Announcing Knights of the Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Dev Post

We are happy to announce our brand new digital expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire!

Knights of the Fallen Empire marks a renewed focus on BioWare-style cinematic storytelling in STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™. Your character will become the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War who comes face-to-face with a new threat to the galaxy: the Emperor of the Eternal Throne.

Read more

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the additional announcements and interviews, check out this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=817671.

At first, I was concerned that the level cap is raised to 65 because we didn't receive a lot of level 60 content, then I saw that all of the older operations are scaled to 60+. So TFB, S&V, DF and DP won't become obsolete and even the old level 50 operations will become a challenge again. :)

And according to the Polygon interview, they have not abandoned the MMO aspects. For now, they are focused on story but we will get new operations etc. in the future.

After watching the trailer and all the interviews a few times, I am so hyped for this expansion, can't wait for it to arrive!

Edited by Jerba

We are happy to announce our brand new digital expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire!

Knights of the Fallen Empire marks a renewed focus on BioWare-style cinematic storytelling in STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™. Your character will become the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War who comes face-to-face with a new threat to the galaxy: the Emperor of the Eternal Throne.

Read more

-eric

how long you been hoovering over the submit button waiting....watching :)

Can not wait!!!! BW is master of story and I know you will deliver. Will there be books?

If you could see the smile on my face at this point :D (granted you would be telling me to get back to work but that aside) :D:

Sad to hear the level cap will be raised to 65, as that way, all 55 content becomes obsolete (TFB, S&V, DF and DP). And I am also concerned about the lack of information on group content, specifically flashpoints and operations.

From the Developer Blog:

Additionally, many of our existing Flashpoints and Operations are being scaled to 60+, giving you many more Elder Game options at Level 65.

Read more

-eric

Hate to be "that" guy...

All Subscribers will received the digital expansion for free

Makes plenty of sense that, who needs words with meaning after all :D

Awesome, as someone that has been following this game since 2009 and played since pre-launch I am very happy about this.

This game really needs a real Bioware expansion and it feels like this is it :tran_cool:

Wait, so if you can make a character fresh at the gate at level 60 then why did I spend so much time leveling up all 20 of my alts?

I mean the story is good, but I did not need to play through the Sith Warrior story 5 times....

This looks awesome, will there be lots of new planets? Out of curiosity how many, don't want to know which ones, it's a surprise but how many? I'm really hyped for this. Great job the SWTOR team. Story is what drives this game it's what makes a fun experience and keeps me playing and enjoying this great tale. The last expansions were very enjoyable if not a little to quick to complete. Level 65 is going to be great, no matter what people say this game is developing and progressing at a good pace and the fact that you guys listen to what fans want is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the mmorpg games that do everything for profit, profit profit. The very fact this new expansion is free for subscribers is a lovely gesture that really shows the relationship between the team and us fans. Keep this going I'm enjoying the game.