Obi-wan vs Revan

BrandonSM

I agree that Revan was skilled. However, defeating Malak doesn't net him any points in my book. Revan pretty much trained Malak. Defeating your apprentice isn't anything really special. If Revan had lost, he could say that he trained Malak well. But since he won, that shows that Malak didn't have what it takes to be a Sith Lord. And after you do beat him, I think Malak says something like "You were always better than me." I haven't finished my LS playthrough of KOTOR yet so that is off of memory. I haven't played KOTOR in a few years, but I just started it back up again.

no drew stated revan barley defeated malak.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Revan was skilled. However, defeating Malak doesn't net him any points in my book. Revan pretty much trained Malak. Defeating your apprentice isn't anything really special. If Revan had lost, he could say that he trained Malak well. But since he won, that shows that Malak didn't have what it takes to be a Sith Lord. And after you do beat him, I think Malak says something like "You were always better than me." I haven't finished my LS playthrough of KOTOR yet so that is off of memory. I haven't played KOTOR in a few years, but I just started it back up again.

Perhaps defeating your apprentice isn't that special, but he did become powerful as a Sith, and was using captured Jedi to supercharge himself during the duel. He didn't say that in my LS ending, but I imagine other dialog choices could lead to him saying it.

Sadly I think that Bioware just wanted to get rid of what they felt like was loose ends due to the fact they weren't the ones who came up with kotor2, let alone the Exile.

Unfortunately, they got used. That makes me very :(:(

no drew stated revan barley defeated malak.

Then that allows two conclusions. Either Revan really isn't that great, or Malak really is that good. I consider Malak a chump. The only reason he did so well is because he had all of those Jedi to siphon power off of.

However, in the Dark Side playthrough you can do the same thing to those Jedi.

Perhaps defeating your apprentice isn't that special, but he did become powerful as a Sith, and was using captured Jedi to supercharge himself during the duel. He didn't say that in my LS ending, but I imagine other dialog choices could lead to him saying it.

The power-siphoning of those Jedi was the only reason he did well. But you can do that if you get the drain Life ability.

Like I said, It's been awhile since I played KOTOR.

Go read the Novelization.

I did. Doesn't change a thing. Dooku removed Obi-Wan from the equation before he could really influence the fight.

Now, as to CONTINUING to compare Revan to Dooku, people really do need to stop. They have absolutely nothing other than the fact that they're both Sith Lords in common.

Saying that Revan would beat Obi-Wan just because Dooku could flies in the face of established lore and canon.