Whats wrong with my CPU?

Rathral

AMD Phenom II X6 1605T

Nvidia GTX 550 TI

750 PSU

8gb ram

Windows 7 Home premium

The problem is most people who have my type of graphics say they are running 60fps-100fps.. The problem is Im only getting like 40-80 and when im in WZ/fleet its like 20 FPS.

I believe you have a six core processor so that shouldn't be whats holding you back. As for you video card, a 550 is a low-mid range card and is most likely the cause of your "low" fps. Edited by Tommass

I have a AMD Phenom II x4 970, nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti, 8 gigs ram and windows 7 and 60-100 fps is what i get.

just asking, is the inside of you computer clean? the fans and vent holes can get plugged with dust and cause it to over heat which could cause loss of fps.

I have a AMD Phenom II x4 970, nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti, 8 gigs ram and windows 7 and 60-100 fps is what i get.

just asking, is the inside of you computer clean? the fans and vent holes can get plugged with dust and cause it to over heat which could cause loss of fps.

Well my processor does heat ALOT and it does make a loud noise when I turn my P/C on and play games.

AMD Phenom II X6 1605T

Nvidia GTX 550 TI

750 PSU

8gb ram

Windows 7 Home premium

The problem is most people who have my type of graphics say they are running 60fps-100fps.. The problem is Im only getting like 40-80 and when im in WZ/fleet its like 20 FPS.

I'm running a build that is quite similar to yours, and thus must comment that nothing seems out of place here.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055t

Radeon 5770 x 2

8gb RAM

700w PSU

7200RPM HDD

Note that though these phenoms are both hexacore parts, this game does not scale to six cores. Also, I have two 5770s. The 5770 is quite comparable to the 550ti, both are low-midrange GPUs. Though I have two in Crossfire, this game doesn't seem to support crossfire. (I actually get slightly higher fps when I disable crossfire, weirdly enough)

And ya, in most respects intel is just better. I only bought this AMD chip in late 2010 when I put this rig together because $200 for six cores is an awesome deal. Not unhappy with it by any means, but ya it won't match an i7-2700k and probably not even an i5-2500k except in games that can take advantage of all six cores. (Battlefield 3 runs beautifully)

Anyway, with all those specs I typically get around 45-60fps in planets, slightly better in flashpoints, and around 20fps in fleet.

You are about where you should be.

When I was running my AMD 955 X4 8gb ram EVGA 470 I was getting around 50-70fps but I built my new system Intel i5-2500 8gb ram and same video card for now until the 600 series comes out and I now get easily 80-100+ fps.

Intel has always produced better fps in MMO's than AMD,Dont get me wrong I have been an AMD user for years but this i5 is much smoother than my 955 was.Only reason I went intel is i gave my amd to my son and for an Intel i5-2500k from Microcenter was only $170 vs anything AMD had.

Edit:I dont use AA,dont feel its needed here

Edited by RabidScoobie

Well my processor does heat ALOT and it does make a loud noise when I turn my P/C on and play games.

At least for the 1055t, the stock cooler it came with kept mine around 40 celsius when IDLE and howled like a banshee, very loud little bastard.

So I recently switched to the Hyper 212 Plus cooler, which is pretty cheap. My chip now idles around 28 celsius and even under load when playing battlefield 3 or crysis 2 never tops 40 degrees, which is what the stock cooler previously made the chip idle at lol.

It also runs waaaay quieter. Can barely hear it. As opposed to stock, which I could hear through my damn headphones.

AMD Phenom II X6 1605T

Nvidia GTX 550 TI

750 PSU

8gb ram

Windows 7 Home premium

I feel sorry for you...

Ok but my graphics card inside is like very hot dont know why... could this effect some fps

Yes heat can affect you fps,but just reaching in and touching it isnt telling you anything since a card can run anywheres from *40c to *80c (104f-175f).You need to use some software to find out just how hot its getting.

My 470 stays around 60ish while in SWTOR,but Im running an aftermarket cooler on mine.Im using a Prolimatech MK-13 with 2 120mm fans,BF3 only hits around 52c max,again no AA on.Im kinda old school with no AA from my FPS competitive days.

Edited by RabidScoobie

Yes heat can affect you fps,but just reaching in and touching it isnt telling you anything since a card can run anywheres from *40c to *80c (104f-175f).You need to use some software to find out just how hot its getting.

Recommendations?

canned air. my wife is always bringing me home some that she "picks up" from work. i use it alot to get all the dust out. sometimes i use a vacuum cleaner, (keeping the actual vacuum as far away from your PC as possible) and use the hose. I bet your graphic's card fan is full of dust, but just give your whole computer a through cleaning. you could say i have OCD but i clean my PC at least twice a month. the cooler it is the smoother it will run.

I would not recommend using a high powered air hose like he does in the video though.

Its your cpu for sure. There some of the worst performing cpu's you can buy. There cheap for a reason. Also its not a true 6 core cpu. Your 550 ti isn't the best but is enough for this game.

I approve this message a i3 2100 will out game that chip.

Edited by blowmedown

canned air. my wife is always bringing me home some that she "picks up" from work. i use it alot to get all the dust out. sometimes i use a vacuum cleaner, (keeping the actual vacuum as far away from your PC as possible) and use the hose. I bet your graphic's card fan is full of dust, but just give your whole computer a through cleaning. you could say i have OCD but i clean my PC at least twice a month. the cooler it is the smoother it will run.

I would not recommend using a high powered air hose like he does in the video though.

Always hold the fan still when using air for cleaning it can burn out your bearing/sleave in the fan by turning to many RPM's when you do that.

Edited by blowmedown

Well, I have phenom II x4 925 and gtx 560 Ti and it really seems this game hates AMD CPU for some reason (Hero Engine for the lose), I get around 10-15 fps during fights in 16 man EV and KP, 20 in WZ, Ilum is not even worth mentioning on Very Low settings, it's simply obnoxious, if I weren't a big fan of both Star Wars and Bioware, I'd throw this game in the trash heap. Sure, the fps are good when it comes to levelling and 4 man content, but what about real MMO stuff, like Warzones, Fleet, 16 man raids and Ilum - pretty much unbearable performance. Not only that, I have my task manager and cpu-z open all the time to measure cpu usage during terrible performance and guess what - the game only uses 70% of cpu max, it's like it doesn't even know I have quad core inside. And GPU intensive? It's pretty much sitting at 50% gpu usage, my 560 Ti is sleeping.

Every other game runs perfectly on my system, Mass Effect 3 with Unreal Engine 3.0 having much better graphics than the cartoony SWTOR runs like a charm - 60+ fps all the time, but SWTOR pretty much demands i5 2500k (possibly even overclocked) to get high fps on High settings. This game baffles me on so many levels it's not funny anymore. Outdated graphics and unoptimized engine demanding expensive rigs to run it - not a very good attraction for potential customers, one of the reasons WoW is/was so successful is because it can run on toasters.