How do i grind social points without LFG in a resonable way?

SuperomegaOP

I was stupid and didn't grind my social points because all the gear was light(useless for my class) until now, and with the nerf to social grind its become very hard to get them,

LFG takes a few hours and when i ask for people for HM esseles on fleet no1 wants to go

doing dailies with guildies is alright but its not going to cut it after social 3 (im social 1 right now) it would take months

what do?

Edited by SuperomegaOP

I was stupid and didn't grind my social points because all the gear was light(useless for my class) until now, and with the nerf to social grind its become very hard to get them,

LFG takes a few hours and when i ask for people for HM esseles on fleet no1 wants to go

doing dailies with guildies is alright but its not going to cut it after social 3 (im social 1 right now) it would take months

what do?

That's because you are asking for HM Esseles. If you want to grind social just do Esseles reg. You'll find groups a lot faster. Works for me.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

That's because you are asking for HM Esseles. If you want to grind social just do Esseles reg. You'll find groups a lot faster. Works for me.

thats the nerf im talking about, cant do regular esseles now for social points, at-least not at 50.

thats the nerf im talking about, cant do regular esseles now for social points, at-least not at 50.

Really, you can't run it at all? I mean, I knew that you couldn't use the LFG tool but I didn't know you were locked out of running it altogether. That sucks ***.

Really, you can't run it at all? I mean, I knew that you couldn't use the LFG tool but I didn't know you were locked out of running it altogether. That sucks ***.

you can run it like normal its just that convos wont give social points above lv 14ish

anyway im asking to see if there is another way

Why wouldn't you want to use LFG? Currently you can get loads of social points from any FP, now that killing bosses gives them. Full clear of any flashpoint will likely give more social points than Esseles used to.

Only patch note related to social points is one introducing those points from bosses, and stating that you have to at peoper level to gain them. No word about any change to conversation gains.

you can run it like normal its just that convos wont give social points above lv 14ish

Whhhaaat? Wow. If this is true... that's gotta be one of the most mean spirited nerfs I've seen in a long time. Someone needs to go run one real quick to check!

Edited by Polebreaker

***??? Why on earth did they remove this? If this is true, this is one hell of a balls-up. They even acknowledge social point gain is very very low at the moment. So what do they do? Make it even worse.

Try grouping in the open world and questing. I've been playing with a friend since level 1 and we've gotten lots of social points

anyway im asking to see if there is another way

What? I thought that limitation was only for getting Social Points for fighting the Bosses (the addition for soloists). Why did they make it a blanket restriction? That's absolute bull! I guess they don't want anyone to repeat any of the FPs until they are level 50 and can do HMs. Again, WTH?

Edited by Blackavaar

Try grouping in the open world and questing. I've been playing with a friend since level 1 and we've gotten lots of social points

They even acknowledge social point gain is very very low at the moment.

Missed what i said, so i reposted it.

It's hard to find someone is at exactly the same point as you are in the progression of a world and few players ever want to go back and help you do things they already did and/or players that you do find that are at the same point in progression have more limited play time than you do, so you start out and then end up in the middle of a series.

The only time I can reliably duo or trio is when my friends are online. Otherwise I can only get groups for Heroics. And most people you group up with for Heroics leave the moment the mission is over.

Repeating FPs was the only reliable way to farm social points, but maybe that's it. We called it farming and MMO devs don't like farming because they consider it an exploit. So **** us. If we can't get social points it's our own damn fault for not having more friends that can play at exactly the same time as we do.

To be fair, the extremely linear leveling path combined with the fact that you must not only do a quest with someone but also pick it up and/or turn it in together, makes it really hard for most players to "just do quests with other people!" to get social points.

If that is true about Esseles, I am quite disappointed. Oh well, not like I can wear social gear on my 50 anyway, thank you useful but untransferrable set bonuses. :p But I will have to remember to spam Esseles as soon as I make it to the fleet on my next character; there are a couple of Social I/II pieces I'd like her to wear.

The fact is, the VAST MAJORITY of players dont even have Social II by the time they hit 50. Why is this? Because there is very little reason right now, to do a flashpoint more than once. And whats more, is that doing a flashpoint is so far away from the normal missions, majority of players do not do any flashpoints after Black Talon/Esseles simply because it is considered 'out of their way'. Yes, even those shuttles with the flashpoint mission npc sitting in the mission zone, is still considered to be out of their way as they have to stop what they are doing to complete it. Group Finder is irrelevant as finding a group for a single mid level flashpoint can take hours.

As for doing missions together, that requires both players be online at the exact same time, for the exact same length of time, doing the exact same missions, at the exact same speed. And if one of those two players have RL issues, the other player either cannot play or suffer getting ahead of their friend. Worse part is, if one player wants to complete their class missions on a planet, and the other prefers doing the planet missions... one has to compromise or split up.

The planets have to align to make this happen.

And the way mission dialogue functions - if you do not like a choice your friend has made (no two people are 100% the same in their viewpoints) you either have to simply deal with it or interact with the mission giver solo.

The fact is, the VAST MAJORITY of players dont even have Social II by the time they hit 50. Why is this? Because there is very little reason right now, to do a flashpoint more than once. And whats more, is that doing a flashpoint is so far away from the normal missions, majority of players do not do any flashpoints after Black Talon/Esseles simply because it is considered 'out of their way'. Yes, even those shuttles with the flashpoint mission npc sitting in the mission zone, is still considered to be out of their way as they have to stop what they are doing to complete it. Group Finder is irrelevant as finding a group for a single mid level flashpoint can take hours.

As for doing missions together, that requires both players be online at the exact same time, for the exact same length of time, doing the exact same missions, at the exact same speed. And if one of those two players have RL issues, the other player either cannot play or suffer getting ahead of their friend. Worse part is, if one player wants to complete their class missions on a planet, and the other prefers doing the planet missions... one has to compromise or split up.

The planets have to align to make this happen.

And the way mission dialogue functions - if you do not like a choice your friend has made (no two people are 100% the same in their viewpoints) you either have to simply deal with it or interact with the mission giver solo.

Very well said.

There is very little reason to even have max Social level in my opinion. The rewards are just not great to me. I do have one character that is max level but he level from 1 to 50 always grouped. A friend of mine missed getting max and I helped him max by repeating higher level Heroics and a few FP's.

I would have liked to have seen as much attention go into Social as was put into Legacy.

The social point system will be getting a major revamp in the future and many of our systems will be going Legacy-wide, though whether social is one of them is still under discussion. In the meantime, Game Update 1.3 will bring social points to all Flashpoint and Operation boss kills, meaning far more social points just for being social and playing with friends.

/10chars