Bounty hunter vs sith lore

lizzil

Hey, so in every rpg i play i always struggle with the lore regarding classes fighting. Regarding swtor im wondering if lore wise could a bounty hunter ever actually could go toe to toe with a sith. I love the gameplay with bounty hunters way more but feeling immensly weaker than the sith or jedi classes is bugging the hell outta my nerdiness

Depends on a number of factors, does the Bounty Hunter have the element of surprise, how good is the Sith/Jedi with his lightsaber, how strong and well trained in the force is the Sith/Jedi, is the Bounty Hunter using a Vibrosword or blasters, how good id the Bounty Hunter with his weapon, any terrain bonus or edge possessed by either.

If the Bounty Hunter has the element of surprise he/she might kill the Sith before they realise they're under attack.

The skill of the Sith with either Force or Lightsaber might give the Sith an advantage, especially if the BH is using a vibrosword, however they can also reflect blaster bolts as well. But if the BH has an edge then this can turn the battle in his favour, examples include missiles, flame throwers, special swords that disrupt lightsaber (actually canon), Ysalmari (tree symbionts that create bubbles were the force doesn't exist). Also some species perform better in certain environments, nautolans have an advantage in aquatic and semi-aquatic area's, sand people have the edge in deserts, etc.

However there are numerous examples in the books and graphic novels of Bounty Hunters taking down force users, Nomi Sunrider's husband (A Jedi) was killed by a hired thug with a poisonous pet, Mandaloreans killed thousands of Jedi during Revan's era, and many more.

Thanks for the reply:) i guess what keeps me from feeling like an ultimate ****** is that when you take the most powetful jedi or sith and the most effective bounty hunter and pit them against eachother the force user always wins. At least id think so.

Thanks for the reply:) i guess what keeps me from feeling like an ultimate ****** is that when you take the most powetful jedi or sith and the most effective bounty hunter and pit them against eachother the force user always wins. At least id think so.

As an addition, Braden, the Bounty Hunter's teacher, once killed the Grand Master of the Jedi Order (Zym), and Boba Fett fought several different Force users, including Darth Vader, and lived to tell the tale.

If its the most powerful sith of a given era , that is able to materialize things,just by thinking about them- like the bounty hunter dieing because his lungs collapse and his heart stopping instantly then no,the hunter can't kill the sith.

However if the sith needs to come close and use the lightsaber and needs to use more visible force powers like lightning or needs 1 or 2 seconds to make some visible gesture with the hand in order to do something with the force, then the hunter has a chance if he is an expert and has experience with force users.

Jedi are even easier.

Edited by Kaedusz