The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

He even remembered what I asked him at the beginning and put guard on me (heal) every time after he died so hey, that's good. Better than that one "veteran" jerk tank I got from a MM FP who said I was a noob for asking for guard, after he stood there and watched me used up all my DCDs and killed by the whole group of trash because the jerk tank can't hold aggro so I ended up getting all the aggro trying to keep the whole team, especially the poor DPS, alive. That earned my rage quit and the tank on my ignore list.

Not again this "guard on healer" topic. Some people simply don't understand. As i said in my last post...

They simply don't know, that they don't know nothing about this game.

You put the wrong tank on ignore.

A quote from 2012...

We guard melee DPS - not healers. You are correct, adds will always go against healers if no one attacks them.

I don't say, that you didn't get wrecked by trash groups. But it doesn't matter in this situation, if you have guard or not. Scenarios like this happen:

One Flashbang (yes, some pve mobs can do this), tank and melee dps stunned, adds turn to healer.

Or tank and dps prepare a corner pull. Healer stands in the middle of the hallway, starts to heal, tank and dps still waiting for adds to come around the corner. Adds turn to healer.

Or a group is pulled by accident. Nobody notice. All adds go healer.

Healers only gets attacked, if nobody is attacking the mobs. Every basic attack from tank or dps will gain aggro. Guard will not help you/prevent it, if nobody is building aggro an adds.

Another quote from 2012...

As for the tank taking that 50% dmg, it works only in PvP

You don't get a 50% damage reduction with guard. That applies only in PvP. Again, Guard will not help you.

Nothing more to add.

And please.. for the love of god... if you think about talking back at me. Remember...

When I was new (started a year ago, never even played mmo before)

You might be the prime example of a player, who rushed through all content, carried by veterans and gear. In Germany we talk about "gefährliches Halbwissen". Guard mechanics are known and discussed since the start of the game in early 2012. And there are no two opinions on this.

A tank puts guard on healer, if he does not know better.

A tank puts guard on healer, if the healer is whining, and he just wants him to shut up. And he is confident enough, he don't need it to hold aggro against dps.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

A tank puts guard on healer, if he does not know better.

A tank puts guard on healer, if the healer is whining, and he just wants him to shut up. And he is confident enough, he don't need it to hold aggro against dps.

Guard actually does reduce incoming damage on guarded player, it's only 5% though, and 25% less threat, which (as you pointed out) does not change anything if no damage is going out to the adds and only heal threat is generated. :)

Still there are fights where the tiny reduction still comes in handy, when there is lots of unavoidable damage coming in for example, then healer can benefit and heal others more, e.g. Umbara last boss I'd say. Still a matter of taste maybe?

Anyway, I guess I know the streamer you mentioned before, at least there is one who went into Nathema undergeared and not knowing the FP and lacking knowledge of the damage mitigation parts of the rotation of his PT. Seeing how self-conscious I am (I don't dare going there knowing the fights at least as DPS/Heal and with a well equipped tank I know the spec pretty well) I thought it amazing how different people are. I wish I had a similar confidence, because in the end they got things done, which is what counts.

Last week I had a "I am tank, I am boss" type: Rishi, tank asks for bonus, one guy in the group doesn't want to try, tank quits. I mean, come on.

And just yesterday Nathema popped, tank insta quits. One Stealther still starts stealthing through, the other DPS quits (maybe he didn't know the tactics even though I whispered what was going on) without a word. Before the first boss we luckily got replacements, tank says he was a returning player and didn't know the fights except for Story, so we took a little time trying to explain the fights in chat. One shoted everything with minor hickups, except for last boss where we had a wipe at 12%, killed it in 2nd try. Tank asked for areas of improvement after every fight, that as pretty awesome.

If a tank just...
stood there and watched me used up all my DCDs and (get) killed by the whole group of trash
... i have a pretty good idea, what went wrong. And guard, with a 5% damage reduction or 50% damage reduction, is simply not part of the problem. Edited by SoontirMorillo

Not again this "guard on healer" topic. Some people simply don't understand. As i said in my last post...

Healers only gets attacked, if nobody is attacking the mobs. Every basic attack from tank or dps will gain aggro. Guard will not help you/prevent it, if nobody is building aggro an adds.

