Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Son of Dathomir Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Son of Dathomir Discussion Thread

Aurbere
08.20.2014 , 11:56 AM | #1
So what did everyone think of the series? Were you satisfied? Would you have preferred it put to television?

Share your thoughts, but use spoilers for those who haven't read it yet.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Slowpokeking
08.20.2014 , 11:31 PM | #2
So according to current canon, does Maul know his master's real identity? If he knew, I don't think Sidious would spare him in the end at all.

Selenial
08.21.2014 , 02:05 AM | #3
Yes he does, he knew about the grand plan.
But why would the Jedi believe him?

Anyway, yeh, I really wish they'd made that into the TV episodes that were already planned. And they were too short
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Slowpokeking
08.21.2014 , 10:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post

Anyway, yeh, I really wish they'd made that into the TV episodes that were already planned. And they were too short
Because he's the apprentice?

I don't see Sidious(think about how he does things) would let him running around with the top secret, especially when the Jedi knew a little about Order 66 and the existence of Sidious.

Aurbere
08.21.2014 , 10:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post

I do too. You could tell the story was meant for the actual show. It would have been better than most of S6s content, that's for sure.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

sell-dog
08.23.2014 , 09:41 PM | #6
Spoiler
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

Beniboybling
08.27.2014 , 07:58 AM | #7
Just got round to reading it, it was good, obviously would have been much better on screen however.

But I agree with Sell-Dog, what happened to Maul's resolution? Is he ever going to die?

Silenceo
08.27.2014 , 11:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Is he ever going to die?
I have a hunch he will become this Era's Darth Sion... If ya know what I mean...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...