New class Idea

Roketter

Droid Class.

The story told from the point of view of a sentient droid as its czerka creators try to recapture. As the droid manages to escape, it must decide wether to flee into the empire territory, or to the republics planets.

Two subclasses

Siege droid

Skill trees:

High energy shielding

Abilities focused around a tank spec, using deploying probes that generate powerful shields to stop dmg, and area energy shields that protect allies and hinder enemies within the effect radious. Also, the ultimate ability to create an impenetrable barrier that dmgs and pushes back enemies for a few seconds.

Siege fortification:

Abilities focused on deploying combat probes that deploy into static turrets of different types, attacking enemies within their range, and also seting up explosive mines of different types. Also, the ability to create a temporary player manned turret for a few seconds (can be used by the droid, or other players in the same group).

Droid commander

Skill trees:

Droid Warriors:

Abilities focused on summoning, commanding and buffing different types of droid warriors wich act as tanks or dps. Also, the ability to summon a player manned spider-droid that can be used to attack for a few seconds with abilities of its own (can be used by the droid or other characters in the same group).

Droid support: A support tree, wich deploys probes that aid allies within range recharging their hitpoints and their energy resources (Energy battery probe, holocron repository probe, Kolto pulse probe). Also, allows deploying probes with the opposite effects for area limited area dps and hinder effects. Finally, an ultimate that deploys a probe scattering random powerups aroundthe area to greatly buff allies.

Shared tree:

Heavy weapons

Skill tree focused on missile and energy attacks, mostly channeled abilities. Also, an ultimate ability wich allows the droid to fire all weapons at once at a single point, breaking the targets shield and imunity abilities and dealing medium damage, only usable when such defensive abilities are present.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
why not, instead of copying wow on the faction decicion idea, just make an HK droid for the empire, and one the republic? maybe a redesigned HK or a C3PO styled battledroid, i dont know. afterall, the classes are basically the same on either side already. i think its a great idea with a droid class though.

I have a really great idea, one that is in agreement with SW canon.

Lets change the Bounty hunter, and the smuggler to neutral classes. Let face it, bounty hunters work for ever has the biggest wallet and smugglers do the same. Who ever decided to lock BH and Smugglers into a faction had to have been on meth!

Sadly I doubt that Bioware or EA can swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake and fix it. :mad:

I have a really great idea, one that is in agreement with SW canon.

Lets change the Bounty hunter, and the smuggler to neutral classes. Let face it, bounty hunters work for ever has the biggest wallet and smugglers do the same. Who ever decided to lock BH and Smugglers into a faction had to have been on meth!

Sadly I doubt that Bioware or EA can swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake and fix it. :mad:

But the BH/ Smuggler the story let's you play isn't entirely neutral, you see. It's not even really their choice to go with either, it's because events in their life force them to ally with one of the factions over the other. We are not "Smugglers" or "Bounty Hunters", we all play the same individual. We play a certain Smuggler and a certain Bounty Hunter. Technically, at least.

You know, as an example. Bounty Hunters during the time of the Galactic Empire were neutral, too. But Boba Fett preferred working for the Empire over the Rebellion.

Smugglers are generally neutral, but Han Solo preferred working with the Rebel Alliance over the Empire.

But the BH/ Smuggler the story let's you play isn't entirely neutral, you see. It's not even really their choice to go with either, it's because events in their life force them to ally with one of the factions over the other. We are not "Smugglers" or "Bounty Hunters", we all play the same individual. We play a certain Smuggler and a certain Bounty Hunter. Technically, at least.

You know, as an example. Bounty Hunters during the time of the Galactic Empire were neutral, too. But Boba Fett preferred working for the Empire over the Rebellion.

Smugglers are generally neutral, but Han Solo preferred working with the Rebel Alliance over the Empire.

Thats why I have a problem with it. Just because Solo and Fett preferred working with a certain faction, why do I have to be locked into their choice? I would rather pick who I work for, just as Fett and Solo did. Is that too hard to understand? If I was a bounty hunter, or a smuggler, I would be insane to refuse work for who ever is paying.