You just answered why a healer ask for guard because 99% of the time no one is following kill order, everyone is killing their own thing, and the heal gains the most aggro after 5 sec just by throwing basic heal probes.

Maybe I should just try the No Heal No Aggro trick. Won't gain aggro more than ****** tank and dps if I do nothing.

You just answered why a healer ask for guard because 99% of the time no one is following kill order, everyone is killing their own thing, and the heal gains the most aggro after 5 sec just by throwing basic heal probes.

Maybe I should just try the No Heal No Aggro trick. Won't gain aggro more than ****** tank and dps if I do nothing.

One. If this happens in master mode, speak up, remind them on kill order. If nothing changes ignore tank and dps. They are bad. You ignore them, because they are bad, and not because tank doesn't gave you guard. Again, guard will not help in this situation. 25% aggro reduction does not help, when they all ignore basic gameplay. But you should never put a tank on ignore, because he does not want to give you guard right at the start. You should never tell a new tank, guard is for healers.

Two. If this happens in veteran mode, with an all-dps group, okay... it happens alot, because people learn in veteran mode. And you have to learn as a healer as well ... protect yourself. Either you heal through it, if you're good enough. Honestly, this situations are the most fun part as a healer, because you finally have to heal something on veteran mode. Or, as you said, you don't start healing, if you can't handle the aggro. Wait till somebody is under 50% and than you start healing. Remember, your main focus as a healer is to stay alive. After that you can rescue others. Don't heal, if you know, you will die. They have DCDs. They can use them.

An example... last boss Hammer-Station. Master or veteran, does not matter. Tank and two melee dps burning the boss. Once in a while two adds appear. Let's assume everbody is ignoring them, and you as a healer have to deal with them. How do you deal with them? How do you protect yourself? Simple. Don't stand at 25m range. Go grap the adds and walk over to tank and dps. They do one aoe attack, and you will lose aggro. Don't stand there and wait, that one dps comes over to rescue you. Play more proactive and help your group. Same with the Korriban boss, the droid in front of the gate. You gain aggro as a healer on the spawning melee adds. Grap them, go to boss, aoe from tank or dps, done. Or Mandalorian Raiders... this cute little doggos, jumping at you. Don't panic, run to group members, they will at one time have to cast an abilitiy with aoe damage. If we are talking about range adds, go position yourself around a crate/corner or something. Nathema, last boss. The beams from the alkoven-phase. Run and hide behind a pillar. Don't stand in the open and let them wreck you. Learn to protect yourself.

I have seen this so often, so much. Healers thinking it is enough, if they heal. You have so much more to do as a healer, than pressing small heal, big heal,.. etc. Positioning. Your most valuable defensive cooldown. Just don't stand there and let adds wreck you. Think.

It is unfortunate, but you will get these kind of groups. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. But in all these cases, a 25% aggro reduce with guard will not help you, if no tank or dps is attacking the target, that is attacking you.

This is simply a thing you have to learn as a healer. Which trash groups are giving me trouble, and why? What can i do, to change that? And if your answer is, "random tank at the start of the flashpoint, give me guard or i quit". Nope. You can improve in other ways.

I have something like 95% Flashpoints achievements. 85% i did in random groups. 80% as a healer. I've seen it all. And honestly, you should be totally capable to keep yourself up against any trash group in veteran or master, till incompetent teammates kill them. If they pull like three or four groups,.. yeah... you should be good.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

One. If this happens in master mode, speak up, remind them on kill order. If nothing changes ignore tank and dps. They are bad. You ignore them, because they are bad, and not because tank doesn't gave you guard. Again, guard will not help in this situation. 25% aggro reduction does not help, when they all ignore basic gameplay. But you should never put a tank on ignore, because he does not want to give you guard right at the start. You should never tell a new tank, guard is for healers.

Two. If this happens in veteran mode, with an all-dps group, okay... it happens alot, because people learn in veteran mode. And you have to learn as a healer as well ... protect yourself. Either you heal through it, if you're good enough. Honestly, this situations are the most fun part as a healer, because you finally have to heal something on veteran mode. Or, as you said, you don't start healing, if you can't handle the aggro. Wait till somebody is under 50% and than you start healing. Remember, your main focus as a healer is to stay alive. After that you can rescue others. Don't heal, if you know, you will die. They have DCDs. They can use them.

