Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Star Wars Books (And Books about Mandalorians)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Best Star Wars Books (And Books about Mandalorians)

Horacio
08.15.2014 , 08:24 AM | #31
EU books are written for a wide audience and shouldn't be considered high literature but someof them can be interesting, fun reads.

I think my favorite was probably 'I, Jedi" as Corran Horn was one of my favorite EU characters. Most stuff by Zahn is pretty good but the latest one he put out "Scoundrels" I found to be pretty awful IMHO.
Baeric - PT - DPS
Najeh - Assassin - Tank
Lugwrench - Commando - Heals

KrazyXc
08.17.2014 , 10:11 PM | #32
I haven't read a ton of Star Wars books but I accidentally stumbled upon the Han Solo Trilogy in my younger years and I'm glad that I did. It's a 3 book set by A.C. Crispin - The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit and Rebel Dawn. They provide some back story and span all the way up to moments before meeting Luke and Obi-Wan. They are definitely a good read.

ShayBurns
08.25.2014 , 03:28 PM | #33
I've only read the Darth Bane books :T I'm looking to move my way up through the timeline. But I loved the Darth Bane books; they were a great introduction to the SW literature world.

LtBombshell
08.28.2014 , 11:07 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
The more I read in this thread about her writings the more I want to read them
Just go into the books with an open mind. Then, once you finish the series, do some research on the controversy.

YoshiRaphElan
09.02.2014 , 08:38 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffrenBrek View Post
Opinions differ, I suppose. I absolutely loved the fact that it made Star Wars a bit darker, grey and that it was (still is) the only time the enemy wasn't Imperial/Sith. The character development was superb, I thought and the best part was the fact there wasn't anymore "main character invincibility" (Luke being in serious trouble, the Falcon barely escaping and the Solo kids getting captured did get a bit boring after a while)

But I am curious, you said you read until book six or seven...

Spoiler
This. If you stop at book six or seven, you miss the best part of the series.

Spoiler