while the captains fight over Scyn and Wrecks. Having teams picked before the event starts would be the most efficient way of going about it, in terms of saving time.

I agree it would take forever to pick teams (unless you set an order, but even then it would take a while). I'm thinking though that if you set a time, then get sign ups, pick captains, they pick teams all beforehand and get things rolling at the predetermined time. That lets everyone determine if they can attend and also leaves time to put teams together.

Teams known to farm their ratings on pugs will enjoy this! (They know who they are) :mon_trap:

not a trap at all, just trying to get some ranked going on and have some fun. there's a limit on how many members per guild can be on 1 team to prevent said farming.

LOL, ammut, what he means is someone is going to grab their ranked team and farm on these kickball teams.

..well that would just be unsportsmanlike and rude. no one would ever do that. Especially not on the colony..

LOL, ammut, what he means is someone is going to grab their ranked team and farm on these kickball teams.

what he is really trying to do is cause unnecessary drama and create hurt feelings.

PoliteAssassin isn't very good at assassinating threads politely.

On another note, I think this is a great idea and I know that I personally would love to take part, but I can't sign up for something that I don't know the date to, because I may already have obligations.

what he is really trying to do is cause unnecessary drama and create hurt feelings.

PoliteAssassin isn't very good at assassinating threads politely.

On another note, I think this is a great idea and I know that I personally would love to take part, but I can't sign up for something that I don't know the date to, because I may already have obligations.

I've picked a time and date. (Also, you might want to take my Sage off of ignore if you want to send a mail) :rolleyes: