HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

Who said anything about solo'ing. He said he didn't want to be ganked by some PvP ******e. He never said he had a problem with playing cooperatively with people.

Well, if you play with other people then there should be no worries about getting ganked.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you play with other people then there should be no worries about getting ganked.

Except for the part where people are planning to have a ganking guild, and even playing with other people you can still get killed by some ******e. They should just keep PvP on the PvP servers. I picked PvE for an explicit reason.

II am against any form of Forced PVP and that is where my views on this stem from.

I am in no way against PVP. I do like PVP and do PVP from time to time. I also want to see PVP improved in many ways.

I just think that there are a lot better ways for BioWare to promote PVP and offer better incentives for people to visit such PVP Zones. Companions, being such a major feature of the game that mainly deals with PVE, is not one of those ways to promote PVP or offer incentive to visit a PVP area.

Bottom line is if a person is so Anti-PvP they can just wait several days and the area will be empty and you can stroll in and grab your part.... I think people should wait until AFTER the content comes out and see what it is like before complaining about it.... this preemptive QQ'ing is annoying....

Except for the part where people are planning to have a ganking guild, and even playing with other people you can still get killed by some ******e. They should just keep PvP on the PvP servers. I picked PvE for an explicit reason.

BUT there is pvp on pve servers.... so obviously Bioware planned on pvp for everyone to a certain extent.... Nobody is REQUIRED to have this droid companion, so if you hate pvp with such passion you can just skip the content... the CHOICE is yours... And as I mentioned above people will eventually grow tired of hanging out there and you'll be able to walk in there and grab your part without ever having to engage in pvp....

But it seems some people are saying " QQ But I want the droid on day one and want to get it my way so Bioware should change things to accommodate me QQ "

Edited by Monoth

You read the forums too much. They might the first day or two but after that they will be board senseless and back in WZ's. Stop getting all worried over nothing. Death means nothing but a couple minutes in this game. If you dont let it frustrate you then it wont be frustrating. Especially PVP kills because it doesnt even hurt your armor. Play smart check the area out. If it looks bad then try a different time. Go off peak if you have to for 5 mins. Just camp near the area and log in.

Seriously, you are truely making a mountain out of a peanut.

Edited by Soluss

Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible. This happened before on PVP servers when you did the Rakghoul Event in the dunesea. Now your making it so non pvpers can get trolled.

This is exactly what's going to happen. Some PvP guilds have been known to grief PvE players by force-flagging them with that silly companion trick. Do people really think they're going to let this one go?? If you have to go into a PvP area then you're fair game.

People are still crying about this? I honestly can't think of a more crybaby type of customer than this game. I've seen some QQ in my day but some of the things people complain about in this game is just off the deep end. So what, you have to go into a PvP area, get some friends join an OPs groups who's going in.

The people who DO PvP will be there in force to help their faction have access to the Outlaws Den. So if it's really THAT big of a deal that you don't want to PvP, instead of crying on the forums get your faction pumped to have an unstoppable force to control the area and you wont have to worry about the ganking.

C'mon OP have some flavor in your gaming life, after all you are going to get most deadliest assassin in the galaxy and one of requirements is to get assassinated first lawl :rak_01:

Many people have already experimented with that flavor and found it unpalatable, that's why they play on a PvE server. Personally I don't mind Arena PvP like the warzones, but I have no taste for Open World. Will I go there to purchase the parts? Most likely, will I be annoyed if someone is camping the area, for sure. But that's not even my disgruntlement; when developers do things like this, it reinforces that not once have I played a MMO that lacked a rule against griefing, yet not once have I seen a team of developers who could rise above and follow their games own guidelines and established rules and not create situations that facilitate what boils down to nothing more than legal griefing.

