Our New Defense Screen

Classicks

In 2.7, Smugglers received a Defense Screen buff.

"Defense Screen has had its cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, its maximum duration reduced to 10 seconds, and now absorbs slightly more damage per cast."

To my knowledge, Defense Screen's absorb scales with your Healing Power, but not the heal that comes with it when specced. I was curious where our absorb stands now, and if they changed the way healing power scales with it. I haven't done the math myself and have yet to see it anywhere on the forums or elsewhere.

Thoughts?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=728685

with brutalizer gear your average bonus healing is around ~1170-1200 (if i remember right) which including that formula, would bring it up to around ~4.3k absorbed per defense screen. Not a whole lot.

From last few hours of pvp on the operative, the average absorbed by the shield probe ( combat log in parsec ) was 4.6k-5.0k (with the +10% shield bonus) which is pretty much in the ballpark of the equation.

Edit: Double checked the heal received when shield probe ends, is exactly the same amount as shown in the skill tree tooltip. Meaning, the effective "shielding" is 5.8k-7.4k health. The shield probe heal can crit.

Edited by Kadjunga

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=728685

with brutalizer gear your average bonus healing is around ~1170-1200 (if i remember right) which including that formula, would bring it up to around ~4.3k absorbed per defense screen. Not a whole lot.

From last few hours of pvp on the operative, the average absorbed by the shield probe ( combat log in parsec ) was 4.6k-5.0k (with the +10% shield bonus) which is pretty much in the ballpark of the equation.

Edit: Double checked the heal received when shield probe ends, is exactly the same amount as shown in the skill tree tooltip. Meaning, the effective "shielding" is 5.8k-7.4k health. The shield probe heal can crit.

Thanks Kadjunga. I didn't know if the formula had changed at all, but hadn't looked into it much.