Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG]Nameplate bug is worse than ever.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
[BUG]Nameplate bug is worse than ever.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
05.21.2014 , 01:20 AM | #1
This has been a problem -and really annoying bug- for the longest time. Whenever someone switches instance the nameplates will be gone. Well, since the patch yesterday the game is seemingly labeling warzones instances so whenever you zone out from a warzone you'll encounter the bug, making it more or less impossible to play unless you log out and in again. I'd take it as far as saying that it's gamebreaking and you need to throw in an emergency fix.

TaitWatson
05.21.2014 , 07:56 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We're aware of this issue and have been looking into it. We don't have a fix for it yet, but I'll let everyone know when we do!
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bstr
05.21.2014 , 11:17 AM | #3
When I get this bug, doing a UI reset with Ctrl+U twice usually fixes it. Occasionally, it does not.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

funkiestj
05.21.2014 , 11:39 AM | #4
repeating OP's comment. missing nameplate bug seemed far worse for me yesterday.

Please fix this.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

abhaxus
05.21.2014 , 07:39 PM | #5
happening more often for me as well. changing instances usually fixes it.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando

Jediheals
06.06.2014 , 03:49 PM | #6
I get this every time I go into a WZ which makes them virtually unplayable as Ctrl + U twice does not fix it and you can not log to fix it and remain in the WZ. Not knowing your target or next target is quite frustrating. I understand that the cause is unknown but since it has been going on for over 2 weeks now, I am hoping that next weeks patch has a fix in it.

I go into a WZ and there are no nameplates at all, on either team. All I get is a light colored circle around the feet of my target. If you are not on the same level or there is something on the ground, this circle is very difficult to see. Sometimes there will be a circle around their body but not that often. About one out of 50 WZ there is no issue, but all of the others are very difficult to be able to contribute and participate well in. Everything on my PC is up to date and it does not matter what UI I use as it occurs with both default and custom UI's.

Prototypemind
06.06.2014 , 09:00 PM | #7
Are no nameplates at all working once this happens? I have only enemy nameplates on, and they still work, as well as friendly players if I click on them, so just wondering how the issue presents itself.

Saregon
06.07.2014 , 05:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
When I get this bug, doing a UI reset with Ctrl+U twice usually fixes it. Occasionally, it does not.
This has never worked with regard to the issue being discussed here, it must've been something else.
Master Saregon - 55 Jedi Shadow
55 Jedi Sage | 55 Jedi Guardian | 55 Gunslinger | 55 Scoundrel
55 Sith Assassin | 55 Mercenary | 55 Sniper | 55 Operative

N e v e r . F o r g e t

Jediheals
06.11.2014 , 01:20 PM | #9
Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still have the issue. I have been a sub since launch. I logged my son's account that started as f2p and now is in preferred status and did not have the issues with his account. This makes me feel better that it isn't my PC but at the same time worse since it affects my long time sub account and not a f2p one....

Narfarrlan
07.01.2014 , 08:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
We're aware of this issue and have been looking into it. We don't have a fix for it yet, but I'll let everyone know when we do!
Hi Tait ,

Please can we have an update to this bug it has been around for over a year, here are some of the threads I could find about this.

4 of my characters are affected by this in every Warzone they go to. It makes is a totally painful experience to play when you canĺt see your target. As I play PvP a lot I just try to avoid those toons, unfortunately it now effects my favourite characters.

I asked around my guild and so many people are effected it is unreal. One of our best pvp players has gone to the Elder Scrolls Online until this is fixed.

30 May 2013
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7452876
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6554500
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6595906
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=742842

I look forward to the update.