Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kineticly Balanced spec 2.0

uziforyou
03.21.2013 , 12:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Moriganno View Post
If you dont have any defensive stats like absorb/shield. Basically you are a glass cannon, without the cannon.
That's what I would think too no matter whether it's PvP or PvE.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

THEFERRARICARGUY
03.21.2013 , 03:12 PM | #12
Oh my god not another stupid kinetic/balance hybrid. When will bioware buff balance again so I can actually have fun in pvp?

UltimateKrucible
03.22.2013 , 06:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by THEFERRARICARGUY View Post
Oh my god not another stupid kinetic/balance hybrid. When will bioware buff balance again so I can actually have fun in pvp?
Yep, this - so tired of getting hits that barely reach 4000k while smashmonkeys run riot.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Moonheart_S
03.25.2013 , 08:19 AM | #14
I'm trying to understand...
How this build is so different of the live 27/1/13 : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...rskbZzZf0cRM.2 ?

Actually, very few people use the 27/1/13 because it actualy perform poorly compared to the basic 31/0/10.
The problem? While using Double Strike to reset Project and charge Harnesses Shadows, and adding Force in Balance at top of this seems good on paper, when testing it throught parsers, we see that it is not at all.

Double Strike and Project cost in fact a lot compared to Slow Time to charge your Harnessed Shadows.
You need 7 rounds in average and 221 force point to get the 3 charges this way, while, with Slow Time, you need only 6 rounds and 99 force points to get them.
So, when using this approach you quickly reach a moment where your boosted Telekinetic Throw rate of use is limited by force regeneration instead of skill timers: after the first TK, you'll be force depleted, and need 10-11 rounds to charge it again, and this is if you don't use FIB nor any control skill (in pvp, that means a quick death).

So, what exactly, in your mind, changed in 2.0 that makes it suddently better than a Slow Time build?

dacentabaal
04.04.2013 , 02:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Moonheart_S View Post
Actually, very few people use the 27/1/13 because it actualy perform poorly compared to the basic 31/0/10.
I use 31/0/10 myself on both my Sin and Shadow with a Shield generator for PvP and switch to 2/31/8 build for when im doing Ops/HM's (Still wearing shield gen) so not to pull the extra agro from the tanks
Tamworth - England (I don't like or drink Tea)
The Progenitor RP English Server
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

Moonheart_S
04.04.2013 , 02:37 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
I use 31/0/10 myself on both my Sin and Shadow with a Shield generator for PvP and switch to 2/31/8 build for when im doing Ops/HM's (Still wearing shield gen) so not to pull the extra agro from the tanks
Hu... ok, and how this does relate to the current topic?