The gree event.

Alyssis

The events have been a cakewalk ever since it started.. You get bolstered, being able to do it at lvl 50.. The xeno SM and HM was just as easy, people were already way over-geared the last time the event was live. People don't care about it being lvl 50, 55 or 60. Most people just want to be able to get the components, and rep needed.

And we also care about the fact that they wont tell us anything, leaving most people clueless in the general chat, asking for how to get gray helix components for this super awesome mount that was added on a vendor that will be here til 6th of January, and then go away again.

I second this motion!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they listen to the players on this topic, they put such little effort into the expac recycling and scaling old content for "new" 60 hm flashpoints, if they can do that , they can do this, but like people have been saying i dont think it matters what the bosses drop for gear, as long as we get our helix components , although not too long ago they said they were increasing the droprate for the red gree mount, and that was after the last gree event..i dont know what the problem with bioware is, if its they have a ridiculously small development team, or what , but skipping an event that only comes 2x a year , could be the final nail in the coffin for alot of players already unhappy with this game

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I can confirm that it is definitely our plan to bring the Gree event back at some point in the future. When the event returns, it will also be scaled up to level 60. Unfortunately, I don’t have any details around timing yet but stay tuned for any future announcements!

Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

I can confirm that it is definitely our plan to bring the Gree event back at some point in the future. When the event returns, it will also be scaled up to level 60. Unfortunately, I don’t have any details around timing yet but stay tuned for any future announcements!

Thanks!

-eric

Can we expect the Cyan Sphere added to the Gree vendor, for those didn't have the helixes saved up, or will we have to wait until next year?

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

you got till next tuesdays update...

• Dev Post
Can we expect the Cyan Sphere added to the Gree vendor, for those didn't have the helixes saved up, or will we have to wait until next year?

I am not sure yet on specific details like that. I will make sure feedback like this is passed on though!

-eric

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Can you try to explain why the Cyan Sphere was added, even listed up in your posts about how we can buy it again, when the amount of people that actually have enough helixes to buy the mount is close to, or even below zero. (Everyone spent these components on decorations..)

Somewhere, something had to have gone wrong, as i'm sure it was your plan to combine the events again, like last year. I mean, why change it up, if you had something good going. And also, explain, why its not possible to just bring it back at 55, like it was.. You were able to turn the event on, without a single patch or anything, so everything is in there.. We would like some answers to this.. I know i would...

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

What about the Gree Conquest achievement.

As the Death Mark conquest isn't tied to the bounty week will we be seeing the conquest anytime soon or is that dependent on the Gree event ever coming back if it can be scaled for level 60.

Can you try to explain why the Cyan Sphere was added, even listed up in your posts about how we can buy it again, when the amount of people that actually have enough helixes to buy the mount is close to, or even below zero. (Everyone spent these components on decorations).

Not 0, I bought one, it's called planning ahead.

Not 0, I bought one, it's called planning ahead.

Hey, guess what! You and Bioware have something in common then... you both figured out a way to tell the player base off.

Problem is, individually that just makes you a dick, which... honestly, is ok. But not what I would recommend as a viable company policy.

This thing should have been solved before it happened, easiest solution would have been to remove the gree requirement entirely. Other solution, just give the mount away to people who log in. Keeping something that is obviously broken by being out of reach for the majority of the player base, especially a holiday reward.. is beyond dickish. Its plain mean spirited.

'Better luck next year guys!'

Hey, guess what! You and Bioware have something in common then... you both figured out a way to tell the player base off.

Problem is, individually that just makes you a dick, which... honestly, is ok. But not what I would recommend as a viable company policy.

This thing should have been solved before it happened, easiest solution would have been to remove the gree requirement entirely. Other solution, just give the mount away to people who log in. Keeping something that is obviously broken by being out of reach for the majority of the player base, especially a holiday reward.. is beyond dickish. Its plain mean spirited.

'Better luck next year guys!'

Not really. It's just a carry over vendor from last year. Some people do have Helix Components lying around; and they aren't jerks for having them. It isn't broken. They shouldn't give it away. They shouldn't make it free. They shouldn't remove the helix requirement.

They should add it to the Gree Rep vendor for the next time the Gree event is around.

Edited by azudelphi

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

But Eric, that's the point we're all trying to make. We're not worried about the 'gear' or whatever dropping from the mobs/bosses, we want the event to come back so we can get more grey helixes. If it's way out in the future because you guys aren't able to scale it to 60 right now, either take out the cyan sphere this year or make it available in some other way. Deciding to just completely cancel the event will probably make a few people upset.

Alot of us used the grey helixes we DID have for stronghold decorations or offhands.

