Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Materials

Cerriphan
10.09.2016 , 03:53 PM | #1
Wow, it used to be pretty easy to find crafting materials on the GTN. Not now though, well at least with some of the lower level mat's anyway. Can't find enough on missions, and getting high level crafting mission drops is getting harder and harder to get or find. Whats up with all that I wonder?
There is no darkness greater darkness in the Universe than that of Ignorance.

Darev
10.10.2016 , 04:13 AM | #2
Last week was a conquest crafting week, so whatever was on the GTN was probably bought up pretty quickly. This week we have 2x xp and while I can't speak for everyone, I started it off leveling toons on other servers instead of playing on either of my regular ones.

psandak
10.10.2016 , 06:47 AM | #3
There are also players pushing to complete the Legendary level of the DvL event and one of the requirements is to level all the crafting skills to max on DvL characters. So some have to purchase materials to complete these goals in a timely fashion.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Reverse Engineering Rules
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

Tsetso
10.10.2016 , 08:12 AM | #4
And some are stockpiling for the coming in 2 weeks Trade Emporium

JattaGin
10.11.2016 , 11:25 AM | #5
I stopped putting mats up for sale longtime ago due to lack of demand (Progenitor). I have hundreds of thousands of mats piling up in my cargo holds. I wouldn't be surprised if I am not the only one. There should be a "request / looking for" tab in the GTN. "LF 10 x Desh for 100 CR". That would be awesome.
<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>
Looking for a referal? Here you go.
What is this? Check the info.
Thank you and have fun!

psandak
10.11.2016 , 01:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I stopped putting mats up for sale longtime ago due to lack of demand (Progenitor). I have hundreds of thousands of mats piling up in my cargo holds. I wouldn't be surprised if I am not the only one. There should be a "request / looking for" tab in the GTN. "LF 10 x Desh for 100 CR". That would be awesome.
That is a very interesting idea: a reverse GTN - post what you need and how much you are willing to pay for it and then someone can fill that request if they choose. The question is how would the GTN cut function? Right now when someone buys something, 6% of credits are deducted when the sale goes through. But If you post that you want 10 desh and are willing to pay 100 credits, but then the respondent only gets 94 credits...that might prove upsetting even though the same thing would have happened had they posted those 10 desh for 100 credits on the normal GTN.

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Reverse Engineering Rules
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

Tsetso
10.12.2016 , 04:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
That is a very interesting idea: a reverse GTN - post what you need and how much you are willing to pay for it and then someone can fill that request if they choose. The question is how would the GTN cut function? Right now when someone buys something, 6% of credits are deducted when the sale goes through. But If you post that you want 10 desh and are willing to pay 100 credits, but then the respondent only gets 94 credits...that might prove upsetting even though the same thing would have happened had they posted those 10 desh for 100 credits on the normal GTN.
Even better would be the GW2 system.

psandak
10.12.2016 , 10:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Even better would be the GW2 system.
Never played it, so please elaborate.

Tsetso
10.12.2016 , 11:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Never played it, so please elaborate.
Well, for the most part the seller places x number of items on their GTN putting whatever price/iterm he wants of course. There are 3 main differences
1. The GTN itself gives you the average price this item sells for
2. The buyer just enter the amount of items he wants to buy. The GTN calculates how much it will cost and gathers it automatically from all the sellers.
3. The system is cross-server.
[edit]
4. The buyer can just make a bulk order stating price and leave it there, depositing the money. When the order is complete the items are mailed.
[edit]
Actually here's a wiki that explains it a lot better than me https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post