Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats wrong with my CPU?

TalkingDinosaur
03.12.2012 , 04:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rathral View Post
AMD Phenom II X6 1605T
Nvidia GTX 550 TI
750 PSU
8gb ram
Windows 7 Home premium

The problem is most people who have my type of graphics say they are running 60fps-100fps.. The problem is Im only getting like 40-80 and when im in WZ/fleet its like 20 FPS.
I feel sorry for you...
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Rathral
03.12.2012 , 04:50 PM | #12
Ok but my graphics card inside is like very hot dont know why... could this effect some fps

RabidScoobie
03.12.2012 , 04:53 PM | #13
Ok but my graphics card inside is like very hot dont know why... could this effect some fps
Yes heat can affect you fps,but just reaching in and touching it isnt telling you anything since a card can run anywheres from *40c to *80c (104f-175f).You need to use some software to find out just how hot its getting.

My 470 stays around 60ish while in SWTOR,but Im running an aftermarket cooler on mine.Im using a Prolimatech MK-13 with 2 120mm fans,BF3 only hits around 52c max,again no AA on.Im kinda old school with no AA from my FPS competitive days.

Rathral
03.12.2012 , 04:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RabidScoobie View Post
Yes heat can affect you fps,but just reaching in and touching it isnt telling you anything since a card can run anywheres from *40c to *80c (104f-175f).You need to use some software to find out just how hot its getting.
Recommendations?

KrimzonWarrior
03.12.2012 , 04:56 PM | #15
Recommendations?
Well, at least for Radeon cards Catalyst Control Center gives you temperatures. Honestly, if it is running anywhere near 100 degrees Fahrenheit running SWTOR, then your GPU fan must be broken. No reason it should be that hot.

RabidScoobie
03.12.2012 , 04:57 PM | #16
Recommendations?
EVGA Precision works good but be careful cause the software will also overclock/underclock you card.It will monitor your GPU's temp,ram usuage and FPS while gaming.

RabidScoobie
03.12.2012 , 04:59 PM | #17
He is running an Nvidia card and some of those can hit 80+c which would be around 175f,and Nvidia says that is safe,not my preference.I like mine 60c or below but thats just me.I dunno about ATI

Niizmo
03.12.2012 , 05:22 PM | #18
Its your cpu for sure. There some of the worst performing cpu's you can buy. There cheap for a reason. Also its not a true 6 core cpu. Your 550 ti isn't the best but is enough for this game.

KatPhish
03.12.2012 , 05:34 PM | #19
canned air. my wife is always bringing me home some that she "picks up" from work. i use it alot to get all the dust out. sometimes i use a vacuum cleaner, (keeping the actual vacuum as far away from your PC as possible) and use the hose. I bet your graphic's card fan is full of dust, but just give your whole computer a through cleaning. you could say i have OCD but i clean my PC at least twice a month. the cooler it is the smoother it will run.

Dirty computer

I would not recommend using a high powered air hose like he does in the video though.
227 and counting

blowmedown
03.12.2012 , 05:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Niizmo View Post
Its your cpu for sure. There some of the worst performing cpu's you can buy. There cheap for a reason. Also its not a true 6 core cpu. Your 550 ti isn't the best but is enough for this game.
I approve this message a i3 2100 will out game that chip.