Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some dark side options don't seem "bad" or "evil".

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Some dark side options don't seem "bad" or "evil".

Aresnar
06.28.2014 , 01:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
The military can requisition new medicine.
AND the soldiers were active participants in the war, the refugees are innocent bystanders.

I don't remember EXACTLY what they say, but IIRC no soldiers die if you give the medicine to the refugees.
So basically the military should just tell their soldiers to bleed slowly while they wait for the requisition to be processed, the medicine to be gathered (if there is any to be had) and shipped (assuming the Empire does not cause problems in transport) and then finally have it reach them?

Thing is most people who need medicine (during a war) need it right now rather then wait a few days/weeks.

rantboi
06.28.2014 , 03:13 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
The "good" guys for the Republic don't do mercy killing, that's all.
yeah, but they end up killing him anyway when he attacks

MishraArtificer
06.29.2014 , 06:09 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
But that's precisely the OPPOSITE of what's going on.

Spoiler
Actually, I just went through that quest again, and...
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Jedi_riches
07.03.2014 , 09:24 AM | #34
The one that gets me is the quest on courasant where you get the chance to expose a senator who is trying to sell out the republic to the empire, but you actually get LS points for protecting the senator (essentially letting him carry on trying to get in bed with the enemy) and DS points for telling everyone what he is up to.

Spetulhu
07.03.2014 , 09:45 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
The one that gets me is the quest on courasant where you get the chance to expose a senator who is trying to sell out the republic to the empire, but you actually get LS points for protecting the senator (essentially letting him carry on trying to get in bed with the enemy) and DS points for telling everyone what he is up to.
IIRC the Senator is actually working openly, within the democratic process. He's about to propose an alliance with the Sith for whatever reasons, not stage a coup to overthrow the Senate and then make an alliance. Besides you're being asked to steal government documents by a random stranger - do you have any idea what those papers really are and what she'll do with them?

It's a pretty confusing quest in any case, there I agree.

tausra
07.05.2014 , 11:32 PM | #36
So long as the senator is doing things legally and openly, they have the right to free speech. It's the same as some religious extremist factions being elected into to office. Everyone has the right to express their ideals and work towards achieving them, peacefully.
"Sith, children of Sith, warriors everywhere, I declare a new Empire, open to all who long for conquest, freedom from inhibition and the right to follow their passions." -Emperor Malgus

Jandi
07.06.2014 , 03:41 AM | #37
The only way to defeat a bad idea is with a better one. Underhanded tactics serve only to entrentch people in their beliefs.

StillJyl
07.11.2014 , 01:37 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by tausra View Post
So long as the senator is doing things legally and openly, they have the right to free speech. It's the same as some religious extremist factions being elected into to office. Everyone has the right to express their ideals and work towards achieving them, peacefully.
That's the problem, though. He isn't doing things in the open. Spirakriss hires you to steal the diplomatic parcel precisely so her "True Republic" can expose what the Senator is up to. You're basically getting DS points for being a whistle blower.

wiseassguy
07.12.2014 , 06:49 AM | #39
When it comes to playing trooper i usually am DS, mostly cause i choose to follow orders and further the republics war efforts. Most of these choices are DS, even if they are deemed the right thing to do.
The Mitchell Legacy (too cheap to change it to a more lore based name)

Why not use my refer a friend for some freebies? http://www.swtor.com/r/4xLRB9

Pingonaut
07.12.2014 , 06:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaBlade View Post
For that moon bit else where in the game in the JC you crash a ship into a moon and it causes problems for the planet. I think a ship and a barrage of high yield missiles would affect a moon in at least a similar way. Or having chunks of the moon blow off and even crash into the planet. There are many ways in which that barrage of missiles could affect the moon and the planet as a result.

So both choices are dark sided in a regard, just one for quick loss of life, other is for later loss of life or loss of a planet.
I don't know what kind of explosives you've got knowledge of that nobody else does, but no missiles houses there could have blown off large chunks of the moon large enough to get through the atmosphere to do any damage. Even if they did, those chunks wouldn't be shot out of orbit and toward the planet, at the most they would orbit the planet or the moon itself.

Quote: Originally Posted by StillJyl View Post
That's the problem, though. He isn't doing things in the open. Spirakriss hires you to steal the diplomatic parcel precisely so her "True Republic" can expose what the Senator is up to. You're basically getting DS points for being a whistle blower.
Not exactly. He is going through the diplomatic process, not doing sneaky business. These bills or whatever he is trying to pass has no chance when it gets voted on, and is not a thread to the security of the Jedi and the Republic. Plus, you're stealing government documents for a person who says she's going to use them to "expose" this guy for what he is, but you don't know her. I skip this quest, though. I don't want it to be part of my story. It's just too vague.