I am worried about this game

ShockkWave

All I am reading in forums is the game is dying and people are dropping like flys. I don't want to believe that but I log on every night for at least 4 hrs and I am starting to get worried. The population is in decline, if I go to a planet, the most players they may have on there is 7-10. Fleet has dropped down to 50 at peak hrs. Is all the talk true? I love this game but I am not liking what I am seeing. Do they need to merge servers? Well someone wrote that they won't cuz it will mess with toons name if someone else already has the name. Well if that's the only little problem I think that can be fixed easy just by adding extra letters. To your name. One game I was shockwave, the other shockkwave. Stuff works out. I talk to other guilds and they are dying at an alarming right. Bioware I love y'all. But dont mess around with this. Start pumping out the patches ASAP. Listen to what people are saying. Don't come at us and say we are gonna have that in the works at the end of the year, It might be to late then. Maybe try a mobile armory app, and when you do put in a dungeon AKA FP finder, it has to be cross realm. Not enough people on the servers to make a difference if it's server only Edited by ShockkWave

Another solution would be to create new server destinations for the merge, that way the active players have first dibs on their names and surnames.

There's no sense in preserving the names of a player that is gone and will never return, just saying.

Overall I think people need to be patient this game has not even been out six months. If you absolutely can't handle the queue times make an alt on The Fatman or The Swiftsure or another well populated server. That should hold you over until server merges are available.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

I participate in gaming forums and chat channels since the early 90s. I think I've seen it all, from the uplifting posts to the death threat ones. From what I can read in the SWTOR forum, things didn't change that much.

There's a new generation of gamers but some of them repeat the same mistakes and patterns: supposed facts when they're only speculations, hyperboles, "the game is dying" threads for EVERY games they try, non-constructive posts, seeking attention posts, crazy posts, pure trolling, the constant whiners who keep playing the game for years, etc.

Imo, this game isn't dying at all. Yes, some server populations seem to fluctuate. I expect that in every online games. Imo, SWTOR appears to die because of two main issues:

-the high number of servers (240+)

-the required short amount of time to reach endgame.

In every mmos I've tried, I've never seen so many servers and I've never leveled so fast. Those two combined factors seem to make some players play less for the last weeks. It makes appear that SWTOR is dying.

From what I've read on many websites, the estimated SWTOR population seems to be around 1.7-2.0 millions. This is great for such a young mmo compared to other last generation mmos. This is only my view on SWTOR. If you don't care, just don't.

I wouldn't worry forums hold maybe 1-2% of the actual population. I am from port nowhere and at peak hours there is 100+ in IF and on weekends it stays pretty busy. I will say other servers are probably lacking players and that is why they are going to be doing cross server PvP and transfers. I think what happened is BW made it too easy to get to 50...it only took me about a month and I work full time. WoW took me just 3 months to get to 40 at the same pace.

Plenty of reason to be worried here.

Documented bugs by players are being ignored and are not listed anywhere.

Crafting is rather pointless to do when you reach the end of the game.

Credits are beyond plentiful.

The codex itself is broken.

When you start to look at the baselines of things you begin to see the downfall of the game faster than anyone would like. I was looking forward to the endgame content being difficult and challenging with friends. My friends reached 50 in a matter of weeks from release and are never on anymore. I can't pay for a game to be a complete bug list with no response.

I wanted to play all the classes, learn the storyline between each character. Play for Light and Dark side characters for each. I don't see the point in doing so if the game won't be around til 2013.

You can never make anyone happy all the time. when transfers are possible, you are going to see allot of rage because people have the name Bob will now loose it because they have to move off the home server.

My server is teaming with people. they lagg me allot but god bless them, they love the game like me and hammer away at it having fun each day. the servers are in decline but with so many and a merge or transfer we will get a steady balance i'm sure.

I'm kind of biased on this issue because i'm on a heavy pop server so I do feel your pain if you rolled to get a good name, then have to give it up one of these days.

All I am reading in forums is the game is dying and people are dropping like flys. I don't want to believe that but I log on every night for at least 4 hrs and I am starting to get worried. The population is in decline, if I go to a planet, the most players they may have on there is 7-10. Fleet has dropped down to 50 at peak hrs. Is all the talk true? I love this game but I am not liking what I am seeing. Do they need to merge servers? Well someone wrote that they won't cuz it will mess with toons name if someone else already has the name. Well if that's the only little problem I think that can be fixed easy just by adding extra letters. To your name. One game I was shockwave, the other shockkwave. Stuff works out. I talk to other guilds and they are dying at an alarming right. Bioware I love y'all. But dont mess around with this. Start pumping out the patches ASAP. Listen to what people are saying. Don't come at us and say we are gonna have that in the works at the end of the year, It might be to late then. Maybe try a mobile armory app, and when you do put in a dungeon AKA FP finder, it has to be cross realm. Not enough people on the servers to make a difference if it's server only

True. On our server I've seen pops decreasing. Use to be over 100 on the Republic fleet at peak times. Now it's about 50-70 :( even with the free month.

I wouldn't worry forums hold maybe 1-2% of the actual population. I am from port nowhere and at peak hours there is 100+ in IF and on weekends it stays pretty busy. I will say other servers are probably lacking players and that is why they are going to be doing cross server PvP and transfers. I think what happened is BW made it too easy to get to 50...it only took me about a month and I work full time. WoW took me just 3 months to get to 40 at the same pace.

If only our server had the number of people that post in the forums......yes one server vs. a billion, but that is the crux of the matter.

I wanted to play all the classes, learn the storyline between each character. Play for Light and Dark side characters for each. I don't see the point in doing so if the game won't be around til 2013.

That makes no sense whatsoever, not to mention there isn't one MMO that I can think of that was ever shut down a year after launch.

Edited by VicSkimmr

I'm from The Shadow Runnter (EU) and at peak times there are some 30 online on the Imperial Fleet. The situation on the Republic Fleet seems to be even worse. Most planets have 2-5 active players, although I've also been the only player on a planet on several occasions. As much as I try and keep faith in the game, the fact that the server doesn't even have enough raiders for ONE 16-man raid is quite demotivating... sigh.

Lol, I read IF as Ironforge. Old habits die hard ;)

Edited by Sauska

I wanted to cry because my mind read IF as Ironforge.