Advanced gear mission pre existing 50

UTBen

So came back for the f2p relaunch and I see that they're giving out this thing called advanced gear mission in the mail once you hit 50 on each character which gives basically a full set of tionese gear commendations. I have a couple alts that I just hit 50 on to unlock the buffs and barely touched again, and I was wondering if there is any way to get this mission on these characters that hit 50 months ago before this mission was around. I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer so I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is possible. I checked the daily mission terminal in the fleet and talked to the tionese gear vendor and nothing at either spot gives the mission or any info on where to get it otherwise.

That's over 4 years... that's before this game was around.

In short though what I've gathered from the PTS is all your 50's past and present get a mail, although that is PTS though.

You didn't read that right

So came back for the f2p relaunch and I see that they're giving out this thing called advanced gear mission in the mail once you hit 50 on each character which gives basically a full set of tionese gear commendations. I have a couple alts that I just hit 50 on to unlock the buffs and barely touched again, and I was wondering if there is any way to get this mission on these characters that hit 50 months ago before this mission was around. I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer so I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is possible. I checked the daily mission terminal in the fleet and talked to the tionese gear vendor and nothing at either spot gives the mission or any info on where to get it otherwise.

PVP mission terminal on the fleet. Get the quest, then get the items from the turn in terminal.

Yes I finally understand your question and I want the answer as well.

I am now very close to 50. If I reach level 50 before patch 1.6 happens, will I get the gear mission?

From what I've seen on PTS. Yes you will. The patch lands next Tuesday or so I'm told. BTW, the mission is not much of a mission anyway. It will only involve going to the correct Mission Box.

From what I've seen on PTS. Yes you will. The patch lands next Tuesday or so I'm told. BTW, the mission is not much of a mission anyway. It will only involve going to the correct Mission Box.

Oh my goodness, free epics that are mailed to you?

I used to joke about it a lot in WoW, in hot arguments against casual players who don't want to put in the work to get the epics that they want. That if they want difficulty to be dumbed down to their level, might as well have Blizzard mail them the epics.

I can't believe SW:TOR is the one closest to making that happen.

Oh my goodness, free epics that are mailed to you?

I used to joke about it a lot in WoW, in hot arguments against casual players who don't want to put in the work to get the epics that they want. That if they want difficulty to be dumbed down to their level, might as well have Blizzard mail them the epics.

I can't believe SW:TOR is the one closest to making that happen.

I don't know how epic they really are if you think about the level 50 content.... but yea, it is your basic Tionese set. Good enough to get you started on hard modes and... Ops.

Got my full set today. No point in doing missions anymore when you get a full set of purple for absolutely no effort, and its even better than the stuff I had on while leveling up. A part of me thinks its awesome and a part of me thinks they just ruined the whole pleasure of missioning; To get better gear.

I guess all there is to do now is do flashpoints because why should I even bother finishing missions when my gear is already better than anything they'll give me?

Got my full set today. No point in doing missions anymore when you get a full set of purple for absolutely no effort, and its even better than the stuff I had on while leveling up. A part of me thinks its awesome and a part of me thinks they just ruined the whole pleasure of missioning; To get better gear.

I guess all there is to do now is do flashpoints because why should I even bother finishing missions when my gear is already better than anything they'll give me?

Story completeness is my excuse. I prefer to ignore the carrot, if you catch my meaning.

It doesn't really ruin the point of it since Tionese is now there to be as a starter block for new 50's and for gearing companion's. I got the mail and I have full black hole/campaign gear so I used it to get some more gear for my companions that I haven't already got columi+ in. And either way, you still have Columi+ to work on. And that is what you will mainly get from HM FP's/SM EV/KP (in terms of unassembled stuff). Tionese is there to help you get started on doing hard mode flashpoints and starting Operations. That's my take on it anyway.