Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Australian Subscribers... Where is the love....?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Australian Subscribers... Where is the love....?

BennyBlaster
03.12.2012 , 05:58 PM | #1
And yet again.... server will be offline at 6pm tonight.... I thought WoW was bad with its timing but they at least normally give Australia until 10pm which allows you to do dailies after work etc... an australian server going offline at 6pm. Pretty clever...

Why not IP lock servers to stop US based players logging into AUS servers and vice versa and take the servers down at "off peak" times in all zones. A great time for Australian servers to go down for maintenance would be just as the US ones come back online...

As it is if you work here in Australia you only get 6 out of the 7 days you pay for available for play. It wouldn't be as bad if we only paid for 6/7 of the price but nope...

I have played WoW since release and if SWTOR maintains its current timing for taking down Australian Servers if it lasts as long as WoW has... It would be the same as paying for a whole year over the past 8 without being able to log in.... hardly a "Small Issue"

BennyBlaster
03.12.2012 , 06:00 PM | #2
On a positive note.... I love the 20ms latency I get for having a locally hosted server

Viscidslime
03.12.2012 , 06:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BennyBlaster View Post
And yet again.... server will be offline at 6pm tonight.... I thought WoW was bad with its timing but they at least normally give Australia until 10pm which allows you to do dailies after work etc... an australian server going offline at 6pm. Pretty clever...

Why not IP lock servers to stop US based players logging into AUS servers and vice versa and take the servers down at "off peak" times in all zones. A great time for Australian servers to go down for maintenance would be just as the US ones come back online...

As it is if you work here in Australia you only get 6 out of the 7 days you pay for available for play. It wouldn't be as bad if we only paid for 6/7 of the price but nope...

I have played WoW since release and if SWTOR maintains its current timing for taking down Australian Servers if it lasts as long as WoW has... It would be the same as paying for a whole year over the past 8 without being able to log in.... hardly a "Small Issue"

I'll trade you my play hours, for your beautiful beaches and even more stunning Women .. deal ?

BennyBlaster
03.12.2012 , 06:03 PM | #4
Will my ex-wife do? I'll even ship her to you free of charge... you just have to take over the child support payments...

Viscidslime
03.12.2012 , 06:06 PM | #5
Will my ex-wife do? I'll even ship her to you free of charge... you just have to take over the child support payments...

Hmmmmmm, only if we trade homes as well.. and you'll need to take my ex, sorry.. thats my final offer

Evuke
03.12.2012 , 06:20 PM | #6
hehehe silly aussies.....why did you let bioware charge you $80+ usd for TOR when we only paid $45 usd for it?

source: http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac...bPage.BN_SWTOR

imo y'all should be getting more love if you're willing to pay almost double the price for games

cughin
03.12.2012 , 06:42 PM | #7
um im aussie and got mine for $50 aud...its called buying online, and just a side note... our min wage is not $8 like usa ours is $15.50 per hour, and our dollar is stronger, so we can really afford to pay more if we feel like it
Cughin (Lieutenant FM)
Shadow Sith | Oceanic PvP/PvE Sith Guild

Guild Website | SWTOR Thread | SWTOR Site | Recruitment Vid

NoxiousAlby
03.12.2012 , 06:45 PM | #8

This is the price we pay for local servers, meh.........it's 1 day a week, watch a movie, go to the pub, see some mates, reacquaint yourself with what your wife/girlfriend looks like, smell a flower or talk to another person.

NoxiousAlby
03.12.2012 , 06:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
hehehe silly aussies.....why did you let bioware charge you $80+ usd for TOR when we only paid $45 usd for it?

source: http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac...bPage.BN_SWTOR

imo y'all should be getting more love if you're willing to pay almost double the price for games
Booming economy havent you heard? Never have so many Europeans wanted to come to the land down under and take our jobs. Latest figures in places like italy, Spain, Greece (and a few others I cant remember) are showing between 30% - 40% unemployment for degree qualified graduates. Strong aussie dollar, why shouldnt BW/EA charge us more....we can afford it plus theres the tyranny of distance.

BennyBlaster
03.12.2012 , 06:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
This is the price we pay for local servers, meh.........it's 1 day a week, watch a movie, go to the pub, see some mates, reacquaint yourself with what your wife/girlfriend looks like, smell a flower or talk to another person.
as I said... "If" SWTOR stays up for 7 years or more.... its 1 year out of 7 it would be down for people in this region... or 14.3% of the available time... In any case they should just give people based in regions like this a 10-15% discount for subscription fees to compensate for the non supply of service. I understand that if they want to take all the servers down at the same time... and that time fitting in with the majority of subscribers... but those of us who do not live in the US should not be rated as 2nd class simply because of our geographic location.

Either discount our subscriptions or give us FULL service... I as with many players I talk to would prefer to pay full price but simply be able to play when we want to...