Defenders Of The Force [A Fan Fiction Story]

AquaticAncestral

Defenders Of The Force

-( A Fan-Fiction Story )-

[] Note from Author: Hey everybody, what's up? My name's Brandon. I've been a huge fan of Star Wars since I was a kid. I remember yearning for it to be real, for me to be able to travel the galaxy somehow and help people and fight great wars in the name of honor, peace, strength and love. I have another toon that's a Jedi Sage - I might do a story for that toon, I'm unsure. I just want to experiment with this right here and hopefully all those who read this will find encouragement to write their own stories, if that's what they're into.

Thanks for reading...

+ x + x + x + x +

INTRODUCTION

1. Name: Aquatiko Ancestral { Aquat-e-ko }
  2. Race: Twi'Lek
  3. Class: Jedi Knight / Jedi Guardian
  4. Alignment: Light Side Of The Force. Doesn't always agree with the Council or Jedi Code. But is in total solidarity with the people, and the Light Side. Has a special, uncheckable knowledge of life and the Dark Side that makes him able to serve all beings, and the Force, more beautifully.
  5. Master: Orgus Dinn

Aquatiko Ancestral was born many moons ago, on a planet he doesn't remember. He belongs to an ancient Twi'Lek water clan, who praised the Water Spirit and stood in alignment with all the forces of life. His ancestors are shamans and healers and warriors, priests and priestesses; when slavery and subjugation took Twileks down a dark path, much history was lost. But Twi'Leks being a spiritually strong race perserved much of the history through their own spirits, the Force and communication with deceased ancestors. Because of subjugation and the enslavement the Twi'Leks have historically dealt with and the discrimination alien races still suffer at the hands of humans, Aquatiko suffered a disconnect from his people and culture that he felt was cursed, but in reality his ancestors walked with him all the way, keeping him from death and it's many forms. He saw that what he thought was a curse was indeed a lesson, a blessing in disguise, truly. Certain medicines were nurtured in the Ancestral clan, and they have been passed down from generation to generation. Aquatiko is a preserver of his ancestral history and legacy, a Jedi Knight in tune with the Force, rooted in Spirit, and fighting the Sith on all fronts; a warrior by all accounts. And this is his story. . . . . . . .

+ x + x + x + x +

Prologue

Ending Of An Initiation, Beginning Of A New One

The light and darkness danced within his dream. It was so elegeant, it could have been said that Light and Dark are lovers, and it is the sentient beings who misunderstand it so badly. What is the true difference between the Sith and the Jedi? One embraces universal love while denying romantic love, the other is purely for power and would massacre. Do the Jedi somehow massacre something other than a physical body in their vehement denial of romance and emotion? Do they check themselves in that respect because they've seen people try to find the balance, in vain? And what of the Jedi's who can remain of service and be in love? The Jedi Order is beautiful to Aquatiko, and so honorable, but imperfect and even a place where he feels fated to not be able to fully fit in. All of these questions were questions Aquatiko heard and felt in his dream, struggling with trying to see it all; yearning to understand it. And just as quick as the dream came, it ended, and he was awake in darkness, breathing hard.

Aquatiko glanced to his empty side, hoping silently to see Ranna Vao'Den there. The new Matriarch of Kallikori village, and a fast lover of his; but just as quick as the beautiful moment came, it ended in a betrayal that was short-sighted, but well intentioned, if ever a betrayal could be well-intentioned. She arranged for the capture of his Master, and the capture of him; the Master was given away to death, but she attempted to have his life spared. It was a horrible mis-management, but in his heart, no matter how much he wanted to scream, he knew the reasons she did it. He knew he could not be mad at Ranna. Even though his fellow Twi'Leks who set him up died by his blade, he knew he couldn't be mad. He felt the anger, of course; he feels everything under any sun, but he couldn't let the anger transform him into a malicious weapon, nor could he let it permanately take hold of him. He retrieved his great Master Orgus Dinn back from the brink of death, luckily; he defeated an old Padawan of his Master's, Orgus Dinn. Sparing his life, he then finally got to speak to his Master, who was a free man once again. Tython's the ending of the initiation in Aquatiko's life - a sacred initiation. THE initiation of his life, for a while. That initiation, which revealed Aquatiko to himself and helped him see what he needed to see, for now, for time immemorial, revealed to him that though he is an initiated Twi'Lek man, he will be the child of many rituals and initiations to come.

Aquatiko scooted back on his bed, posting his back against the wall. He closed his eyes and breathed slowly, silently meditating in the darkness. Conflicting messages came to him through the Force, but he focused more intently and cleared the chatter after awhile. Finding a peace in the Force, he then felt his spirit move like a water creature, very fluid and free. It felt as if the Force was an Ocean Mother that was allowing him to swim trillions of miles in perfect water, yet cradling him like a baby, as well. He found freedom and a holding protection in that moment that freed him a little bit more. The Jedi retreated back to Tython, but it's still a dangerous world. Aquatiko is a seasoned warrior, but battle still scars him in many ways. Being a Twi'Lek, and following his ancestors who regularly appear to him in dreams and visions, he engages in rituals to cleanse his spirit of the energetical blocks and debris any being can pick up at any time, living in this conflicted galaxy. With the Empire and the Republic at war, and the magic of the Force being manipulated for different reasons, these were uncertain times to live in. But if only people could wake up to themselves, they would know their purpose and just what gifts they had, so that they could give them away to the people. This was Aquatiko's revolutionary task. To rescue every world, and save the children, who would then go on to change each world. Every wound of Aquatiko's produced a gift, and he was determined to keep the channel to his ancestors open so they could continue helping him be of service.

Preparing to leave Tython, Aquatiko reflected back on what he had learned there. The battles, the mistakes he made, his error of speech, his victories, his triumphs, the good he did there, the love, everything contributed to him becoming more of who he is, because we are all infinite. His defeats at the hands of stronger beings, then his return to gain his redemption in those battles. How does one balance being a warrior with being a peaceful servant of the people? Certain things are necessary, and this is where disagreements with him and his superiors or peers in the Order could come up. Aquatiko believes strongly in romantic love; he believes that if the balance can be found, and understanding be brought into the space of love the beings are creating, then one can still be as effective as a Jedi as their heart ( or the Council.... ) allows them. But one thing, once one has gone through the initiation of trials of becoming a Jedi, not even a banishment by their own Council can take that away. They will be Jedi forever.

Aquatiko Ancestal was now woken up to himself, and he was ready to serve the galaxy as a humble warrior of the people. As an initiated Jedi Knight.

Edited by AquaticAncestral
Fixing things.

A nice beginning, and I like Aquatiko as a character; he's deep and philosophical and dedicated. I look forward to seeing him make his journey through the knight's tale.

I particularly liked this description of the Force:

Finding a peace in the Force, he then felt his spirit move like a water creature, very fluid and free. It felt as if the Force was an Ocean Mother that was allowing him to swim trillions of miles in perfect water, yet cradling him like a baby, as well.

One note: I did find the small blue text very difficult to read,. Maybe try larger text in a lighter colour for those of us old enough to need reading glasses? :o

One note: I did find the small blue text very difficult to read,. Maybe try larger text in a lighter colour for those of us old enough to need reading glasses? :o

Ditto. Beautiful intro, but I can't even begin to read the body of the story like that.

I'd really like to be able to. :p