Retro Thrusters (or rather an effect from them being used) needs adjusted

Zharik

When you are shooting something that activates retro thrusters, the lead target indicator (AKA, enemy ship's hit box) does not behave properly. It should precede the target going backwards, not "stay in front (and far in front) and rubber-band back" when the ship momentarily stops at the end of the maneuver.

When you are shooting something that activates retro thrusters, the lead target indicator (AKA, enemy ship's hit box) does not behave properly. It should precede the target going backwards, not "stay in front (and far in front) and rubber-band back" when the ship momentarily stops at the end of the maneuver.

From its effect I would say that the lead indicator is simply calculated by speed and will always be on tangent line out the front of the craft.

Eitherway it doesn't really matter because retro moves you so fast your not going to be getting shots off anyway, and having it behave properly would cause it to rubberband anyway.

Plus the backwards indicator provides a instant identification of the ability.

From its effect I would say that the lead indicator is simply calculated by speed and will always be on tangent line out the front of the craft.

Eitherway it doesn't really matter because retro moves you so fast your not going to be getting shots off anyway, and having it behave properly would cause it to rubberband anyway.

Plus the backwards indicator provides a instant identification of the ability.

Ok... so if I try to aim for the lead target indicator.. I end up in front of the enemy when he finishes his maneuver, if it behaved as physics should dictate, I would not be in his sights now, but to the side (assumes I approach from his side - the most noticeable)... Fair? Hardly.

Are you seriously telling me you've never popped someone mid-retro? I don't believe you, Crinn.

Honestly I think this is the least relevant thing ever. Technically I agree with you that it should always represent the ships vector and not the nose direction + velocity. However I personally believe we can file this at the very bottom of the Devs to-do list.

Here's why.

I am a huge Retro thruster user, If I can equip it I do equip it. So I feel qualified to speak to the topic. Retro thrusters are a single vector maneuver, you are stuck on the same line and even are forced to travel forwards on that same line for a second. For that moment you are completely vulnerable and your opponent should be taking that opportunity to begin shooting you as opposed to while you were back tracking. therefor it's my belief that you should never want to aim behind a ship using retros as the best time to shoot them is still in front of them.

Another thing, you example only applies to when you have a deflection shot set up and would be able to keep that shot during the retro, and not loose your target because of the retro. Based on how I normally use retro the usability of the rubber band lead marker would be extremely rare case where you might see an opportunity to use it on me.

Now I don't know so well how others use retros but based on my first point which is universal and my second which is more personal. Also combining the fact that retros are so rare. I believe that the lead fix is completely unnecessary.

Not from perpendicular angle, I just wait for them to pop back forwards rather than trying to track the maneuver.

Oh, you can totally smack them near the endpoint of the maneuver, where their velocity goes from lots to little to nothing to little and back to lots.

Making the lead reticule work properly would have an effect on that, but I'm late for school, so I'm not going to spend hours dissecting it just now.

This is why, you don't do a head-to-head with stuff that has more HP and shields that you.....

Unless you're a scout and pop evasive cooldowns...can't tell you how many times I've gone head to head in my SF against a scout and lost :p *Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss*

Unless you're a scout and pop evasive cooldowns...can't tell you how many times I've gone head to head in my SF against a scout and lost :p *Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss*

This is 2.6 not 2.5, and I would rather not have my survivability based on a RNG, particularly when I can just outmaneuver my target in a head-to-tail fight

...However I personally believe we can file this at the very bottom of the Devs to-do list.

Here's why.

I am a huge Retro thruster user, If I can equip it I do equip it...

So, do the gunships that spam ion railgun say that their favorite ability should get fixed? Not likely. How about the evasion nerf, how many scout pilots were begging for that? Not many. So you (as an avid retro user) are "qualified" to state your opinion, but your opinion is that "it's fine, leave it alone cause I use it." is a no-brainer. Of course you say that...

If you were shooting at something, and to hit it you had to (for 3 seconds of time) aim somewhere totally wrong and more jumpy than it should be, you would not complain? Not likely.