We all know this is exactly what will happen on the PvE servers, the minority that enjoys Open World PvP on PvE servers, can and will use this as a choke point to exploit those that chose a PvE server to avoid PvP conflicts. It's completely anathema to the concept of a PvE server, not to mention professionalism, as in essence you are asking your customers to sell out their personal values for gain, and yes for many, Open World PvP is viewed as being against personal morality as your momentary entertainment value is purchased directly at the expense of someone else not to mention simulated killing of another person. It's the old carrot on a stick routine and honestly it's getting quite tiresome for some of us.

Seeing people complain about stuff like this makes me want to find you on your server and camp you for weeks. Your selfish complaining is ruining this game and its fun for everyone. Go play Viva Pinata trouble in paradise island if you don't want PVP.

Lol I know you aren't adressing that to the PvE leaning crowd right...?

Because it's the PvP players here in this thread that have been acting like DB's the whole time. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the first week this is going on theres going to be a TON of people from both factions trying to get in there to get the part. If you cant find a big enough group simply standing outside the entrance then your not trying. Even if there is a group of say 16 gankers, theres going to be many more of the other faction just trying to get the part going in anyways, so I dont see how they will be able to grief where you absolutely cant get it. Also you shouldnt be goin in Outlaws den without a group at any time regardless because its a free for all PVP area so your just as likely to get ganked by your own faction if they are a big enough dick.

Group up and profit.

Edited by RefugeASSASSIN

Its not like your in there for long really... there are 3 venders and 2 of them are so easy to get too. you can walk in and walk out before anyone see's you.. and believe me, no one really goes into outlaws den these days...

And a troll guild waiting at the vendor doesn't take much time to gank you either. Get real, anyone can wait at the vendors.

On a non-PvP server this is a decision against those that chose PvE servers for the reason of PvE and Not PvP.

EA, Change the requirements that force PvE STORY based MMO players from this exploitable troll guild gank fest Tom-foolery.

Well just so both sides are represented. I'm a pvp'er and hate the fact that I'll have to raid to get HK. Honestly they should have made it hard and annoying as hell but left the raiding and pvp both out of it.

There are three sides. I'm on a PVP server and not worried about a one-time stroll through Outlaw's Den, and I'm a solo player but I'll group up when I have to. The problem that is locking me out of getting HK-51 is the lame requirement to have characters on both factions. I have four 50s all Republic. I have no interest in playing an Imp so I can't get him. Doesn't make any sense from a story perspective.

wow... just, wow. People will find just about anything to complain about I guess.

I also find it amusing that some claim they will not do the quest if it goes live as is. Please:rolleyes:, you would do it even if the quest forced you to dance the macarena naked with a 2 minute buff of rainbow sparkle powder in the outlaws den.

And a troll guild waiting at the vendor doesn't take much time to gank you either. Get real, anyone can wait at the vendors.

On a non-PvP server this is a decision against those that chose PvE servers for the reason of PvE and Not PvP.

EA, Change the requirements that force PvE STORY based MMO players from this exploitable troll guild gank fest Tom-foolery.

HK-51 is 100% optional content. You're not being forced into any style of gameplay whatsoever. If you choose to acquire him, you'll be voluntarily going to a PvP location. Your choice to fight, or not, is still intact. Patience may need to be exhibited on your part, but you're free to skip it, or wait, if PvP is that deplorable to you.

As a player who enjoys PvP, you didn't hear me whining when I needed to do PvE to acquire the tusken outfit or the bound to legacy weapon(s). I chose to PvE because I wanted the 'stuff'.

Bioware is encouraging diverse gameplay, and I commend them for that.

HK-51 is 100% optional content. You're not being forced into any style of gameplay whatsoever. If you choose to acquire him, you'll be voluntarily going to a PvP location. Your choice to fight, or not, is still intact. Patience may need to be exhibited on your part, but you're free to skip it, or wait, if PvP is that deplorable to you.

As a player who enjoys PvP, you didn't hear me whining when I needed to do PvE to acquire the tusken outfit or the bound to legacy weapon(s). I chose to PvE because I wanted the 'stuff'.

Bioware is encouraging diverse gameplay, and I commend them for that.

^This ...