An example... last boss Hammer-Station. Master or veteran, does not matter. Tank and two melee dps burning the boss. Once in a while two adds appear. Let's assume everbody is ignoring them, and you as a healer have to deal with them. How do you deal with them? How do you protect yourself? Simple. Don't stand at 25m range. Go grap the adds and walk over to tank and dps. They do one aoe attack, and you will lose aggro. Don't stand there and wait, that one dps comes over to rescue you. Play more proactive and help your group. Same with the Korriban boss, the droid in front of the gate. You gain aggro as a healer on the spawning melee adds. Grap them, go to boss, aoe from tank or dps, done. Or Mandalorian Raiders... this cute little doggos, jumping at you. Don't panic, run to group members, they will at one time have to cast an abilitiy with aoe damage. If we are talking about range adds, go position yourself around a crate/corner or something. Nathema, last boss. The beams from the alkoven-phase. Run and hide behind a pillar. Don't stand in the open and let them wreck you. Learn to protect yourself.

I have seen this so often, so much. Healers thinking it is enough, if they heal. You have so much more to do as a healer, than pressing small heal, big heal,.. etc. Positioning. Your most valuable defensive cooldown. Just don't stand there and let adds wreck you. Think.

It is unfortunate, but you will get these kind of groups. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. But in all these cases, a 25% aggro reduce with guard will not help you, if no tank or dps is attacking the target, that is attacking you.

This is simply a thing you have to learn as a healer. Which trash groups are giving me trouble, and why? What can i do, to change that? And if your answer is, "random tank at the start of the flashpoint, give me guard or i quit". Nope. You can improve in other ways.

I have something like 95% Flashpoints achievements. 85% i did in random groups. 80% as a healer. I've seen it all. And honestly, you should be totally capable to keep yourself up against any trash group in veteran or master, till incompetent teammates kill them. If they pull like three or four groups,.. yeah... you should be good.

Usually MM is good, and I've only got one terrible tank so far. Bosses are fine because the numbers are small and I can hit kolto in VM anyway if things go south. It's big group of trash that's the problem. Maybe it's because I ranted about all my worst experiences in a short time so it looked bad but I can keep myself alive if the team is half decent, but some teams are just *that* bad, and nothing I do can save me.

I only ask guard whenever I ended up being the hot target of literally the whole group of trash. Maybe 25% threat and 5% damage off is very little, but it's better than literally nothing. I'll take that, thanks. It's not like the tank is using it on the dps either... most of the time they don't even know it exist so why not take it for myself...

I guess if I wanted to be fair, I should complain about those heals who don't heal at all...

This conflict purely stems from dps not knowing or caring about kill order when there's more than one enemy.

Consider the following mob: 1 Elite ranked NPC, 2 or 3 Strong ranked ones, and a few normal ones interspersed; each one of them is grouped close enough to be hit with a general AOE or by stepping one pace closer to hit them, except for 1 or 2 Normal ranged enemies.

The Tank's main job is to fight the ones that are like him, which have the most endurance (the Elite and Strong ones), while the dps focus on the weaker ones that would go down to their superior power quickly; they have weapons that can hurt just as much, but they have so little health compared to what a dps can dish out that it doesn't matter.

A good dps generally works from the outside of the fray to the middle, but so many see what the tank is heading for and think "Oh, that's what I should be hitting too!" when it's not. Their job is to target those ranged snipers that will hit the healer without some other interference. Mobs are almost never bunched up as nicely as I described, and it's ridiculous to expect the tank to run all over the place making sure he has aggro on all of them before they overwhelm the healer. Kill the ones that can be killed quickly and join in the tank's battle royale with the leader Only. When. It's. Needed.

It also doesn't help matters when a veteran teaches noobs harmful stuff in the name of a quicker record on clearing like "ignore adds burn boss" simply because damage is so badly tuned for certain fights and the boss will die before the adds become a problem for survival.

It also doesn't help matters when a veteran teaches noobs harmful stuff in the name of a quicker record on clearing like "ignore adds burn boss" simply because damage is so badly tuned for certain fights and the boss will die before the adds become a problem for survival.

I really like the first fight of the Korriban Flashpoint/Master-Mode.

