Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

ShadowMudkip
02.17.2014 , 03:32 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The entire game happened because BioWare wanted to make money. If it hadn't had happened, they would have made much money would they? We unfortunately can't use logic like this, we have to accept the facts.
That post was worded poorly, I'm sorry. Like I said to Aubere, the Republic and Imperial fleets were unable to match the firepower of Malgus' fleet. When I said "gameplay" I meant our characters actions. Without the characters actions, the stealth fleet would have won. The fact that they would have won that fight without interference, means that ship to ship, Selenial has the advantage.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 03:34 PM | #102
It tipped the scales, indicating the gap was not colossal chasm of certain doom as you suggest.

However according to your assessment, the battle would have been over before Revan even reached the Star Forge.

Noting that before Bastila used her BM, which must have been a good few hours, the Republic held the line. And of course in this instance the enemy actually has a numerical advantage, and probably a big one, and superior tacticians.

And one would assume that the entire fleet was destroyed in the end, there was no mention of a retreat.
"Green Squadron, We've broken through the line"
"Red Squadron, into the breach"
"Now's our chance, the Sith Fleet is in Dissarray, hit the Star Forge with EVERYTHING we've got"

"The Sith are Routed" - Fled...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

ShadowMudkip
02.17.2014 , 03:34 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Rakata tech was the best of the lot, only slightly rivalled by Gree technology, not only that, but these ships have advanced Stealth Systems not based on the typical Stygium Cloaking Devices, but Adegan Crystals fashioned by the advanced Schism Collective into Stealth systems.

Malgus' fleet was capable of facing off both the Imperial Navy and the Republic Navy in simultaneous battles, far far larger fleets, but not nearly as advanced.

I really hope you aren't actually going to try and argue that your ships are just as advanced.

EDIT: Having just done a bit more research, it is stated that Malgus' fleet wasn't just capable of facing both the Galactic Republic Navy and the Sith Empire Navy, but it was winning.
Where is it stated that Malgus was winning?
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 03:35 PM | #104
I'm not sure that's true, I can't recall the dialogue explicitly but the Republic and Empire seemed to be holding their own (as the Republic did against Malak's forces) and after the battle there is no mention of them suffering significant losses. In fact its implied most of their fleet remains intact. It may be down to lack of suprise, but it should be considered.
I can't remember the exact lines, but they were Definitely getting demolished... I don't want to play through the entire thing again just to get quotes, take my word for it?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Beniboybling
02.17.2014 , 03:36 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
"Green Squadron, We've broken through the line"
"Red Squadron, into the breach"
"Now's our chance, the Sith Fleet is in Dissarray, hit the Star Forge with EVERYTHING we've got"

"The Sith are Routed" - Fled...
Fine, fine. But it still doesn't change the fact that they held their own. And in this situation the Rakatan ships are outnumbered 6 to 1. Can a stealthed ship with Rakatan tech really take out 4-6 vessels alone without being destroyed?

Even with OCF backup? I'd cap at three. With critical damage.

EDIT: So they could probably take out roughly half before being routed. Leaving the remaining 17 vessels outnumbered over 2 to 1 by 45 ships and probably a Viscount. A scenario which they most likely lose.

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 03:37 PM | #106
Assassin Time!

Spoiler

tunewalker
02.17.2014 , 03:37 PM | #107
If i feel like it i will do a long post about all the stuff thats being underestimated about my faction AGAIN.... seriously some of this is the same stuff i have to defend every time like no one remembers the other Kaggaths this faction was in. I will cover this later if i feel like it, kind of out of it right now.

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 03:38 PM | #108
Fine, fine. But it still doesn't change the fact that they held their own. And in this situation the Rakatan ships are outnumbered 6 to 1. Can a stealthed ship with Rakatan tech really take out 4-6 vessels alone without being destroyed?

Even with OCF backup? I'd cap at three. With damage.
90 vs 34...

Not a 6-1 disadvantage, even if the AOW is stupid enough to commit their entire fleet.

Wolfninjajedi
02.17.2014 , 03:39 PM | #109
Even without the BM, the Sith ships were still Rakata tech no? So did the BM also weaken the Rakata Tech too?....I don't think so, so even then you still had the Republic fleet at the Starforge doing damage to Rakata tech Sith ships.

So taking away the BM...I think the Republic fleet would have been able to do some damage.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
02.17.2014 , 03:39 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
90 vs 34...

Not a 6-1 disadvantage, even if the AOW is stupid enough to commit their entire fleet.
90? I thought it was 140.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus