Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

tausra
09.01.2014 , 10:40 PM | #761
Which is what I thought. Means it is possible though, and considering Dooku knows the ins and outs of their design, something that the troops would know.
"Sith, children of Sith, warriors everywhere, I declare a new Empire, open to all who long for conquest, freedom from inhibition and the right to follow their passions." -Emperor Malgus

Beniboybling
09.02.2014 , 04:38 PM | #762
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
OK, I've finished up my write-up of how the Fist will deal with the CICs droid forces.

Spoiler

Basically, numbers, training, and tactics are what will see the Fist to victory over the CICs droids. What more do you need, really?
Interesting arguments, however I think we need to factor the stealthed transports into this, that will make it difficult to outflank your opponents and apply expertise.

Selenial
09.02.2014 , 05:14 PM | #763
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Don't forget however that the Black Sun information networks surpass that of Imperial Intelligence, which makes deception extremely difficult,
Please tell me this was a joke.

If not, I never want to see your face again ._.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Beniboybling
09.02.2014 , 05:34 PM | #764
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Please tell me this was a joke.

If not, I never want to see your face again ._.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Ee02WLxGk

It was involved in every known type of illegal activity; its information networks surpassed even the accuracy and scope of Imperial Intelligence.

--Taken from Wookieepedia, source: SWG Trading Card Game

No joke I'm afraid :\

Aurbere
09.02.2014 , 08:53 PM | #765
Interesting arguments, however I think we need to factor the stealthed transports into this, that will make it difficult to outflank your opponents and apply expertise.
Well, my strategies were mainly referring to when the battle starts. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how to deal with stealth transports. Right now, I'm thinking that the AT-ST's holographic maps will be able to pick up some distortion that the transports make as they travel.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
09.02.2014 , 08:54 PM | #766
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Ee02WLxGk

It was involved in every known type of illegal activity; its information networks surpassed even the accuracy and scope of Imperial Intelligence.

--Taken from Wookieepedia, source: SWG Trading Card Game

No joke I'm afraid :\
That's referring to the Galactic Empire's Intel network, not the Sith Empire's Intel network. I think the Sith Empire's intel network is superior, but I'm not entirely sure.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Silenceo
09.02.2014 , 09:02 PM | #767
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That's referring to the Galactic Empire's Intel network, not the Sith Empire's Intel network. I think the Sith Empire's intel network is superior, but I'm not entirely sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKxuAaQBnQU

SI is good but Galactic Empire's is just...so much better. Granted, it hasn't had as much exposure, but out right saying that the SI is so tremendously superior...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbkN9vb__8

One thing we have to keep in mind is that most heroes strength is in direct relation to their Foe Quality, and SiS was pretty pathetic, and not just from SI's efforts. The Rebellion was going nearly toe to toe with GE Intelligence with its Bothan Spies.

Wait... Have Bothans even been mentioned in SWTOR?! *This last part isn't meant to reflect upon the decision, just curious* The spies I mean. I know there are a few NPC's.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Wolfninjajedi
09.02.2014 , 09:28 PM | #768
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKxuAaQBnQU

SI is good but Galactic Empire's is just...so much better. Granted, it hasn't had as much exposure, but out right saying that the SI is so tremendously superior...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbkN9vb__8

One thing we have to keep in mind is that most heroes strength is in direct relation to their Foe Quality, and SiS was pretty pathetic, and not just from SI's efforts. The Rebellion was going nearly toe to toe with GE Intelligence with its Bothan Spies.

Wait... Have Bothans even been mentioned in SWTOR?! *This last part isn't meant to reflect upon the decision, just curious* The spies I mean. I know there are a few NPC's.
The Spynetwork was established in 300 BBY. So....yeah, no Spynet Work during TOR era.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Silenceo
09.02.2014 , 09:30 PM | #769
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The Spynetwork was established in 300 BBY. So....yeah, no Spynet Work during TOR era.
Good to know, just one of those things I took for granted I guess. Thanks for that Wolf.

(Not sarcasm, even though it sounds like it)
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Wolfninjajedi
09.02.2014 , 09:34 PM | #770
Also what has the SI even done? It's still a fairly new/vague thing that came up after the collapse of the SE II.

I really doubt the SI is superior to the GE II when it hasn't even done anything nor have anything established. I mean...unless of course you guys are using the SE II for the SI....which then doesn't it make more sense to use the SE II?

Unless someone already has that in one of their factions? I probably missed something.

More to that, you guys act like just because the Black Sun is a criminal organization and not a government one. That it can't have anything superior.

Considering that the Black Sun(as described to be embedded within the galaxy) is everywhere, why wouldn't it have an information network that surpasses even the gov'ts?

Disregarding that quote from the TCG(which if anyone does remember or can find a picture showing that it's legit, would be nice), it's still not that hard to believe, that the Black Sun would be able to quickly gather and move information.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.