If you tell your group "focus boss, ignore adds", it might be, that this is not the intended strategy. But you will learn pretty fast, and early on in the flashpoint, if the dps are capable of killing the droid in front of the gate later on, which has a relativly short enrage timer. And simultaneously you will learn, if you have a decent enough healer in your group.

The bosses went not perfectly but alright, nobody blamed the healer for dying from their own faults and the healer only died once at first boss, also due to himself ignoring the mechanic and not using any ability to get free from the root.

And this is what you are supposed to do. The boss gains stacks when people get free from the grapple either knowingly or because they are using a skill that does that as a side effect. DO NOT break free from the root. DO interrupt Full Auto.

Then comes Troya Ajak as far as we understood at that point the player targeted by that canalised shot moves to hide behind a corner or edge to avoid the damage and not get one shot (the run was still before the patch that lowered the damage significantly). Unfortunately it didn't work either due to players being to slow or the shot still killing them despite being behind cover, the boss died in the first attempt though and it was us who died and nobody complained towards the healer.

While LOSing the telegraph may work, most of times she just won't care no matter how well hidden you are. So this is not the most efficient way of dealing with this mechanic. If EVERYONE stands on the telegraph the damage will be shared between everyone, that is a trivial damage to heal up (any decent healer should top you off with an AOE heal, that's another advice: everyone in melee range of the boss for AOE heals) compared to one person losing 80% of their HP or possibly being one shot, especially as it is followed by the small AOEs at your feet.

Edited by demotivator

If EVERYONE stands on the telegraph the damage will be shared between everyone,.

Are you sure the damage is shared? I've mostly just healed through it, or popped a dcd when targeted by it.

It seems like an odd mechanic. Most times with a shot like that everyone standing in it will just take a big hit, not mitigate the individual damage taken. It's a bit counter-intuitive to have everyone stack for a big hit.

It happens to be, that he never did Czerka Core Meltdown. Neither Veteran- nor Master-Mode. This time he queues alone, 100% random groupfinder. They reach the Sandstorm-Generator-Boss. He says to his Twitch-Chat, „Never been here. Is this a boss? What does he do?“, and pulls. He does not inform his group or wait for explanation from his Twitch-Chat.

He stands in the middle of the arena and tanks the boss. The healer does an extraordinary job, but eventually the group gets low and it is a wipe. Right before everyone dies, our tank says „Healer? Why are you not healing?“. He simply has not the situational awareness to grasp, what is going on.

if the healer would have done a extraordinary job no one would have died.

you know that extraordinary means "außergewöhnlich"?

i have seen scoundrels pull 19.5k ehps at that boss. that is extraordinary.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/357648

some healers tell the tank not to move because it is fun to heal

but with an average healer this wont work.

but i am all with you in the guard on heal debate.

as long as 1>0 guard wont help. because 1*0.75 is still bigger than 0.

its a tank issue. if a tank cant grab aggro of all of the mobs in a group he is failing his job. and if you pull aggro as heal and you are attacked by melee mobs. dont run away - run to the group. all tanks do splash dmg .and if they hit those mobs 1 time he will take away that aggro from the heal.

the only heal i guard all the time is my girlfriend <3 but thats just for symbolism and has nothing to do with game mechanics xD

usually i dont guard any random player i dont know in the beginning of a fp.

if someone (usually only vanguards/pts) should pull aggro he will get the child safety leash.

if the healer would have done a extraordinary job no one would have died.

you know that extraordinary means "außergewöhnlich"?

i have seen scoundrels pull 19.5k ehps at that boss. that is extraordinary.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/357648

some healers tell the tank not to move because it is fun to heal

but with an average healer this wont work.

Aaah... sorry, Opiklo. Of course, i know. But as one of the few people on this forums who distinguish between a random group finder healer and a nightmare healer on vacation, i really think, he did really good. Hence "extraordinary".

In other peoples eyes, the healer was of course total garbage because the group died and it was all his fault. He should have deleted his account right away and go back to play "Hello, Kitty!". Perception.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Aaah... sorry, Opiklo. Of course, i know. But as one of the few people on this forums who distinguish between a random group finder healer and a nightmare healer on vacation, i really think, he did really good. Hence "extraordinary".

