Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which crystal for leveling sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Sentinel
Which crystal for leveling sentinel

Umbren
01.24.2013 , 04:21 PM | #1
Which +41 crystal should I use for a leveling sentinel, power or crit?

Ryat
01.24.2013 , 11:12 PM | #2
Doesn't really matter too much during leveling. I actually used Power in one saber and Endurance in another. Still do have that set up.

Racter
01.26.2013 , 01:40 PM | #3
2x Power by a long shot.

Slightrider
02.08.2013 , 11:49 AM | #4
Tried endurance. Switched to power and crit, big difference, much better. Looking for another power crystal.
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

SpoeMeister
02.15.2013 , 06:21 AM | #5
I usually go for +82 crit (2 crystals). I play Watchman and this, with the 15% crit chance in Juyo Mastery and Insight in the Focus tree, adds a good amount of burst and healing (even though nerfed).

I'm L43 now and I have a base crit chance of 36,xx%. With Juyo Mastery, my DoTs have a 52,xx% chance of critting with 5 stacks of Juyo. Next to that, you can add a +crit adrenal and + crit relic. So the first wave of dots will crit almost every time, then you pop Zen for your second wave of DoT's and that's some good damage to kill anyone.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Tommot
02.15.2013 , 08:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
I usually go for +82 crit (2 crystals). I play Watchman and this, with the 15% crit chance in Juyo Mastery and Insight in the Focus tree, adds a good amount of burst and healing (even though nerfed).

I'm L43 now and I have a base crit chance of 36,xx%. With Juyo Mastery, my DoTs have a 52,xx% chance of critting with 5 stacks of Juyo. Next to that, you can add a +crit adrenal and + crit relic. So the first wave of dots will crit almost every time, then you pop Zen for your second wave of DoT's and that's some good damage to kill anyone.
And once you pop Zen, all that crit becomes useless. Which is why I prefer power over crit.

But for leveling, really any of them are nice to have.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |