Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 2.8b bug - No Server list!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patch 2.8b bug - No Server list!

Knight_Of_Ham
06.18.2014 , 07:54 AM | #1
Since the patch I can't get on any server, because there is no server list. What the hell? You guys did a mid week maintenance because of a "groupfinder-bug". There were times with severe bugs and you decided to wait a few days until you fixed it. And this time there is this small group finder bug (which isn't new, because this same bug was there in the beginning of the groupfinder) and you decide to do the maintenance ONE day after the day you would normally patch. According to the forum the missing server list is only one part of the problem. Missing heads, problems with the interface... these things have nothing to do with the groupfinder, so why are they affected?

Back to my question: Where can I get a server list?
May the 4th be with you!

Matty-moo
06.18.2014 , 06:46 PM | #2
Same issue here.

Anyone got a suggestion?

stifmyster
06.18.2014 , 09:51 PM | #3
I have the exact same problem. Also when i try use the support system I get an "updating list" message that is indefinite and I can't use the repair function as it is blacked out and says "Repair can only be used if problems are detected while patching"

It seems like there's no response from the Server side of things.

Alivents
06.18.2014 , 10:55 PM | #4
if u have any probs with language text or graphic issues like headless chararacters delete ur BitRaider. after that ur launcher will start an update and its all good.

this could be find here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic

if not, delete ur CacheDiskArena : C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor

PS: i know it sounds crazy but i delete my BitRaider befor i start my launcher for new patch.

Alivents
06.18.2014 , 10:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by stifmyster View Post
I have the exact same problem. Also when i try use the support system I get an "updating list" message that is indefinite and I can't use the repair function as it is blacked out and says "Repair can only be used if problems are detected while patching"

that means u need to delete a file or something befor u can use repair funktion. ive postet what u can do, hope it works for u too. a few guys, ive told them this, are happy

stifmyster
06.18.2014 , 11:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Alivents View Post
that means u need to delete a file or something befor u can use repair funktion. ive postet what u can do, hope it works for u too. a few guys, ive told them this, are happy

Thank you. Can confirm this allowed me to get into the servers.

OwenBrooks
06.19.2014 , 01:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by stifmyster View Post

Just to clear this up, there is 2 patching methods

Letters ST on the lower left of the launcher = streaming mode (bitraider) the repair in the lower left cog will never work, to do a repair is to delete the bitraider folder as per http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

No Letters ST on the lower left of the launcher = non streaming (SSN) first you need to be logged into the launcher and just before pressing play , then the repair button in the lower left cog will function.

The DiskCacheArena file is one of the games cachefiles and can be safely deleted when the game isn't running, it auto recreates on the next launch

Lord_Gryphon
06.19.2014 , 02:32 PM | #8
This worked for me Thanx

Zonderman
06.19.2014 , 04:42 PM | #9
worked for me too thanks
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH ME