black screen weirdness?

Phalactyr

hey there guys, whenever i'm playing swtor after a few hours the game will go to a grey screen, then flicks back to a black screen, makes a sound as if an error has occurred (which i believe is it saying something about a video driver failure error or something like that, having very briefly seen the pop up, flash once before) then the mouse turns into the standard windows mouse, and then the screen permanently stays black. control alt delete, alt enter nothing works just stays at black screen. the mouse moves but nothing i press changes its response. can anyone help me with this?

i play the game in fullscreen (windowed) mode

thank you

Try playing in normal full-screen (not windowed) mode. Failing that, play in a large window (but not full-screen(windowed) ). "Full-screen" and "Full-screen (windowed)" are NOT the same thing.

Check your graphics drivers - there are ugly rumours about some of the more recent nVidia drivers.

Turn down the "grass" rendering level to ZERO in the game options.

Clean dust out of the heat-sink of your graphics card - this interferes with keeping the chips cool.

Same for the heat-sink on your CPU

Log out from time to time to let the CPU and graphics card have a chance to cool off.