Your Feedback Please

Nieky

Hi All,

Looking at creating a Scoundrel and wanted some feedback.

Essentially I want to make this character a healer, therefore will be going up the Sawbones tree. Firstly I want to know if a Sawbones healer is viable in PvE. Alot of threads around here speak to PvP healing, however, I will primarily want to use this healer for PvE Endgame Ops.

For leveling purposes, which tree is best to dump my skill points into? Examples of Specs would be appreciated. I. In addition if you could post rotations it would help. I saw that resource management is very important for Scoundrel.

Thanks guys

In my experience, healing is a bit rough till you get to slow release medpack. After that it's fairly manageable, then it becomes even better in the 30s once you get emergency medpack.

I can't think of any particular rotation, I sorta make it up as I go along, but try and keep your energy above 60 and keep pugnacity on you at all times. Save cool head for when you need burst healing, like you know that you will have to go below optimum energy.

Hi All,

Looking at creating a Scoundrel and wanted some feedback.

Essentially I want to make this character a healer, therefore will be going up the Sawbones tree. Firstly I want to know if a Sawbones healer is viable in PvE. Alot of threads around here speak to PvP healing, however, I will primarily want to use this healer for PvE Endgame Ops.

For leveling purposes, which tree is best to dump my skill points into? Examples of Specs would be appreciated. I. In addition if you could post rotations it would help. I saw that resource management is very important for Scoundrel.

Thanks guys

To answer your first question regarding viability in end game ops the answer is 100% yes, we have great raid healing with our hots (albeit not as strong as say a sage for big AoE) were ours is more or less used to top people off/keep them in a safe zone. We have amazing burst healing on people with our hots followed up with a UHM/+EM. I find that most of the time once you get into let's say columni/rakata unless someone is hurting bad that just keep a 2 stack of SRM and spamming diagnostic scan is enough to keep most people up.

To answer your second question, when i leveled i did it as scrapper until late 30s (~37) although you can definately take it to 50, i just found it to be easier and basically cruise control to switch to sawbones at that level since stuff starts having more hp and dealing more damage, to sit back keep hots rolling on a companion and just letting them do the work ( you can also obviously supply some damage). Some people even go sawbones and then drop the points into scrapper for sucker punch for a little extra damage or the exact opposite (scrapper with enough points into sawbones to get SRM)

I levelled up all the way to 50 as a Sawbones. The only things I didn't take from the Sawbones tree were Anatomy Lessons, Sedatives and Scramble. Add three points in Survivor's Scars from Scrapper and the other three in No Holds Barred from Dirty Fighting. The critical thing in your rotation is to keep a couple of stacks of Upper Hand around, so you can burn one for faster energy regeneration or for an Emergency Medpac once you've got that. Emergency Medpac btw is awesome because you can keep casting it indefinitely on targets under 30% of health; since while it costs one stack of UH it also grants you one back - at least after you take Emergent Emergencies.

My normal approach at mid-levels would be to drop SRMP on your companion at the start of the fight. Drop a second on them when that runs down, and you'll restart the timer on them. If you aren't getting Upper Hand out of it, you'll probably have to drop UWM, although I've been known to do a Blaster Whip on an enemy or two. Keep dropping a SRMP on when it is close to running out, and use Diagnostic Scan if your energy is low or UWM when it isn't.

Emergency Medpac adds a twist, as using it when you've only one UH will hurt your healing badly. On the other hand with three stacks it's almost spammable, especially if the target(s) for your healing have SRMP up and you're getting UH back from that. Give priority to keeping SRMP up, and save UWM for big heals.

For companions, once you have them I prefer Bowdaar to Corso and Akaavi to anyone. While Risha burns targets down really fast, she also doesn't seem to survive as well as Akaavi or draw as much fire from me. Though if you sit in cover a lot of the time and pop out mostly to heal, it does mean that having enemies targeting you isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

So from the sounds of it, leveling as Sawbones is an option, basically get your companion in there to take on the mobs while I sit back and heal.

Anyone have any Sawbones builds they can post? I want to make sure i'm not wasting points.

Thanks again for your help

Anyone have any Sawbones builds they can post? I want to make sure i'm not wasting points.

Thanks again for your help

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MffrzGoRzsZMcoZu.2

This is the ONLY build I use for healing on my scoundrel. I don't bother with Med Screen because our defense screen only absorbs like 3k damage, and you should pop it before you take damage, so 15% inc healing isn't going to help you out when it breaks so easily.

Reasoning Behind Point Distribution

I split points into Brawler's Grit and Black Market Mods because there's no reason to pick up scramble, anatomy lessons, sedatives, or med screen in the sawbones tree. 10% movement speed won't do you a lot of good in PvE (the only time I see it useful would be at 60% in NiM EC Kephess, but there's usually a transcendence for that), you shouldn't be dotting things when healing, trash pulls aren't difficult enough to need sedatives (the only time I use tranquilizer), for med screen, look above.

I could take the point out of Brawler's Grit and the 2 points out of Element of Suprise and put 1 into Black Market Mods and 2 into Dirty Escape, OR put 1 into Black Market Mods, 1 into Mortal Wound, and 1 into Open Wound, but again, you shouldn't be dotting while healing.

Hope this helps, sorry if it's a little confusing, didn't get much sleep last night. :)

Edited by Thorriin