Renown Crates Are Worthless

Korithras

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why im weird like this.....but i get excited when i see the renown rank noty pop up. After doing all the dailies and such, its christmas time for me. If its junk or good items, i dont care. Its all beneficial one way or another. Edited by HiltoftheDragon

I dont know why im weird like this.....but i get excited when i see the renown rank noty pop up. After doing all the dailies and such, its christmas time for me. If its junk or good items, i dont care. Its all beneficial one way or another.
I disintegrate as much as I can to convert it into renown points to cut down my grind.

After you get to 999 Renown and iRating 306, all those boxes and drops you get become just a pain in the butt to vendor after each flashpoint, etc.

These days, I purposely uncheck at least one option in Veteran and Master mode GF FPs so that I don't get all that extra daily reward junk.

🤔

(I'm doing the FPs for grins and personal/guild CQ points.)

Hopefully at some future point we can go back to having less junk to wade through. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

fair play to you if you've all your chars at 999, and i306 ;):p

Joking aside, they can be still a good source of frags for embers (crafting or selling), and possibly the newer ones in 6.0

And if you need none of that..... /shrug... maybe we can ask for new decos to trade in for, or maybe an option on rewards that converts the items/boxes straight in to credits, ( a value to lesser or equal to what you'd get if you opened them all, and vendored it)

Or, you could just trade the frags for Embers, sell them, and buy decos that way, where available. Sometime around the year 3000, when I get all my toons maxed out, that's what I'll be doing.

I've got Embers overflowing as well. Every weekend I check what Kai is selling and if it's nothing useful, I buy a couple of Embers to keep my Frags below the limit.

Which leads me to mention a pet peeve. You always get those "you're approaching the max number of frags" messages, but it used to be that once you got to the max, they'd stop and you can ignore them.

But now, if you max your frags you get a "gathering that item would put you over the max". This not only a bit annoying to me, but also means that no-one can 'gather' a dead droid (scavenging) or creature (Biochem) because I can't pick up the last of my drops to 'clean' the carcass.