Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

weapons from the manaan vendor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
weapons from the manaan vendor

thatPERSON's Avatar


thatPERSON
08.24.2014 , 02:18 PM | #1
i really love these two new weapons buy why arent they legacy? it requires rep to use them which is a legacy wide thing but these weapons arent legacy? why is that? the one cool thing bioware adds to a legacy vendor and its not even bound to legacy

Veeland's Avatar


Veeland
08.25.2014 , 05:38 AM | #2
I could not agree more with you. No BOE or BOP items from FP vendors! They should all be BOL, like other (older) FP area rewards: Gree, Czerka, Oricon etc etc. Everything else is just there to encourage farming for drops and is just plain lame.

1. We should have a rep organisation for the whole story Arc.
2. Access to rewards should be given based on your reputation within the organisation.
3. All armors and weapons BOL, the same for vehicles and pets so you can trade them with your legacy.
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

thatPERSON's Avatar


thatPERSON
08.25.2014 , 06:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Veeland View Post
I could not agree more with you. No BOE or BOP items from FP vendors! They should all be BOL, like other (older) FP area rewards: Gree, Czerka, Oricon etc etc. Everything else is just there to encourage farming for drops and is just plain lame.

1. We should have a rep organisation for the whole story Arc.
2. Access to rewards should be given based on your reputation within the organisation.
3. All armors and weapons BOL, the same for vehicles and pets so you can trade them with your legacy.
or at least make it so BoP gear can be put into legacy storage. i dont see how this would hurt the economy at all, i think it might actually help. people would be able to have the look they want without legacy gear so they would go out and by the gear.

Kayne_Darksun's Avatar


Kayne_Darksun
08.27.2014 , 03:27 PM | #4
You realize the currency for these items is *not* bound, yes? Just trade them over to the toon you want the gear on, then once they have ship access, go get it.

Sure, you have to wait through starter and first planets to do that. But, it's not that big a problem.

thatPERSON's Avatar


thatPERSON
08.30.2014 , 08:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayne_Darksun View Post
You realize the currency for these items is *not* bound, yes? Just trade them over to the toon you want the gear on, then once they have ship access, go get it.

Sure, you have to wait through starter and first planets to do that. But, it's not that big a problem.
you completely miss the point... the reason i want it bound to legacy is not only for the look, but so i dont have to gear up two toons. with this being legacy i would be able to gear up one toon and still send it to the mirror class on the opposite faction. its what i do for my raiding gear, i geared up my marauder, put the gear in legacy and bam, my sentinel is geared too.

Kintosi's Avatar


Kintosi
08.30.2014 , 10:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
you completely miss the point... the reason i want it bound to legacy is not only for the look, but so i dont have to gear up two toons. with this being legacy i would be able to gear up one toon and still send it to the mirror class on the opposite faction. its what i do for my raiding gear, i geared up my marauder, put the gear in legacy and bam, my sentinel is geared too.
Not to burst your bubble, but i think that is exactly what bioware wants to avoid by making these weapons BOE. They dont like insta-gearing of alts by mailing things between characters. Legacy gear already allows you to do this. You just move the mods you want into BOL gear, and mail it over. want a different cosmetic shell? move the mods out and put them in the manaan gear. Its just another credit sync.

If bioware was okay with gearing alts easily, they would allow BOE (bound) and BOP items as well as credits in legacy storage. It really can break a game when you can be instantly raid geared as soon as you hit 55. that was one of my beefs with SWG. make it to level 20? here's a set of tradeable armor as good as endgame! It just spitsi n the face of people who worked hard in the first place.
Kintosi Nalyd - Jedi Weaponsmaster
'Squadron 367' 'Regulators'

<RCOD>

CrownofGold's Avatar


CrownofGold
08.30.2014 , 10:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kintosi View Post
Not to burst your bubble, but i think that is exactly what bioware wants to avoid by making these weapons BOE. They dont like insta-gearing of alts by mailing things between characters. Legacy gear already allows you to do this. You just move the mods you want into BOL gear, and mail it over. want a different cosmetic shell? move the mods out and put them in the manaan gear. Its just another credit sync.

If bioware was okay with gearing alts easily, they would allow BOE (bound) and BOP items as well as credits in legacy storage. It really can break a game when you can be instantly raid geared as soon as you hit 55. that was one of my beefs with SWG. make it to level 20? here's a set of tradeable armor as good as endgame! It just spitsi n the face of people who worked hard in the first place.
Your point is moot, there are ALREADY Bind to Legacy Weapons to go along with Bound to Legacy Armor. They even now have Bind to legacy OFFHANDS via the Gree Event Vendors. The only items that there are not BTL items as of the time I write this are Earpiece, Implants and Relics, which are quite easy to attain a decent set for by just grinding a few warzones to get the top gear Warzone stuff which will still make you viable for even hard mode ops if the rest of the gear is strong enough to compensate.

Bioware choosing to not make these weapons BTL is simply out of place and awkward. Perhaps because these weapons are easily attainable? Unlike the Event Vendors (Gree, Bounty Hunter) that are not as easy to come by?

Hmmmmm.....
"I am Revan reborn and before me you are nothing!"
Let me refer You! http://www.swtor.com/r/3QF8R4

thatPERSON's Avatar


thatPERSON
08.31.2014 , 10:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CrownofGold View Post
Your point is moot, there are ALREADY Bind to Legacy Weapons to go along with Bound to Legacy Armor. They even now have Bind to legacy OFFHANDS via the Gree Event Vendors. The only items that there are not BTL items as of the time I write this are Earpiece, Implants and Relics, which are quite easy to attain a decent set for by just grinding a few warzones to get the top gear Warzone stuff which will still make you viable for even hard mode ops if the rest of the gear is strong enough to compensate.

Bioware choosing to not make these weapons BTL is simply out of place and awkward. Perhaps because these weapons are easily attainable? Unlike the Event Vendors (Gree, Bounty Hunter) that are not as easy to come by?

Hmmmmm.....
my thoughts exactly. he's trying to use an argument that is so invalid that i started to chuckle.


Quote: Originally Posted by Kintosi View Post
Not to burst your bubble, but i think that is exactly what bioware wants to avoid by making these weapons BOE. They dont like insta-gearing of alts by mailing things between characters. Legacy gear already allows you to do this. You just move the mods you want into BOL gear, and mail it over. want a different cosmetic shell? move the mods out and put them in the manaan gear. Its just another credit sync.

If bioware was okay with gearing alts easily, they would allow BOE (bound) and BOP items as well as credits in legacy storage. It really can break a game when you can be instantly raid geared as soon as you hit 55. that was one of my beefs with SWG. make it to level 20? here's a set of tradeable armor as good as endgame! It just spitsi n the face of people who worked hard in the first place.
then why do they have legacy gear? if BW feels the way you say they feel then they are dumb for adding legacy gear. not to burst your bubble but they dont feel this way. positive they feel that legacy gear is good for the game cause then people will do more raiding/pvp at end game cause they dont have to sink their time into a useless toon for a week which kind of turns people off. your argument was not only killed long before you made it, it is also a horrible argument.