I saved up Gree components and bought the cyan sphere right when it came out this life say season. It should NOT be part of the Gree vendor, it's a life item. For players like myself who thought ahead we should not be punished by caving into these demands. Keep life rewards for life day.

good for you BUT

some of us wanted the legacy weapons/offhands, plus some dont have the rep required to even purchase it ..

even if someone had the helix's how are they supposed to get the rep to purchase it, like ive said they should at least put the dailys in

Not really. It's just a carry over vendor from last year. Some people do have Helix Components lying around; and they aren't jerks for having them. It isn't broken. They shouldn't give it away. They shouldn't make it free. They shouldn't remove the helix requirement.

They should add it to the Gree Rep vendor for the next time the Gree event is around.

Actually, yes. They should. Yes, it is. And yes, they are.

Telling people too bad... I saved up for it and sucks to be you.. is the very definition of jerkish behaviour. If the reward requires players to save multiple pieces across a few events, fine. But the event should be on a fairly short rotation.. this is a yearly rotation, and the requirement is currently unattainable. Also, not every player was around last year. So for those players, it is VERY much broken.

And seriously dude, its a Holiday/Christmas event... bad bad form all around.

Telling people too bad... I saved up for it and sucks to be you.. is the very definition of jerkish behaviour. If the reward requires players to save multiple pieces across a few events, fine. But the event should be on a fairly short rotation.. this is a yearly rotation, and the requirement is currently unattainable. Also, not every player was around last year. So for those players, it is VERY much broken.

And seriously dude, its a Holiday/Christmas event... bad bad form all around.

This is the problem with the world today, this entitlement attitude that everything that is hard to get or takes effort should be given away. No, I worked hard for it and stood around while everyone else got cool Gree decorations, knowing that when the Cyan Sphere came out I would grab it. Should've thought ahead.

Telling people too bad... I saved up for it and sucks to be you..

Except that's not what they said. It was simply stated that they saved up and don't agree with it being changed. You don't have to agree with that of course but calling them what you did and then putting words in their mouth isn't exactly a rational response.

But Eric, that's the point we're all trying to make. We're not worried about the 'gear' or whatever dropping from the mobs/bosses, we want the event to come back so we can get more grey helixes. If it's way out in the future because you guys aren't able to scale it to 60 right now, either take out the cyan sphere this year or make it available in some other way. Deciding to just completely cancel the event will probably make a few people upset.

Alot of us used the grey helixes we DID have for stronghold decorations or offhands.

This. Just getting the event going, regardless of the level, would be nice thing for the players who have yet to participate. Heck, not scaling it up at this point would be a nice Life Day gift for the players looking to get their helixes.

Putting at 60 this soon after the expansion is a mistake. I can not believe they are going this direction. There will be people that don't even have a single level 60 character yet and many of us will only have 1. Those that have level 60's will probably not be geared for Xeno in HM. This event will be all about dailies and a few people getting to do Xeno in SM. It would be a waste of an event IMHO.

I can understand it if they provide a bolster to level 60 and if that's the case,bolster away. Making it a straight level 60 requirement this soon is just wrong.

In the mean time, like others mentioned, stop trolling us with the Cyan Sphere mount.

This is the problem with the world today, this entitlement attitude that everything that is hard to get or takes effort should be given away. No, I worked hard for it and stood around while everyone else got cool Gree decorations, knowing that when the Cyan Sphere came out I would grab it. Should've thought ahead.

Just curious, how should a new player to the game have "thought ahead" on this? Should they have to wait a whole year now to get the mount because they joined after the last Gree Event?

Edited by irishseeker
Specification

Again, you are missing the point... this is a Holiday event on a yearly schedule. What the hell does entitlement have to do with a Christmas event? I'll be blunt buddy, I call ******** on you and your mindset, you are simply being a ***** because hey.... you got something that other people can't, so in some small way it makes you feel more awesome then people Bioware stuck it to this year.

As others have posted, the whole 'not tuned properly to level 60' seems like a cop-out to me. They ran it at level 50 when the cap was 55, so I see no reason to run it at level 55 while the cap is at 60. Quick, someone contact Hamlet Solo! There seems to be something rotten in the state of TOR...

Also,

Yeah, that's what is the problem with the world today. The world doesn't need to worry about the political and ethical scandals, economic crises, or killings/genocide occurring; it just needs to clean up all this silly entitlement attitude, and all will be well! :rolleyes:

(Sorry, everyone, but the whole 'entitlement' card has been overplayed and flogged to death, and I'm surprised this poster didn't tell us all to get off his lawn while he was at it.)