In other peoples eyes, the healer was of course total garbage because the group died and it was all his fault. He should have deleted his account right away and go back to play "Hello, Kitty!". Perception.

you sir have serious issues on reading comprehension.

the inflationary use of extraordinary isnt helping anyone.

stick to the facts.

average =/= total garbage.

there is no difference between a gf heal and a nim heal on vacation. they have the same abilities in their quickbar..

all people should be judged equally.

he did good does not mean it was extraordinary. it was just good.

why different standards for different people?

snowflake syndrome ?

but discussing with you always is a pain in the a...

you sir have serious issues on reading comprehension.

the inflationary use of extraordinary isnt helping anyone.

stick to the facts.

average =/= total garbage.

there is no difference between a gf heal and a nim heal on vacation. they have the same abilities in their quickbar..

all people should be judged equally.

he did good does not mean it was extraordinary. it was just good.

why different standards for different people?

snowflake syndrome ?

but discussing with you always is a pain in the a...

All people should be judged equally... of course. That is why i tell my 3 year old niece, that her writing skills are... Because she has "the same abilities in her quickbar"... two hands... like everybody else.

I don't compliment only the best performance. I compliment those people, who did better than usual. Who did really good for their skill. You should try it some time.

As of now, i would judge, you would make a real bad kindergarten teacher. :)

But hey... thank you... for lecturing me... again... but if i tell a story, i use the words, i want. I don't write a german police report with only facts.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Not really a GF but a PUG one. Doing DvL WB for the dark one that start with a K. Usually to completely form this group you need atleast 30min to 1 hour, but this one DPS says “why worries? WB are easy af we can do this with 5 guys”. For the record, we haven’t summon yet and our 3 healers still on fleet and at 14/15 people at max. That dps proceed to pull and as you guess it, they wipe and despawn the boss. Everyone got pissed and majority put that guy on ignore.

I don’t check their cheevo since I also still on fleet so idk if its a troll or just an ignorant noobs. But yeah, put them on ignore too and let out a big sigh.

It has probably been a while since that player did a World Boss. For a time, a while back, you could solo many WBs and a group of 4 was enough for the rest.

But things have changed, as that player discovered the hard way. 😅

Even so one would think since we have level sync now, solo-ing WB is not possible. Just a big sigh since DvL WB despawn if you fail to kill it.

Edit: the lead and some people already point out that if they (those in position) wipe, boss will despawn.

Edited by Zechalakazam

Lost Island HM with two friends, all different guilds tho. Our random is a sentinel that keeps pulling a lot of stuff on the way, so I inspect his achievements. He's never done LI before, but doesn't say anything. We decide to try for the bonus boss anyway, even though he's a bit weird (keeps running away from the trash groups and circling back).

I throw in a quick explanation of the first boss for good measure. He runs in circles and dies.

Second boss I ask him if he's new to the fp, he says yes. Explanation follows.

He dies on the second smash.

We silently decide to skip the bonus boss.

Last boss, I type my thing. 'You must think us total noobs', he replies. 'Just you', I say.

Tank pulls, the sentinel doesn't move. He dies to 20 stacks, he's out of reach anyway by that point.

He types in chat about how he should be allowed to figure that stuff out by himself, it's not that hard.

I think back to how we did the first two bosses without him and say 'no' (mostly to the 'not that hard' part, but I do have to heal too, otherwise I might have been a bit more detailed). I mean, sure, by all means figure it out yourself but please not on my time, thank you. By that point he doesn't like me very much anymore and we votekick. He says goodbye like the well-adjusted human being he obviously is. He's my first legacy ignore.

The random after that is also new, but happy about any pointers, so there's that.

He types in chat about how he should be allowed to figure that stuff out by himself, it's not that hard.

The title of this thread distilled into one sentence, although there are other examples.

I've run group content with ingame friends where we learned the mechanics of a FP on the fly. Doing that was agreed to ahead of time. If we pugged to get to 4 players, we stated at the start that we had no idea what to do. Analyzing our defeats and strategizing for the next attempt was a lot of fun.

No way, no how, should a player expect others in a PuG to spend their time and credits (repair bills) while that player tries to figure out fight mechanics on their own, not listening to the other players who are familiar with the fights.

So today I was tanking MM Umbara, while we had some bumps in the road before the final boss (a DPS DC'ed and we had to replace it and someone started the bonus boss fight before I was there, it was overall a smooth run.. up until the final boss, we hit a snag because our DPS wasn't killing the adds.