They even could have made Tatooine the capitol planet for those 2 classes.

Thats why I have a problem with it. Just because Solo and Fett preferred working with a certain faction, why do I have to be locked into their choice? I would rather pick who I work for, just as Fett and Solo did. Is that too hard to understand? If I was a bounty hunter, or a smuggler, I would be insane to refuse work for who ever is paying.

They even could have made Tatooine the capitol planet for those 2 classes.

So i have to be stuck on some backwater, 2 bit nobody planet that no one gives a rats *** about, just because Solo once hid on that planet, because it was so far away from everything, that not even a bounty hunter bothered to go there and search for him?

Yeah, thanks but no thanks. If a capital then Nar Shaddaa, where one actually gets work and isn't surrounded by 1 lonely hutt and a bunch of moisture farmers.

That being said, i am fine with things as they are. It makes sense for Bounty Hunter to be stuck with the Empire and Smugglers to side with the Republic. Empire and Smugglers never got well together. And Bounty Hunters and Republic doesn't gel well either. Maybe on some more 'personal' level of the random senator hireing a Bounty Hunter, but overall i don't think the Republic is big on Mercs.

It bugs me more how much the Smuggler is drawn into the Republic affairs. I don't think it fits well to the smuggler to go out and rescue a bunch of trooper, but then.... if one wouldn't do that, one would run into exp problems and has to grind flashpoints.

Another 'choose your faction midgame' idea.

To do a droid story line would be interesting, however things like romance and such probably wouldn't be feasible.

I don't know, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Droids on Balmorra (Empire) had emotion for one another to have their fellow droid repaired.

I would LOVE to play as a Droid! That would be absolutely fantastic!

Droid Class.

The story told from the point of view of a sentient droid as its czerka creators try to recapture. As the droid manages to escape, it must decide wether to flee into the empire territory, or to the republics planets.

Two subclasses

Siege droid

Skill trees:

High energy shielding

Abilities focused around a tank spec, using deploying probes that generate powerful shields to stop dmg, and area energy shields that protect allies and hinder enemies within the effect radious. Also, the ultimate ability to create an impenetrable barrier that dmgs and pushes back enemies for a few seconds.

Siege fortification:

Abilities focused on deploying combat probes that deploy into static turrets of different types, attacking enemies within their range, and also seting up explosive mines of different types. Also, the ability to create a temporary player manned turret for a few seconds (can be used by the droid, or other players in the same group).

Droid commander

Skill trees:

Droid Warriors:

Abilities focused on summoning, commanding and buffing different types of droid warriors wich act as tanks or dps. Also, the ability to summon a player manned spider-droid that can be used to attack for a few seconds with abilities of its own (can be used by the droid or other characters in the same group).

Droid support: A support tree, wich deploys probes that aid allies within range recharging their hitpoints and their energy resources (Energy battery probe, holocron repository probe, Kolto pulse probe). Also, allows deploying probes with the opposite effects for area limited area dps and hinder effects. Finally, an ultimate that deploys a probe scattering random powerups aroundthe area to greatly buff allies.

Shared tree:

Heavy weapons

Skill tree focused on missile and energy attacks, mostly channeled abilities. Also, an ultimate ability wich allows the droid to fire all weapons at once at a single point, breaking the targets shield and imunity abilities and dealing medium damage, only usable when such defensive abilities are present.

I actually really like this idea. The moment I saw "Droid," I must admit I was somewhat skepitcal, but I think you are on to something. The story reflects a small character in a big world, perhaps even a supporting character to a Jedi or Sith in this all out War, which I absolutely love. It's awesome playing the main character, after all everyone wants their characters to be awesome. But to be a supporting character and having that supporting character be awesome, would be an incredible idea.

Secondly, I like the playstyle mechanics you've created for the class. It sort of brings out a class that relies on "pets" similar to the Hunter / Warlock classes in WoW. We have our companions, but when it comes down to it in PvP, none of the classes have pets or companions they can use in PvP. Coming from a former Warlock, I would really like to enjoy that playstyle again in SWTOR. I donno, I think this may be the best "create a class" idea I've heard of so far. Well done.