• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I do have one question though

Venue: Garage Billiards

Date: Saturday, August 31st, 2013

Time: 8-11PM CDT

Address: 1130 Broadway - Seattle, WA 98122

The event is in Seattle, which is on PDT right now, but you list the time as 8-11PM CDT. I believe this converts to 6pm to 9pm on the 31st?

Could you please confirm that this is correct?

• Dev Post
I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I do have one question though

The event is in Seattle, which is on PDT right now, but you list the time as 8-11PM CDT. I believe this converts to 6pm to 9pm on the 31st?

Could you please confirm that this is correct?

Sorry about that, I will get it adjusted. It should be in local time, so 8-11 PDT.

-eric

The Garage is literally one of the coolest places I've hung out in Seattle. Was just there with some friends the other night and had a ball!

/protip If you buy beer, go ahead and buy a pitcher, its way better economically :rak_03:

Oooh, within driving distance of Tacoma! :D

Is there a way to RSVP other than through Facebook? I'm one of those Luddites who refuses to use Facebook because of their history of privacy abuses.

RSVPing through FB doesn't guarantee you a spot, just gives them an idea of how many I think. You'll still need to show up early to get in line to get in.

Keep in mind this is during PAX weekend, so there will be 70,000 geeks in town, and a portion may be attempting to attend this little shindig.

Edited by MidnyteTragedy

Oooh, within driving distance of Tacoma! :D

Is there a way to RSVP other than through Facebook? I'm one of those Luddites who refuses to use Facebook because of their history of privacy abuses.

Yeah, I don't use Facebook either, I'm just going to show up. Although there really isn't much parking in that area, what with all the hospitals and the university right there.

Might be able to find some street parking on E. Union. Also, there is the SCCC Parking Lot which is cheap at Harvard and Pine St.

If one can bus, I would highly recommend it.

Yeah, I lived on CapHill for a long time and work here and know many a great places to hide and park, but for those not used to the area it may be a challenge if they are driving up here on a Saturday night.

Cap Hill is a great place to live, and it's not all hipsters up here.

I like to remember Cap Hill the way it was when I moved there. Artists, musicians, various sub-cultures, and a lovely LGBT community. Now it's getting to be gentrified beyond recognition, but eh, not much can be done about it.

I live and work on the hill, and there is wonderful diversity, if you choose to see it.

Cap Hill is a great place to live, and it's not all hipsters up here.

I like to remember Cap Hill the way it was when I moved there. Artists, musicians, various sub-cultures, and a lovely LGBT community. Now it's getting to be gentrified beyond recognition, but eh, not much can be done about it.

I live and work on the hill, and there is wonderful diversity, if you choose to see it.

Hipsters everywhere. I don't even have a disguise! On top of that I am grossly overweight. I will stand out like a sore thumb... A sore Death Star rather.

Hipsters everywhere. I don't even have a disguise! On top of that I am grossly overweight. I will stand out like a sore thumb... A sore Death Star rather.

You know, I was just at lunch and I was thinking, it would be a lovely lunch, if it weren't for all these danged hipsters :p

I knew I should have gotten Chinese instead. One good thing though, The Garage at least is not right smack dab in the middle of cool kid central :)

and you can ogle the Ferrari's right around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...