Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't Change Email, Customer Support Not Helping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can't Change Email, Customer Support Not Helping

Chouonsoku
12.13.2011 , 03:24 PM | #1
I've been trying to change the email address associated with my account for at least two months now, and every time I try, I receive a validation email with a broken link. I've contacted Customer Service on three separate occasions and they've either responded with a standard email that has nothing to do with my problem, or they've told me they'll look into the issue and respond later. Obviously that never happened.

https://account.swtor.com/user/validate/error

That is the URL I get forwarded to every time I try to validate my email. I can't receive emails for this game at my old email address, and at this point I just want to cancel my pre-order and be done with it. However, EA and BioWare make this pretty difficult since I can't even find a page saying I've paid for the game other than the page with the pre-order code I entered.

LordHeatrows
12.13.2011 , 05:48 PM | #2
i just want to check something cause i might have the same problem as you.

Did you create an Origin account with the new e-mail adress? (not the old one, the e-mail adress for wich you are trying to change).
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

LordHeatrows
12.13.2011 , 05:59 PM | #3
i just want to check something cause i might have the same problem as you.

Did you create an Origin account with the new e-mail adress? (not the old one, the e-mail adress for wich you are trying to change).
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.