Plus there have been many ways suggested in this very thread on how to "work around" the PvP area. If anyone seriously complains about this, they really need to "L2P". PvP can be avoided if you know how. I suggest these people READ THE ENTIRETY of this thread to see the many suggestions on how to deal with this and how it is not really a big thing at all. :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

Go there with your guild at same time, grab some people when on way there, go there at work hours or at night middle of week. Use stealth class to get there, use other faction side character if you see certain side ganking it and try join their party or just wait until everybody has HK-51, and nobody is going there anymore then go get it. I don't PVP but I'm not going to complain if you need to go to pvp zone, once to grab one piece, hell I would start pvping if you had like 5 matches requirement.

^This ...

Plus there have been many ways suggested in this very thread on how to "work around" the PvP area. If anyone seriously complains about this, they really need to "L2P". PvP can be avoided if you know how. I suggest these people READ THE ENTIRETY of this thread to see the many suggestions on how to deal with this and how it is not really a big thing at all. :rolleyes:

Not that.

Please, I haven't seen an idea posted that wasn't overlooking a bunch of obvious flaws.

And comparing having to PVE for an event, to this is like comparing a mosquito to a riled swarm of killer bees.

PVPer: Yeah, I've got this itch now

PVEer: ah, I feel bad for you, I'm about to die in agony from anaphylactic shock

What a PVPer has to do for the PVE part of this content

Queue in Group Finder for a HM that is probably being run tens of times a day any day of the week, irrelevant of this event. Kill only the necessary mobs. All the while receiving XP, credits and gear and materials

What a PVEer has to do for the PVP part of this content

Manually try to find a group of people to go do this, sure guildies will likely chip in. How many will you need??!?!

20 to 50?!? Then once you have found a group of people that will likely be doing this for you purely as a favour, as they have already done it, don't like PVP either, have better stuff to do, hope that you have significantly more people on your side than there are greifers there camping the place. Vainly fight to the vendor, I say vainly because 50 PVP is highly gear oriented, and without actually grinding for months to get good PVP gear, as someone said you wouldn't have to do . . . you will have no chance of beating any PVP player 1 on 1. Once you get to the vendor that will have 3 or 4 PVP players standing directly on top of him trying to block people from clicking on him, being knocked back out of interaction range, having the PVP players keep running back for more "fun" with their HK-51s that they easily obtained by the way, after who knows how long of this you may actually get the part you need.

You know people will be camping this. Open world PVP is never over unless the server id down. I'd rather do 30 Warzones like WoW to get a mount that have to go through Open World PVP in a griefer fest like this.

I'll agree it's fair if I can enter your HM instances on the mobs side so I can wait for you to get to HK-47 and attack your parties healer just as you engage, ALL FRICKEN DAY, for days!

I'm not saying all PVPers are greifing camping scum sucking low lifes, but PVP is greifing camping scum sucking low life's play style of choice.

So tell me. How is this avoidable? Any time I can get there, an equal number of PVPers can get there.

Edited by Evgen

wow... just, wow. People will find just about anything to complain about I guess.

I also find it amusing that some claim they will not do the quest if it goes live as is. Please:rolleyes:, you would do it even if the quest forced you to dance the macarena naked with a 2 minute buff of rainbow sparkle powder in the outlaws den.

Heck, in my house, we call that "wednesday" :)

There are three sides. I'm on a PVP server and not worried about a one-time stroll through Outlaw's Den, and I'm a solo player but I'll group up when I have to. The problem that is locking me out of getting HK-51 is the lame requirement to have characters on both factions. I have four 50s all Republic. I have no interest in playing an Imp so I can't get him. Doesn't make any sense from a story perspective.

It takes an hour or 2 to get a level 9 character. Not that big of deal.

What can your posts be categorized then if most of the concerned posts = whining? :rolleyes:

I dont care what you call my post. Ill have this part of the quest done in 10 minutes. The rest of you babies will sit here and cry for months about it. Some of you will be smart and actually go try. Those that do actually go try will see they were crying about nothing.