I bring that up, one of the DPS (a merc) just straights up laugh at my face "We can just focus boss, stop switching to adds"... now, I insist that we should be killing at least one group of adds so they don't pile up too much during burn phase and so we can all survive.

Yet, he insists on focusing exclusively on the Umbaran Tank, some trash talk starts with him trying to claim that the flashpoint is easy, while I argue if its that easy he shouldn't be dying so maybe he can follow the mechanics. Goes even as far as to check my legacy and claim that my ops completion is too low, I fail to see how that is relevant when I'm not the one unable to follow the mechanics of the fight properly.

After one more try the healer had enough and kicks him, both of us add him to ignore and replace him with a relatively new DPS, who thankfully performed well after a try and we were able to down the boss.

• 2 weeks later...

Joined for a DP SM run on my Sage Healer.

Bestia goes fine.

On Tyrans, the Guardian tank does not move an inch once she gets first Simplification, and falls down. A Vanguard (DPS) and a Sentinel end up bouncing aggro back and forth which leads to messy fight and a lot of outgoing damage, but ultimately nobody else dies.

Calph, leader says 1st portal all left, 2nd by frames.

Up until 2nd portal all goes fine, but on 2nd the other healer, a Scoundrel, who was meant to go left, stays outside and dies. The three guys on the left are the Guardian tank, a Sent DPS and a Commando DPS who had 220 gear rating. Then at 2nd crystal the Sentinel calls for taunt on chat a few times, his HP steadily dropping, before he promptly dies (on the other side than me) and shortly thereafter, we wipe due the crystal not being killed.

Someone calls the Sentinel and Commando noobs. Commando says that he is first time, and said so when he joined and still no one explained. Sentinel says that "I was on the crystal until I ran out of DCDs and Calph *****slapped me to death" (direct quote).

Raid leader removes Commando and Sentinel from the group without further word (4 of them, including the leader were from same guild so perhaps they were talking in VC). At that point, as I felt that neither of them did anything wrong, I also quit out of solidarity.

Edited by Adaliaya

Raid leader removes Commando and Sentinel from the group without further word (4 of them, including the leader were from same guild so perhaps they were talking in VC). At that point, as I felt that neither of them did anything wrong, I also quit out of solidarity.

I hate groups like that, they have their own little exclusive guild chat or discord and don't say a word to pugs who might need guidance until they screw up, then get abused for being noobs.

Like I get that some people might not want randoms clogging up their servers, but just send out a simple invitation if they want to chat and then kick them once you're done with the Op.

Kuat Drive Yards. Veteran Flashpoint. Of course.

A level 15 Shadow, a level 43 Consular Healer, a level 75 Consular DPS, and a fourth player. Our fourth player left after the third thrash group is killed. Without any words.

As our group leader, the Level 75 DPS decides that we don't need a new teammate and takes out his Level 50 Companion. „You have to kick me, because there is no way, i risk getting a worse teammate, than my companion. I'm here to get this flashpoint done, and my companion is superior.“.

Everytime i hear this, i just think,

„.... bla bla bla... i'm bad. i'm on a max level toon and i run the easiest of all group content all day and need the best ingame gear to do so and on top of that i need the best overpowered companion too, because otherwise i can't finish things. socializing is not a desired set of skill, other people only exist to pop groupfinder queue for me.... bla bla bla...“.

For me, these kind of people are auto-ignore. What do you think?

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Nah, they just wanna get it done with a companion that does that quicker then the lv 24 tank that would probably fill that 4th slot. Not to mention that you get heroic moment/unity. Considering that he was the only one doing damage, it makes sense that he would want a 2nd "player" that would do something.

Considering that he was the only one doing damage

See... that is exactly the mindset i don't like. "I'm the only player that counts. I'm max level, i do the damage here, other players are not worth my time. I do this with my companion. You guys are only useful to pop my queue.". And the actual sad part is, that they can't even do the right opener on their class.

Not to mention that you get heroic moment/unity.

Another reason not to like that person. Why on earth, do you need heroic moment for the easiest content? What can happen to you in Kuat Drive Yards as a level 75 player, that you need to click unity? The only thing i can imagine is, you are lazy and want to ignore mechanics on one of the bosses. And additionally don't want to go to a kolto station.

There is no valid excuse to choose a companion over a player.

Edited by SoontirMorillo